Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What to do next year for our defense?

SkinsCrushCowboys

I see a lot of people saying that we should draft DB's next year and all of this but obviously we aren't going to be able to draft a first rounder. Are we going to pick 2nd-7th round Safeties and Corners and hope they can get the job done or what?

I think first Haslett has to go, and Raheem if he is not good but since a lot of emphasis is not put on Defense Backs coaches in the media I really don't know if he is a problem or not. This is one and only instance I would want Dan Snyder to step in and be like Mike, we gotta do something about Jim, he is not getting the job done. We are so close. We need to be cut throat with our personnel coaches and players to build the best all around team we can and not just keep people around because they are liked in the coaches circle.

One thing I think we have going for us is that our team is a few pieces away from completing the puzzle and that means top free agents will be more prone to want to play for this team. Knowing you can play with RG3 and that offense on a young up and coming team many guys will jump on that train in a heart beat coupled with the fact that the Redskins are a big market team and we pay good. Not saying we should rely on free agency cuz we know that is a recipe for failure but there are good players that are always out there that always get snatched up fast because they want to go to team they are about to do big things. I haven't looked into it but saw some giants fans saying they need to pay cruz and get that contract done, players like that, will be more prone to taking a look at the skins. Obviously not Cruz himself with him already being on a superbowl team.

I dunno guys what do you think? Garcon coming back sometime will be great as well the offense can do its thing but we need to do something about this defense, and I still don't like Danny either, he is not fooling me just because we haven't got blocked kicks in a couple weeks

I think we need to drop Banks, and maybe grossman depending on how important he really is behind the scenes...But just to free up 2 more spaces for better players that could benefit us somewhere else on the field. I really hope they are working hard on developing our offensive line rookies, always helps to have good back ups, I like what our OLine is doing right now though. Offense just needs to get healthy and maybe drop a WR and pick up another threat of a receiver from somewhere. The defense needs to be fixed over the rest of this year, lots of beer and maryland crabs and some tough decisions. Once we get passed this year and next that stupid cap penalty will be done with. Until then we got to do a lot with a little

I'd actually like to see Rex Ryan get canned (though unlikely to happen); and then get hired on here as a DC. He'd be a lot better option than Morris or Haz. There should be a few decent FA options available at the end of the year as well (DRC from Eagles, Brent Grimes from Falcons; etc). Would be nice to land at least one decent FA, then draft a decent CB or S with the round 2 pick. I think our pass rush will be better next year with Rak and Carriker back, as long as they can stay healthy.

I do agree that it should be a little easier to get quality players to come here now and not just because they are looking for a big payday. People are going to be open to coming here because we have a legit superstar at QB who will put up big numbers and always put us in a situation to win. Just that will be a completely different feel for this organization than I can remember.

We are looking at this defense sucking for at least 2 years unless we hit on draft picks? That cap penalty really hurts our chances at landing good FA. Corners are expensive and we do not have the cap flexibility to get a premium corner

Just getting Orakpo, Carriker, and Merriweather could be big additions to this defense. However as far as new pieces I think safety needs to be addressed. Our CB's aren't all-pro but they're serviceable. Unfortunately we just don't seem to have anyone that can man the safety positions. CB's play underneath expecting help over the top and it either comes late or the angle is so horrible the receiver has already gotten past them. I believe the best bang for our buck would be a rangy safety that can limit big plays. He doesn't need to be a ballhawk, just someone that can limit the big play. With that player we're probably 5-2 right now.

I see a lot of people saying that we should draft DB's next year and all of this but obviously we aren't going to be able to draft a first rounder. Are we going to pick 2nd-7th round Safeties and Corners and hope they can get the job done or what?

second round picks and even third rounders are supposed to be starting caliber as rookies in the nfl

Just getting Orakpo, Carriker, and Merriweather could be big additions to this defense. However as far as new pieces I think safety needs to be addressed. Our CB's aren't all-pro but they're serviceable. Unfortunately we just don't seem to have anyone that can man the safety positions. CB's play underneath expecting help over the top and it either comes late or the angle is so horrible the receiver has already gotten past them. I believe the best bang for our buck would be a rangy safety that can limit big plays. He doesn't need to be a ballhawk, just someone that can limit the big play. With that player we're probably 5-2 right now.

Bruh our CBs suck. 10 yard slants and hitches have nothing to do with safeties. We need DRC or Talib. Hope Minnifield is ready to go. Cause its ugly out there.

Bruh our CBs suck. 10 yard slants and hitches have nothing to do with safeties. We need DRC or Talib. Hope Minnifield is ready to go. Cause its ugly out there.

Sure we need help in the secondary...I think Has and Morris are doing the best they can with the personnel they have. I say it almost every week, we need another dominant pass rusher. Eli wasn't pressured a whole lot today. A few hurried passes but thats about it.

This has to be done in free agency and the draft. There will be someone who will drop down in the 2nd round. It happens very year. Either de or olb or ilb hybrid.

Did anyone think that Melvin Ingram would go so far down the draft boards? Nope. Or danta Hightower? Nope.

The games changed or changing. You can only cover a person so much we need pass rushers. And yes I know cb an safties, but let's see what we have with marryweather and yes I want Jackson the druggie back. Why not? He's gonna be cheap and he was lookin good before he god goddelled.

No cap space and probably a mid-2nd rounder will be your first pick next year. Won't be able to address all the needs on defense. I will say that if the front 7 can stay healthy next year and they can add a piece or two in the secondary and get lucky with a mid-to-late round pick, we'll be much improved. I don't see this team making a run until 2075 :D

We suck...does it really matter. I'm apathetic and used to the suckiness now.

Hate to say it because people have in the past and so many people dislike him on this board, but is anyone else missing Landry? I know everyone wanted him gone but he's played every game this year and no one on here can tell me they prefer Williams over him...

I'm surprised with how well he's played so far (and that he's stayed healthy to this point), but I'm not too upset about losing him. Our trouble at the safety positions is in coverage which Landry was never spectacular at any way. I miss Atogwe at FS over Madieu more than Landry over Doughty/Pugh.

Archived