Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CNN: Man arrested in plot to blow up Federal Reserve bank in New York

visionary

Sigh. So somehow you've managed to go from wishing the guy had succeeded in his plan,(and as of yet,haven't explained why),to this being something cooked up by the FBI,(which you've backed up with a video of Judge Napolitano saying as such). You don't happen to have stock in Reynolds Metals do you?

The level of stupid demonstrated by a very, very small minority of posters in this thread is making me rethink my views on universal suffrage.

And it's making me rethink the second amendment. There are some unstable mentally crippled people out there for certain, a very large percentage of them undiagnosed

The level of stupid demonstrated by a very, very small minority of posters in this thread is making me rethink my views on universal suffrage.

I'd actually be okay with a test of some kind of test for voter eligibility. Nothing that would disenfranchise someone based on race or gender. Something like the citizenship test.

Just a thought.

To each his own, but this whole thing was obviously set up. The FBI cooked this plot up from beginning to end, you can bet on it. They expect me to believe that his guy didnt think to ask the guy to show him the explosives in action before buying it? "here have this bomb, now go blow up a building with it"

you see the same dude the next day "HEY IS THAT A BOMB, PUT YOUR ****ING HANDS UP YOU TERRORIST"

the FBI has such a boring job they have to essentially make terrorists now...

awesome world we live in

I know you are gone, but I want others to see my response. They did a good job with your first post, but to answer this...

when dealing with terrorists, they are about on the same intelligence level as you are, which is not very high. So it's conceiveble that the FBI would be able to fool this fool.

Never mind. The well has been poisoned.

How did you change your post without editing it? lol

I thought you brought up some good points.

Although if the FBI hadn't come along, maybe someone else would have.

In the end he chose to attempt to blow up the building.

Is this you?

No, this is him.

pT7Yx.gif

---------- Post added October-18th-2012 at 08:48 AM ----------

Never mind. The well has been poisoned.

True. A discussion of the ethics of entrapment would have been interesting here, but no way do I want to start it in this context.

From the little I've read in this case, this was a foreign-born militant who came here looking to commit violence and was looking for Al Qaeda assistance and came across an FBI informant.

If this is accurate, this does not appear to be a case where the FBI was seeding an idea in some local disaffected loser to do something they would never have accomplished on their own.

Yeah, I understand that, but just seems that's an incredible amount of work & $ when he probably made his intentions pretty clear with the purchase.

Yeah, I understand your point. I'd just really rather there not be a chance he gets off on a technicality, a strong defense attorney, or a flighty juror.

Archived