Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

For Midget Fans: Why John Mara cheated

SkinsHokieFan

Aren't they still fighting the penalty for next year?

No real word on this yet, although it might be interesting to see what happens on this front in the off-season.

As it stands now, the 'skins and 'boys were unable to have their appeal heard by the arbitrator. The NFLPA is pursuing action against the league in a related matter (which Mara opened the door to by effectively admitting collusion), but it is not clear that this action could benefit the aggrieved teams.

No real word on this yet, although it might be interesting to see what happens on this front in the off-season.

As it stands now, the 'skins and 'boys were unable to have their appeal heard by the arbitrator. The NFLPA is pursuing action against the league in a related matter (which Mara opened the door to by effectively admitting collusion), but it is not clear that this action could benefit the aggrieved teams.

Well, at least now I get what happened.I still say there was some wrongdoing on the teams part, BUT I think one year was a more appropriate penalty not two (no idea on the dollar amount) . The more I read the more baffling it really is. I was better off with my head in the sand :)

Another note: Mara on the board is a conflict of interest....

Well, at least now I get what happened.I still say there was some wrongdoing on the teams part, BUT I think one year was a more appropriate penalty not two (no idea on the dollar amount) . The more I read the more baffling it really is. I was better off with my head in the sand :)

Again I appreciate that you, as an opposing fan, took the time to understand what all the fuss is about.

Another note: Mara on the board is a conflict of interest....

This is the key issue to me, and this is the main reason 'skins fans have so much animosity towards the man. I'm happy you acknowledge it.

The unfortunate thing is that most of us had nothing but respect for Wellington Mara, it is a shame to see John Mara drag his family's good name through the mud like this.

Again I appreciate that you, as an opposing fan, took the time to understand what all the fuss is about.

This is the key issue to me, and this is the main reason 'skins fans have so much animosity towards the man. I'm happy you acknowledge it.

The unfortunate thing is that most of us had nothing but respect for Wellington Mara, it is a shame to see John Mara drag his family's good name through the mud like this.

I honestly had not come to the forum much over the years, but when I did come the Giants seemed to have most fans respect. A shame something off the field had to turn that.

Yea, he should have separated himself from the punishment and let it be handled elsewhere.

I honestly had not come to the forum much over the years, but when I did come the Giants seemed to have most fans respect. A shame something off the field had to turn that.

Yea, he should have separated himself from the punishment and let it be handled elsewhere.

Well I for one still respect the fan base. Although they are pretty easy to parody. Tell me half your fan base isn't Carl from Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

It's your team I hate. And I've always hated them. This debacle just took it to a new level.

Well I for one still respect the fan base. Although they are pretty easy to parody. Tell me half your fan base isn't Carl from Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

It's your team I hate. And I've always hated them. This debacle just took it to a new level.

MOST Giant fans I know are quite humble. Don't take this wrong but 2 SB's in 5 years brings a level of confidence in the team that is impossible to describe. Problem is it brings bandwagon jumpers on...those are the *******s mostly.

I did not read the entire thread here but I have thought the whole thing was bull**** from the day it started, i personally think Mara did this because his team was so close to cap, ironically they were 700,000 over with our extra 1.6 million and had to restructure contracts, i think was a conspiracy to allow giants to keep them from having to dump players they wanted for another playoff run.

Echoing both points there.

Thanks jp03 for coming at this in a civilised, purely inquisitive manner. And for not getting all defensive therein. It's appreciated that a fellow football fan would take the time to find out the ins and outs on this sham and give an honest opinion in a respectful manner.

And mores the pity John isn't like his father, who was a great man. Both in and out of football.

I still respect the fan base as well. The Old Guard respect I had for the franchise is all gone though. This year they are at least tied with the Cowboys on my hate-o-meter, and that's saying something.

That alone makes me hate (a strong word, but man does it apply when it comes to my feelings on him) Mara even more.

Aside from anything else, anyone that can get me (and I'll go further than Henry has) to favour the Cowboys over them deserves my utter disdain. :mad:

Hail.

Ahh, but one prison detainee who is found not to have committed the original crime is expected go without compensation? If no law is broken, then no punishment should be meted out. Yet the Skins were.

It's one way or the other. Either there was collusion among NFL owners/teams on the salaries paid or the Skins were innocent. If there was no collusion, then the Skins could not be at fault for obeying a rule that they never talked about. If they did talk about tit then the NFL is guilty of collusion. In unfair labor practices, that would make the teams liable for triple the actual damages.

Go Mara. I hope you get it the way you gave it to the Skins.

Ok question here. If the nflpa wins the lawsuit is there any way we could argue on our behalf as well?

I mean if they win does that not leave a hole to this whole situation.....

I doubt it. However the damages that would come down if the union won would so piss off the owners that I doubt you would see Mara in charge of anything again. Might even sink Goodell.

Some reading material from Mike Florio (who is a Steelers fan, grew up in WVA, and is NOT a Redskins fan like you numskulls thought last spring), who did a fantastic job covering the story.

Probably because a few years ago he was the only one to pick the Redskins to win the Super Bowl ?

Florio is a lifelong fan of the Minnesota Vikings. Some Steelers fans even think he hates the Steelers: "When Mike Florio over at ProFootballTalk posted the Ta’amu story, he threw in a shot about how Steelers in Pittsburgh can get away with anything. Some Steeler fans on twitter didn’t like that and saw it as more evidence of Mike’s anti-Steeler bias.

He's doing a good job of keeping us updated about it, I wish someone will sue Mara/Goodell.

• 1 month later...

Archived