Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

For Midget Fans: Why John Mara cheated

SkinsHokieFan

Can you provide sources which disagree with the multiple links I have presented in this thread?

I have. You wont under any circumstance entertain the idea that maybe, just maybe, there's a little more to the story than you'd like.

You litterally said:

There indeed are 2 sides to this debate. The Redskins and Cowboys side (which is correct) and the incorrect side of John Mara is a cheater

Thinking those are the only two possible sides to this story makes it not even possible to have this discussion with you. You're so far under the Redskins spell that you've lost any sense of possible objectivity. It is a gigantic waste of my time to even try, again, to explain my position.

You still think I side with the NFL on this. You just flat out aren't capable of discussing this matter with.

I have. You wont under any circumstance entertain the idea that maybe, just maybe, there's a little more to the story than you'd like.

What is the little more? That the rules were essentially changed 2 years later ?That the NFL approved the contracts at the time? That the 2010 NFL year was uncapped per the rules of the CBA at the time. That the CBA signed in 2011 was a different agreement and NOT a continuation of the 2010 CBA?

They also AGREED that there would be consequences for anybody that violated the spirit of the cap by dumping dead money in the uncapped year. Danny and Jerry challenged this, and looks like they lost.

lol, "spirit of the cap". Does this "spirit" only include going over the cap and not under? Does this "spirit" also have issues with dumping cap money within the same year but NOT if you did it previously in anticipation of it? And why is this "spirit" so angry at the Cowboys and Redskins only?

Hmmm....

They also AGREED that there would be consequences for anybody that violated the spirit of the cap by dumping dead money in the uncapped year. Danny and Jerry challenged this, and looks like they lost.

No, they did not. That's where you are wrong. That decision came from the NFL competition committee warning teams not do it. And it was a violation of the previous agreement that all teams had entered into

lol, "spirit of the cap". Does this "spirit" only include going over the cap and not under? Does this "spirit" also have issues with dumping cap money within the same year but NOT if you did it previously in anticipation of it? And why is this "spirit" so angry at the Cowboys and Redskins only?

Hmmm....

Exactly.

Spirit of the cap = collusion.

If people see it any other way, I simply cannot understand their logic.

Yes, the league colluded. I agree. Collusion in business happens all the time. I think most here are being obtuse to that fact, and that's what tshile is saying. The question is, did Snyder and Jones speak up from the get go and say "we're not going along with this..." or did they nod their head's silently and then go ahead and dump money anyways?

Yes, the league colluded. I agree. Collusion in business happens all the time. I think most here are being obtuse to that fact, and that's what tshile is saying. The question is, did Snyder and Jones speak up from the get go and say "we're not going along with this..." or did they nod their head's silently and then go ahead and dump money anyways?

Nobody knows because none of it was in writing nor on the record.

Did the NFL ever "warn teams" We don't know because none of it is in writing anywhere.

The only rules that existed in 2010 were the rules of the 2010 CBA indicating that it was an uncapped year. Thats why the NFL approved the contracts in 2010.

Collusion doesn't "happen all the time" Its illegal and the DOJ gets involved there.

What? So, you have no idea what happened behind the scenes, but you are assuming Snyder and Jones silently tricked the rest of the league into thinking they would go along with this illegal scheme.... then they reworked their contracts and sent them to the league for approval as part of some master secrecy plan?

Give it a rest. The NFL ****ed over the Redskins and the Cowboys because Mara thought teams in his division got an advantage he didn't take advantage of.

No, I didn't assume. I asked a question.

What? So, you have no idea what happened behind the scenes, but you are assuming Snyder and Jones silently tricked the rest of the league into thinking they would go along with this illegal scheme.... then they reworked their contracts and sent them to the league for approval as part of some master secrecy plan?

Give it a rest. The NFL ****ed over the Redskins and the Cowboys because Mara thought teams in his division got an advantage he didn't take advantage of.

It's just not worth it. You're not going to find people who are even capable of entertaining someone else's ideas on this subject. You're either out for Mara's blood or your a traitor to the redskins.

Remember, it's simple and black and white...

:ols:

---------- Post added October-17th-2012 at 02:23 PM ----------

The fact those are the only two sides you see says a lot about you.

Yes, it sure does. It says he is a well thought out and intelligent poster who came armed with facts that you cannot dispute using other facts. In this case, it truly is a blank and white issue

How about the owners in 2006 not agreeing to a deal where the last year of the CBA is uncapped?

And then the owners locking out the players?

No lockout=no uncapped year= no Redskins and Cowboys playing by the 2010 rules

That is the bottom line

Yeah, they'd probably be worse off than 18 mil/year in the hole, because they'd still be eating the Haynesworth and Hall contracts.

You know what would have made all of this irrelevant?

If Snyder didn't have all of those absolutely ridiculous deals on the books to begin with. Then there woudl be no dead money to dump, and no penalties to deal with.

That's the bottom line.

How about the owners in 2006 not agreeing to a deal where the last year of the CBA is uncapped?

And then the owners locking out the players?

No lockout=no uncapped year= no Redskins and Cowboys playing by the 2010 rules

That is the bottom line

see, still cannot dispute (and no, smileys dont count, sorry)

I'm not getting sucked into going over everything again; i've already posted it. It's text, it hasn't changed, you can go back and read it.

If you had a shade of ability to be objective I would, but you've made it clear you don't.

The world is black and white, the only two options are the extremes. You're either with the Redskins or you're against them. We've got it, we understand that viewpoint very well. It's a very common one apparently.

so.....

I know it was asked way back in the beginning of the thread, but have any of these johnnycomelately jokers come up with the actual answer to the question...

what rule was broken?

---------- Post added October-17th-2012 at 02:56 PM ----------

I'm not getting sucked into going over everything again; i've already posted it. It's text, it hasn't changed, you can go back and read it.

If you had a shade of ability to be objective I would, but you've made it clear you don't.

The world is black and white, the only two options are the extremes. You're either with the Redskins or you're against them. We've got it, we understand that viewpoint very well. It's a very common one apparently.

Nope, I read every single word you wrote here and you still have refuted anything beyond your mere opinion. weak sauce.

It is exactly as black and white as expressed.

No cap = no cap violation. It is impossible to have any in between on it.

Adding smileys isn't helping your case. (Not that you've put up one of any substance to start with.).

It just makes you look tawdry and silly.

Hail.

And how do you think you guys look? Intelligent? How do you think your little insults look?

You keep repeating the same things, no matter what I say. To continue the conversation and expect anything to change would be insane.

Now, you guys can continue to lob little insults towards me in an attempt to get me to reengage in this ridiculous attempt at a conversation, or you can move on...

In the mean-time, :ols:

Yeah I posted w/ the same thought process. Either/Or the league is guilty of collusion or Mara has become the largest hypocrite in the world. I remember shortly after they were hit w/ a cap penalty. Apparently Mara just has more clout than Jurrah or Danny boy in the league offices.

lol, this post is borderline absurd and not based in reality. Sure, the other owners signed off, but to target the Redskins and Cowboys exclusively because they did the same thing MANY other clubs did essentially but in a slightly different way SCREAMS of personal agenda. You do remember the Bucs being the only one who didn't vote for the penalty when the owners reconvened on the matter, right? Why do you think that was? Because they knew damn well they would be the biggest hypocrites considering they took just as much advantage of the situation as anyone else. Why we were the only two teams punished is painfully clear.

Spot on! Uncapped hence no max or min of salary. No baseline for an assessment to be made. In any stats or economic class they preach a baseline is needed to evaluate any situation. Where one goes from there? How to make an assessment and to judge how one is doing...

There was no baseline hence this penalty on the skins and cowboys doesn't make sense. Hence the bucs should also get a cap hit for going in the other direction. Thy underspent allot!!!! Just like the do for Manchester United untill this year where Alex ferguson had to force em too... But besides that... Point is no baseline no cap no penalty and nothing for this punishment to stick.

Archived