Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Huge Game Next Week vs. The Giants

AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy

First off, I'm stoked to get our division schedule underway next week, as I'm tired of playing the riff raff from other divisions, etc. When the season started, I was fully aware that we might enter our first divisional game with the season already out of hand. What has unfolded however, is an intriguing scenario for our team...

Cowturds - (2-3) - On the verge of losing the locker room. Jerruh is gettin' restless, and Garrett is a lame duck coach. Heads will roll at some point this year, and I wouldn't be shocked if that team gets blown up in January. Here's to hoping that they continue to lose painfully.

Seagulls - (3-3) - Turnover machine. Their guys have already quit, you can just see it in their body language. The bar where I watched the game had a bunch of Cheeseteak fans right behind me. It was all I could do not to jump out of my seat when Hanson split the uprights today. Andy Reid is toast, and they will have to rebuild as well.

G-Spots - (4-2) - They handed the Niners a beatdown today. They are a playoff team, and they usually play their best football late in the year. Polar opposite of the Cowturds.

Then there's the lowly Skins. You know, the team that Pee-Turd King (my favorite thread of the year) picked to win two games? The team that has languished in the cellar of the NFC Beast for far too long? The team that just snapped an abysmal 8 game skid mark at home? The team with the crap secondary that somehow has gotten a pick in the last 7 games?

So, we waltz into NYC next week with the chance to take over 1st place in the division at the 7-game pole of the season. I'm not a "next week's game is huge" kinda guy...but next week's game is huge.

If we win, we will be in 1st place. If we win, we will gain some momentum in the locker room and in the media. If we win, we will be playing meaningful football games in November. And don't say we were 3-1 last year, blah, blah, blah. We sucked last year, it just took us until week 5 to figure it out.

This is a big game for us, and I'm happy that we're playing on the road in NYC. We could make a statement. There's something special about this RG3 kid, and I'm looking forward to a tight game.

I'm not expecting us to make the paloffs, but with a win this week I might be forced to re-examine my thinking on that matter. Even if that re-examination only lasts for a couple of seconds, I'll savor the **** out of it.

Sunday is only 7 days away...

Maybe we should start Rex for this game...he dissected the Giants last year.

Just kidding

I honestly wouldn't mind that version of Grossman vs NY. The giants will be dialing into the skins' option scheme with their edge rushers. Bob needs to have a clean game with no mistakes on tosses and handoffs, boots, and rollouts. The giants will be hungry with their high motor DEs

I honestly wouldn't mind that version of Grossman vs NY. The giants will be dialing into the skins' option scheme with their edge rushers. Bob needs to have a clean game with no mistakes on tosses and handoffs, boots, and rollouts. The giants will be hungry with their high motor DEs

We need to cut out the BS option/screen crap to Banks. JPP, Tuck, and the Giants will kill BB if we try that stuff against them. I'd expect to see RG3 used in a more traditional way against the G-Men. Would be nice if Alfred could get going early and setup play actions for Griffin. I honestly think Eli might throw for 500 yards again, so we might need to hang 40 to keep up.

The Redskins dominated the Giants last year but this defense doesn't seem capable of stopping anyone from coming back now and Eli is probably the best in the NFL now at 2nd half comebacks. I'm not expecting a win but maybe it'll turn into one of those things where Shanahan just somehow has the Giants number.

So who are we playing next week?

"oh, we're playing the.." It doesn't MATTER WHO WE PLAY *people's eyebrow*

Even with Rex and Jason the Redskins play everyone to the last whistle. The only real beatdowns I can think of are eagles MNF, and Patriots 07. We beat the Packers that year, pretty much beat the Saints that year, I remember us playing Peyton's Colts to the wire... and Brady last year.

So The Rock just has one simple question: who, in the bluest of blue hell are the Giants? The team we swept with Rex Grossman? I don't care what they did to the 49ers, how many years do the Redskins have to play 'up to their competition' before people stop getting all scared of 'scary opponents'. I'm not scared of the Steelers or Ravens or anyone. RG3 isn't either.

So who are we playing next week?

"oh, we're playing the.." It doesn't MATTER WHO WE PLAY *people's eyebrow*

Even with Rex and Jason the Redskins play everyone to the last whistle. The only real beatdowns I can think of are eagles MNF, and Patriots 07. We beat the Packers that year, pretty much beat the Saints that year, I remember us playing Peyton's Colts to the wire... and Brady last year.

So The Rock just has one simple question: who, in the bluest of blue hell are the Giants? The team we swept with Rex Grossman? I don't care what they did to the 49ers, how many years do the Redskins have to play 'up to their competition' before people stop getting all scared of 'scary opponents'. I'm not scared of the Steelers or Ravens or anyone. RG3 isn't either.

Yup. Everyone was fearing the Vikings defense and that maybe RG III shouldn't come back against them. RG III is fearless. He doesn't care what the defense brings to the table, he thinks he can put points on the board. And so far, that's exactly what he's done. I expect this to be a typical, close, NFC East battle. I no longer and look at the schedule and say there's no way we can beat this team. With RG III, I think we have a shot against anyone

Not holding my breath.

Everytime this team is given a chance to step up in a big moment and make a statement, they come out flat/uninspired. Happened last season, the year before that and so on and so forth.

Hope RG3 can change that pattern but with the way the defense has tanked, I really can't go into next week's game expecting much of anything.

Don't mean to be a downer but if you are honest with yourself, you know this is true until the team actually shows you otherwise.

Not holding my breath.

Everytime this team is given a chance to step up in a big moment and make a statement, they come out flat/uninspired. Happened last season, the year before that and so on and so forth.

Hope RG3 can change that pattern but with the way the defense has tanked, I really can't go into next week's game expecting much of anything.

Don't mean to be a downer but if you are honest with yourself, you know this is true until the team actually shows you otherwise.

The statement you made is absolutely true.

But after 6 weeks in, I came to the conclusion that as long as RGIII is under center, we got a shot.

I'm more worried about the gaymen pass rush than anything else and of course or lax defense. I think Bob will do allot of screens and slant to exploit their aggressiveness. That's the way to beat them tire them down! Pound the ball!!!

Example. The browns show us a blueprint on how to beat them! Pound te damn ball and mix some play action. Without the turnovers. Richardson should have been used more in that game and I'm sure Morris will pound it inside and out to wear them down. Close game this one but I hope our defense and pass rush show up.

The Redskins dominated the Giants last year but this defense doesn't seem capable of stopping anyone from coming back now and Eli is probably the best in the NFL now at 2nd half comebacks. I'm not expecting a win but maybe it'll turn into one of those things where Shanahan just somehow has the Giants number.

Unable to stop a comeback? Did you catch the game yesterday?

Archived