Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Huge Game Next Week vs. The Giants

AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy

Not holding my breath.

Everytime this team is given a chance to step up in a big moment and make a statement, they come out flat/uninspired. Happened last season, the year before that and so on and so forth.

Hope RG3 can change that pattern but with the way the defense has tanked, I really can't go into next week's game expecting much of anything.

Don't mean to be a downer but if you are honest with yourself, you know this is true until the team actually shows you otherwise.

I'm with you. This week is going to be a tall order, no doubt. People can point to New Orleans earlier this season, but that was obviously before we found out just how bad they would be, out of the gate. All three phases are going to have to come to play (and play big) on Sunday. One thing that I have noticed is that 1.) We have a tendency to be way too predictabl eon first down, and we almost never try to mix it up early on. It's causing us to get off to slow starts offensively, and along with the erratic play of the defense, has had us being murdered in TOP early on in the last 2 games. I'm all for establishing the run, but I'd like to see more throwing on first down, as a change up, just to keep guys honest. They knew we were going to run that toss play on our first drive.

If we play the Giants early on like we played the Vikes, the game could be over quickly.

We need to cut out the BS option/screen crap to Banks. JPP, Tuck, and the Giants will kill BB if we try that stuff against them. I'd expect to see RG3 used in a more traditional way against the G-Men. Would be nice if Alfred could get going early and setup play actions for Griffin. I honestly think Eli might throw for 500 yards again, so we might need to hang 40 to keep up.

We use that option look to set up other stuff, and it's terribly effective at it. I don't think we'll do it as much, but I would be surprised if we 86'd it just because.

For the stat guys, here's a look at the matchup:

Total yards

Redskins O: 394

Giants D: 363

Giants O: 414.7

Redskins D: 417.2

Passing

Redskins O: 228

Giants D: 256.8

Giants O: 289.7

Redskins D: 328.3

Rushing

Redskins O: 166

Giants D: 106.2

Giants O: 125

Redskins D: 88.8

T.O.P.

Redskins: 30:40

Giants: 31:38

Turnovers

Redskins: +9

Giants: +7

Sacks

Redskins O: 13

Giants D: 14

Giants O: 5

Redskins D: 12

For the Skins to have a chance, we need to get the ground game rolling, and fast.

Fortunately, our secondary has put together its two best games against two of the more prolific passing offenses this year - Saints and Falcons. If we can keep that trend going and keep Eli down to earth, we'll have a pretty good chance.

I guarantee the Giants don't see this as a gimme game, no matter what, divisional games are dogfights and now we have a BIG dog on the field!

I was kinda wondering how things would play out when I saw the schedule released earlier this year, but now I'm seeing it as a blessing. Griffin has gotten bloodied, earned some respect and has the team under his lead, the O line is gelling and after a seriously WTF? start the D is getting their act together. Now we get to the meat of the season, games that count X2 against divisional foes and the team is looking ready for the next level. Bring 'em on!

And oh yeah, I agree that this matters just a leetle bit more 'cuz of that rat**** Mara.

Giants are still the champs, and they just dismantled the 49ers, so this looks to be pretty tough on paper. I do take some solace in the fact we swept them last year, but we usually do not fair so well in Jersey. I'm pretty worried about this one.

I think part of why I'm so worried is that I want to win this game in a bad way. Not only is it a crucial division match-up, but the Giants have surpassed even Dallas on my list of most hated rivals. Mara's move to take his division rivals down a peg this offseason still has me fuming, and I am hoping in earnest that we exact some justice on the field.

At times like these I wish I believed in karma.

I'm not wishing for it by any means, but I wouldn't lose any sleep if Eli suddenly weren't to break his arm in practice this week and not be able to play.

I truly don't ever want to see anybody get injured. I was just hoping for a good old-fashioned beat-down in the game on Sunday.

I would rather beat them when they are at full strength anyway.

I want Elijah under center. That way the vaGiants won't have any excuses if the Redskins win.

Screw their excuses. Excuses are for losers. With as much smack as Rolle and JPP (or Tuck, whoever thought of the 'Bob Griffin' "burn") and the rest of their defense talk, I'd be perfectly happy playing against all their backups.

Big test for Robert. The Giants sometimes beat us down and take our lunch money in NY. That **** Mara screwed us and i gotta believe the football Gods will have the ball bouncing our way. We got this game. Just need to minimize penalties and turnovers.

Yeah, I was thinking that Karma has got to be on our side for that A-hole taking so much from us so they can maintain a competitive edge (Which was the reason they took money from us) so I hope Karma kicks them square in the butt on Sunday!!

I honestly wouldn't mind that version of Grossman vs NY. The giants will be dialing into the skins' option scheme with their edge rushers. Bob needs to have a clean game with no mistakes on tosses and handoffs, boots, and rollouts. The giants will be hungry with their high motor DEs

I think their ends wiill be more disciplined than some of the other teams we have faced. I think we will run more screens and shovels, similar to the Saints game, to mix things up on their front 7.

---------- Post added October-15th-2012 at 10:22 AM ----------

Can we beat them? I think we can. But we need "bad Eli" to show up. Hakeem Nicks is back on the field... him and Victor Cruz will tear us to pieces. Man, I wish I had 'em in fantasy football

We beat them twice last year, and we are a slightly better team than then. Odds are against us, but it's the NFL and we could sneak away with a win. I won't be upset with a loss unless we lose players from injury too.

Archived