Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All thoughts are not threads: Jaws on RGIII, your opinion

Teller

Yeah, initially I thought we were just ranking play at this point in the season, but Jaws' ranking is best QB in the league taking everyone's career into account and a lot of these guys have done a lot more for longer. I think #17 is pretty good. Hopefully we'll see him rise to the top, but I wouldn't expect it in one season. I think it's great that after 4 games he's at 17 when he's still a rookie.

I think right now 17th best is essentially fair. He just doesn't have the games under his belt yet. I look for his ranking to rise week to week. Is it 17 though? I dont know, maybe 12 or something. Point is, I don't dismiss jaws as a hater or anything

Now that said, is there another QB in the entire league I would trade him for? Absolutely not.

I'd say that he is the #1 QB so far on this team....

But Cousins has a Ton of potential.....

Maybe if Roberts stock gets real high we could re-coup a couple 3rd rounders or maybe even a 2nd rounder to make up for those 1sts we traded away.......

IIIIt so comforting that we have a proven Super BOwl Winning QB waiting in the wings in case the rookie stumbles in the form of Rex.

If Rex were starting JAWS would probably rank him higher.

Not so sure if I should take this serious or even waste my time re-quoting...

I kid, I kid..... : )

I wouldn't dismiss Ryan so quickly. He was putting up good numbers before and Roddy White didn't really start coming around until Ryan was drafted there. He's really good.

But of the QBs right now I'd take over RG3: Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Peyton, Ryan.

This is just misinformed, White had 1200 yards receiving the year before Ryan got there...

I would take Ryan if we consider the rest of the team, but if we're saying same personnel then I'm taking RG3.

So far RG3 has improved each week. Lets see at the end of the season where he is ranked.

I like the fact that he is willing to change to avoid getting hit more and he learns when he makes mistakes.

More of the national sports tv commentators are saying good things about him and our team. We are finally

being discussed more this year. I really appreciate his leadership skills that he has with leading his teammates

both on and off the field. He reminds me of Drew Brees in the leadership area for sure when you read his quotes

in the newspaper.

I think right now 17th best is essentially fair. He just doesn't have the games under his belt yet. I look for his ranking to rise week to week. Is it 17 though? I dont know, maybe 12 or something. Point is, I don't dismiss jaws as a hater or anything

Now that said, is there another QB in the entire league I would trade him for? Absolutely not.

I finally listened to the broadcast of Jaws making those comments -- he was actually big time enthusiastic in making those comments, sayings its rare for him to have a QB ranked that high so fast. The way he made that point he seem to be implying rookie QBs are generally at the bottom of his list until they prove themselves over time, but in 4 games he's already prepared to put him ahead of about half the QBs in the league who have taken years to learn their craft.

Wait, so you're gonna dismiss all the other areas where Griffin and the offense are killin it, but focus on the one area where the offense is average?

btw-the offense 3rd down struggles pre-date Griffin, imo its more a Kyle issue then a Griffin issue and if the object is to score points and gain yards and the offense is 3rd/4th in those areas low 3rd down efficiency becomes less meaningful

No, I'm not dismissing them at all just making a point regarding 3rd and long. I was just thinking about all the other QB's in the league and how there has to be more than 9 others that are playing very well right now. You have to admit it's tough to rank a rookie QB in the top 10. Yes, the offense struggles and here's a good point regarding Griffin that should be brought up. Due to his abilities the skins are rarely in 3rd and long situations. The running game is very strong with either Morris or the option (as much as we all hate to see him hit). If the skins can avoid stupid penalties and stay in manageable situations on 3rd down I think the skins will win more games.

Also, I love Griffins deep ball. We haven't seen that in DC for a long time. I didn't mean my original statement to be a knock on Griffin.

I'm cool with it. His 3rd down conversion rate is not that good and he doesn't have a lot of passing TD's. As long as he's the #1 rated rookie on his board, I'm not going to get worked up about 17. He is a rookie and it is only 4 games. If he keeps playing this well for 16 games and Jaws still has him 17th, then we can cry foul.

I believe in RGIII !!!!

Griffin is not a top 10 QB yet. He has that potential but he isn't even close right now. He is still a rookie. What he does give us right now is that "anything can happen feeling".

In my opinion, he will be a top 10 QB when we can sit back and *know* when we are down 7 in the 4th, that he *will* bring the team down the field.

That's how I see the difference.

Griffin is not a top 10 QB yet. He has that potential but he isn't even close right now. He is still a rookie. What he does give us right now is that "anything can happen feeling".

In my opinion, he will be a top 10 QB when we can sit back and *know* when we are down 7 in the 4th, that he *will* bring the team down the field.

That's how I see the difference.

I already got that feeling. And actually he has proven it these pass 3 weeks.

I think this is interesting as well

Redskins watch

Would the Washington Redskins Trade Kirk Cousins to Kansas City Chiefs? http://t.co/Ro6p0ktB

Ok then what is a fair trade value? Myself I'm not content to get a 3rd round pick I'm exchange. I would rather wait a year or more before pulling the trigger. Cousins has more value as a back up than a 3rd rounder. He could be more efficient and with less turnovers than sexy rexy. And keep in mind that rexy is getting paid over a mill for one year. When infact we can save the one mill next year and keep developing cousins.

A lot of QB's have finally taken the steps they either needed too or was expected too, 17 sounds a lil high about now, but he's about a step above Rex Grossman thank God. After all he did barely beat Josh Freeman last week :ols:

I got him no less then a top 5, and he will continue to climb every week.

Wow, what a bunch of whiney homers. Look at what Jaws said again:

RG3 makes his debut at No. 17, meaning he's just outside the top half of NFL quarterbacks. Honestly, I never thought I'd rank a rookie this high. The trouble is, Griffin has not played like a rookie. What separates him from his first-year peers is his consistency. Andrew Luck and Ryan Tannehill have made some great plays in their young careers, but they've also made some bad ones. I haven't seen that erratic play when it comes to Griffin, hence his extraordinary debut ranking.

It's obvious that Jaws likes RGIII. Damn, he praises him in comparison to all-world rookie wonderboy Luck. It's also clear that part of his #17 ranking is due to him being a rookie. I know it's a Redskins board, and many here get all pissy if someone doesn't slobber their nuts over RGIII, but get real. Go back and read what Jaws said. Please point out where Jaws says anythink ever remotely bad about RGIII. Jaws is one of the best, if not the best, at breaking down QB film (him and Aikman are 1 and 1a). He knows his s**t, more than any of us here.

If you want to hear Jaws true opinion of Vick, go to his golf course, play a round, and get him to talk football. What he can't say on ESPN he'll say in private--that Vick will not win a SB with any team.

Wow, what a bunch of whiney homers. Look at what Jaws said again:

It's obvious that Jaws likes RGIII. Damn, he praises him in comparison to all-world rookie wonderboy Luck. It's also clear that part of his #17 ranking is due to him being a rookie. I know it's a Redskins board, and many here get all pissy if someone doesn't slobber their nuts over RGIII, but get real. Go back and read what Jaws said. Please point out where Jaws says anythink ever remotely bad about RGIII. Jaws is one of the best, if not the best, at breaking down QB film (him and Aikman are 1 and 1a). He knows his s**t, more than any of us here.

If you want to hear Jaws true opinion of Vick, go to his golf course, play a round, and get him to talk football. What he can't say on ESPN he'll say in private--that Vick will not win a SB with any team.

Yep, if you read the comments there's no doubt that Jaws likes RGIII's performance so far and ranks him at 17 only because he is a rookie. Though he is an ex-Eagle, Jaws knows his stuff and I respect his opinion on our franchise quarterback.

Archived