Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Santana Moss' Redskins career **500th career reception in the B&G 10/7/12**

SlinginSammy HOF '63

love that play but jeez -- why is the quality so attrocious, and why does it cut off before he even clearly has full posession and stumbles into the endzone?

The GIF is pretty bad quality, but the video at the link shows the play in it's entirety.

Man, that play totally reminded me of the first Monday Night Miracle TD

moss is clutch. so many of his catches look like long-shot prayers that are complete on sheer luck (i can think of a dozen examples where he comes back and catches it short or somehow catches it between two defenders). but when it happens over and over again, a scientist must conclude that it is not luck, but skill. the dude is uncanny. call his number more often.

Updated for Moss and all-time Redskins rankings.

Receptions:

1. Art Monk 888

2. Charley Taylor 649

3. Gary Clark 549

4. Santana Moss 513

Receiving yards:

1. Art Monk 12,026

2. Charley Taylor 9,110

3. Gary Clark 8,742

4. Santana Moss 7,100

TD Receptions:

1. Charley Taylor 79

2. Art Monk 65

3. Jerry Smith 60

4.Gary Clark 58

(tie) Hugh Taylor 58

6. Bobby Mitchell 49

7. Santana Moss 43

So if he plays with us next season, he's got a decent shot at moving over Bobby Mitchell for Receiving TD's, as well as jumping up to #3rd overall for Receptions. It's possible Moss can surpass Gary Clark this season in Receptions, but not that likely.

Look, I love Santana, but he's still not starting and making too much damn money. You still either gotta restructure his contract or out-right release him after this season is over. He hasn't been a #1 since 2005, and now he's not even a number 2 anymore. Robinson is poised to take Moss's spot as the slot guy, and this is another season where Moss had reverted back to being our best receiver by default. I'm glad he's producing from a TD persepective, but he is still regressing and his contract is still going to have to be addressed because of cap situation. That isn't going to change.

Look, I love Santana, but he's still not starting and making too much damn money. You still either gotta restructure his contract or out-right release him after this season is over. He hasn't been a #1 since 2005, and now he's not even a number 2 anymore. Robinson is poised to take Moss's spot as the slot guy, and this is another season where Moss had reverted back to being our best receiver by default. I'm glad he's producing from a TD persepective, but he is still regressing and his contract is still going to have to be addressed because of cap situation. That isn't going to change.

Hes only making 2.65 mil this year. Thats really not too bad for a guy that is getting into the end zone as much as he is.

Tana is actually one of the best receivers in the last decade. To be sure, there are several who have come into the league or were contemporaries that were better but not a whole lot. Or to put it another way, if Tana played with Brady or Brees, he'd have a hell of a lot more yards, TDs, receptions and would be traipsing his way to the HoF.

Archived