Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Santana Moss' Redskins career **500th career reception in the B&G 10/7/12**

SlinginSammy HOF '63

It's too bad Moss is past his prime. If only he had RG3 from the beginning...

I remember one of my friends saying that Campbell was being held back by the rest of the team because Portis, Moss, and Cooley werenot that good. Glad to see what a real QB can do

It's too bad Moss is past his prime. If only he had RG3 from the beginning...

I remember one of my friends saying that Campbell was being held back by the rest of the team because Portis, Moss, and Cooley werenot that good. Glad to see what a real QB can do

You need to find friends that actually know a little about football.:ols:

Moss needs to talk to London about losing some weight in the off season if he also wants to be effective next year. Fletch is old as the hills and he must do what Ray Lewis did this year: losing weight.

That's the only way these old guys can keep up with covering the TEs. Fletch needs to shed at least 10 pounds to be more effective.

How about that toe tap in the endzone? The two third down catches?

Moss is silently having another good season. I think he is still one of our best players.

The toe tap in the endzone was excellent. The third down catch on a tipped pass to keep the drive going and eat up more clock was absolutely crucial. We needed that. I can't remember if it was on the drive that we essentially kicked the game ending field goal or the drive that RG3 threw the pick but that play was huge. Ball was tipped and got their late so Moss got hit as he made the catch but he hung on when we needed it.

I am praying that Moss remains next year. I don't feel like our receiving corps needs any additions next year and Moss is the perfect leader for the group and is obviously still productive, especially in the redzone. I guess I really have some sentimental feelings about him reaching the 10,000 yard mark for his career here rather than anywhere else. Aside from deserving it, I think he's proved he is still a valuable member of this offense. I was hoping he would reach that benchmark this year but it's looking like he'll be 2-300 yards shy at the end of the year.

Stats updated. I understand the business aspect and restructuring. I really hope he restructures. We need him on the field more than he is right now. The man has come up with some huge catches. Just because he's older does not mean he can't be productive.
He is already proving this, he blew past Atlanta's defense on that long TD run and is always beating his defender in every game. If they played him more, he would possibly be leading all receivers in TD's.

Moss doesn't get many receptions anymore, but it seems like every time he does, it's a TD or a 3rd down conversion. His last two TD catches were ridiculous.

Props to Tana Man also for coming to his teammate's defense when that moron from Dallas pushed Garcon into the wall long after he had RUN ACROSS the goal. It's funny to me that the refs didn't call it, considering after he went past the goal, the defender is supposed to stop but not only did he not stop he SHOVED HIM INTO THE WALL and the unsportsmanlike they called was on whoever for pushing Moss or shoving him. Should have been TWO penalties on that play. They missed a lot of unsportsmanlike on Dallas this game.

They missed a blatantly obvious facemask on Alfred Morris' TD run as well.

He's not going to get more snaps. He's 33 and they're limiting his snaps to keep him fresh throughout the season. Which is the good thing to do. With less wear and tear, he can help contribute next season as well.

Yeah. Remember when we were talking about putting 'tana back in the slot? While he is thriving in that roll now. Kudos to Kyle for using him the way he has.

I would kinda like to see #89 get a few more looks though, as I think he has earned them, but I agree with you that the way they are using him now is smart.

He simply continues to play at a very high level, as Shanny would say. Hopefully we find a way to keep him around to finish out his career here.

• 2 weeks later...

After disappearing in the Giants game (although Griffin did miss him running wide open for a long TD in that one), Moss bounced back nicely against the Ravens. He had a drop on what was a nicely thrown 50 yard bomb, but he also had a huge play on the final drive.

3 catches for 51 yards against the Ravens. The old vet just keeps making plays for us. Love this guy!

• 2 weeks later...

Moss won't get 300 this year but he'll get to 10,000 next year. It's too bad that with WRs they don't look at who a guy had to play with. Is Larry Fitzgerald blowing up the league with trash at QB? No. Moss has mainly had trash and they should give him credit for that in looking back on his career. At worst, he's no worse than Steve Smith has been.

Archived