Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

still work to be done, but this team has got some fight in it

PatFischer37

Yes, we are giving up huge plays. Secondary is not good. We've caught the usual injury bug. BUT with this rookie qb/rb tandum, we will NEVER be out of any game. We are officially fun to watch again. For that I am glad and bleeding b & g with pride

As to the drunken idiots (especially the one who pissed himself after his 14th beer that I counted) and had nothing but negatives for this teams efforts, puleeze, leave the skins nation. Baltimore would love to have you as their newest convert.

All we need to do in the off-season between the draft and free agency is acquire 1 maybe 2 starting safeties (depending on Merriweathers play) a starting caliber corner, a starting right tackle and a back-up left tackle That's 4-5 players away from being a complete team top to bottom just about. We have 6 draft picks and will be able to make some moves in free agency I believe. It can get done. As of right now we are just going to have to take our lumps and try to win some shoot-outs.

i just noticed that RG3 doesnt wear the captain C... does anyone know why?

The answer to this is evident in the playcalling. Kyle doesn't trust him yet.

To be honest though, I have no idea who would be more deserving at this stage. RG3 has been a great de facto captain.

Next week will be tough, I'm sure the Bucs are very confident in torching the defense

Someone should point out to Haslett that Jackson guy, I hear he is pretty good...

I could kill in fantasy, just start whatever WR/QB combo is playing the skins

I love your optimism, and I'll feed off of it for a week because mine's starting to wear out. I'm worried no matter how close our team gets to being a contender there always seems to be one catastrophic flaw. Last year it was the offense, this year it's the defense, some games it's the special teams, and when we pull everything together it's the refs.

I'm just tired of watching our DC give offenses huge gains, I'm sick of seeing our ST allow blocks (thankfully we were really solid this game), and I'm tired of seeing our offense struggle here and there (or continuously give up on getting a first down when it's 3rd and long and just go for a couple yards instead of trying whatever it might take). If it weren't for guys like Griffin, Morris, and Fletcher I might have just given up on this game today. I'm not saying I don't love the Skins, I do, but man it's really hard to keep on believing when it feels like there's no reason to. If I didn't love the team, it wouldn't feel this bad every time we're so close and still can't pull it out.

Anyway, thanks for the lift.

The hardest part of building a team is having a starting QB. Once you have a star in that position it is easier to build the rest. This team is now set at that position....we need a couple of years to build the pieces around RG3 both on offense and defense.

I'm with the optimists. RGIII is a winner because he refuses to lose and because he puts in the work. At the end of the first half, I thought that the rest of the game would be a test of our team's guts. Well, RGIII and Alfred Morris decided that they weren't going to give in or give up. These young men lead the team. This team has guts.

Sure, we need a better right tackle and a much better back-up swing tackle. Our great worry is that our young QB will suffer injuries. On the other hand, I can't see him getting gun shy like David Carr or Blaine Gabbert. That's not in him. He's fierce.

On the defensive side, I wouldn't underestimate London Fletcher. He's going to find a way to lead his men back to respectability. The secondary doesn't have the personnel to be very good, but they can be serviceable. Perhaps Merriweather's return will make a big difference. Crawford will get better and better. Jenkins will continue to improve.

I still think we'll win between seven and nine games. In the offseason, maybe we get a starting right tackle and db in free agency. Palumbos and Compton could compete to be the back-up swing tackle. We draft for the same positions. And who knows, Chase Minnifield could be the missing piece.

Today, I saw a team with great young talent that doesn't give up. Sure, there are some holes, but they will close.

If RG3 can play 16 games this year until we have a chance to be competitive at least it'll be fun to watch the offense. Sucks that our top 15 pick 1st rounders will go to the rams for 2 years though.

Also sucks that this is starting to look like a typical Shanahan teams defense. Lets hope that Morris is actually a good defensive coordinator or we'll be watching this for the next 3-4 years.

Archived