Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

still work to be done, but this team has got some fight in it

PatFischer37

This. This is the kind of thread we need to focus on. Anyone with 2 eyes can see our D is struggling. Instead of calling for people's heads over it, lets be happy that we can still watch a competitive game given our deficiency, and enjoy witnessing the rise of a true franchise QB in DC!

the last time I checked, the Bengals were a playoff team last year with a great qb and top flight wr. We lost to a very good team in a shootout and with some help from the refs

THIS is spot on. I know we are all down about the loss and the way is occurred BUT we have been severely shortchanging the Bengals. They are a quality football team with stability and a good coach. I was actually proud of our effort and fight. I've been thinking this exact thought myself. HTTR :helmet:

the last time I checked, the Bengals were a playoff team last year with a great qb and top flight wr. We lost to a very good team in a shootout and with some help from the refs

VERYVERYVERYVERYVERYVERYVERY good point. I have been so mad about the refs I completely ignored this. I don't believe you can say they did better than their score suggests. Maybe we can compete more if the "good" refs were in. IDK I'm trying to be optimistic about our future.

Yeah now that my blood pressure has returned to pre-catastrophic levels I think there are some positives here that we need to focus on. RGIII and Morris, even Hank looked good today. The problems were the ones we already were well aware of this summer.
And the fact that the offense is doing this without Garcon is even more impressive to me. I think he's gonna make many many many big plays when he gets back. RG3 has been as advertised and makes everyone on offense better.

Garcon is not going to solve all of the offense's woes unless he can play tackle. This coaching staff grades no better than the previous staff for the O-line they have put together. And the secondary? Well, has anyone thought that maybe the secondary coach might not be as good as advertised? Our secondary sure played better last year. The players are playing their tails off to keep us in the game. The coaches are questionable with their game plan. We've won one game against a team without a coach. The last two games, we have been out coached.

RG3 has got us into scoring positions on the last drive of both defeats. You have to take positives from that, yesterday was 79 yards from the 2 to their 19. In most cases, that does the job....

We are just seeing wierd endings to games...like endings that happen once every decade...and we get two in two games.

as I initially expressed, those of you, (and perhaps its most likely not someone who would read the title of this thread). who cry like babies (wahhhh) about Snyder, and the Shannys...I was pretty happy with the play calling minus the successive plays of 4 & 1 and then the review of the ball hitting the line. I truly believe this team is on the verge of an explosion. I dont think anyone is really that unhappy anymore with the Kirk Cousins pick in case RG3 goes down

BTW, LOVED the stadium wide RG3 chant.

Archived