Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Android 4.2+ Thread

Sticksboi05

I sure hope you're right, but I don't take Motorola/Verizons word on anything.

It's moreso Verizon than Motorola. There is an ICS leak currently sitting on the Moto staging server. After multiple builds popping up on the testing servers it's fairly safe to say this is the final build awaiting approval from Big Red.

---------- Post added September-20th-2012 at 07:39 PM ----------

Back to Jelly Bean....has anyone tried Google Now?

http://www.google.com/landing/now/

I have tried a few of the alpha ROMs for my Epic Touch 4G. Even with the bugs, it's buttery smooth! Just finally got to try it out properly by getting a Nexus 7 yesterday. So far, I love it. Nice and smooth and lag free with plenty of features. This is probably the first version I think could stand on it's own, without needing a Sense/ Touchwiz/etc. skin.

This is also my first device in a long time that I haven't felt the need to root....and that's saying a lot!

I have tried a few of the alpha ROMs for my Epic Touch 4G. Even with the bugs, it's buttery smooth! Just finally got to try it out properly by getting a Nexus 7 yesterday. So far, I love it. Nice and smooth and lag free with plenty of features. This is probably the first version I think could stand on it's own, without needing a Sense/ Touchwiz/etc. skin.

This is also my first device in a long time that I haven't felt the need to root....and that's saying a lot!

ICS can sbsolutely stand on its own. The overlays weigh Android down.

I have it on my Kindle Fire. It made my KF actually worth using. I've been debating about rooting my SIII to get it.

I have ICS on my Kindle Fire right now. It's nice but kind of buggy.

How smoothly does Jelly Bean run with KF? If you don't mind, could you PM me the website you used to get Jelly Bean?

Thanks.

Will my Sprint Epic(Galaxy S) handle it? Or even 4.0 for tha matter? I'm still on Froyo.

Froyo? You mean Gingerbread, right?

---------- Post added September-21st-2012 at 01:55 PM ----------

No 4G still, right?

Will my Sprint Epic(Galaxy S) handle it? Or even 4.0 for tha matter? I'm still on Froyo.

Check out the XDA developer forums and search for your device. As long as it is properly rooted, there are plenty of ROMs out there for it...even JB ones! Still alpha, but you will get a taste

Froyo? You mean Gingerbread, right?

---------- Post added September-21st-2012 at 01:55 PM ----------

No 4G still, right?

Lol....he may still be stuck on Froyo with the Epic

And most everything is working for the JB ROMs for the Sprint Epic 4G Touch. I tried out this one first:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1810315

But this one is pretty cool too:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1867283

And 4G works just fine! I had the sound issues and Pandora wouldn't work right, so it was a no go for me right now.

Sticks, did you get an ota update? I haven't received anything for my nexus. I think ics is butter though

Check system update. They are rolling it out in waves. You'll need to be on Wi-Fi.

So far it seems really smooth and the voice recognition is solid though I only tested if for the hell of it. It's still a gimmick just like Siri.

Archived