Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Android 4.2+ Thread

Sticksboi05

Look, not trying to sound stupid here but I read through all of the pages. i think of myself of pretty tech saavy, not a genious by any means but a child of the age. i read everyone talking about 'jelly bean". what exactly is it? I looked on the play store and there is a Jelly bean Launcher, should I download that? I have the Samsung Galaxy S3. Thanks alot for any help!

Look, not trying to sound stupid here but I read through all of the pages. i think of myself of pretty tech saavy, not a genious by any means but a child of the age. i read everyone talking about 'jelly bean". what exactly is it? I looked on the play store and there is a Jelly bean Launcher, should I download that? I have the Samsung Galaxy S3. Thanks alot for any help!

Jelly Bean is the operating system.

The Jelly Bean launcher will just give your phone the look of the Jelly Bean OS. And you'll need a Launcher like Tesla, GOEx or something like those for it to work.

Jelly Bean is the operating system.

The Jelly Bean launcher will just give your phone the look of the Jelly Bean OS. And you'll need a Launcher like Tesla, GOEx or something like those for it to work.

And am I right in understanding that it is not available for alaxy S3? is it worth getting when it comes out?

• 1 month later...

I figured I'd put this in here, even though I am asking about a jelly bean phone, but...

I'm really into the Google Now feature, but am wondering how I can make it work even better. I don't understand if I need to add cards to it, or if they will just show up at some point when something happens that warrants one. Also, do I need to sync my google calendar with my outlook (main) calendar or will google now pull from my calendar so long as it my phone syncs with it?

• 1 month later...
Hmmm I've heard some good things about this one so I might give it a go.

I started to go with an iphone but I keep shying away from it for some reason.

Thanks man!

If you're hot on the iPhone go for it. Its easy to use and it works. If you want an advanced phone that does more and gives you more power out of your phone, so that you can take advantage of new technology, pick one of the android phones.

As far as windows phones, I don't have one but some of them are intriguing. Personally, I'd go windows before I bought an iPhone now.

If you're hot on the iPhone go for it. Its easy to use and it works. If you want an advanced phone that does more and gives you more power out of your phone, so that you can take advantage of new technology, pick one of the android phones.

As far as windows phones, I don't have one but some of them are intriguing. Personally, I'd go windows before I bought an iPhone now.

Pretty much exactly what he said. Couldn't have said it better myself.

• 2 months later...
4.1 was Jelly Bean. 4.2 is still Jelly Bean but with more features and refresh.

I was having horrible issues with my GPS with my Galaxy Nexus. None of the "fixes" worked. Got the update this morning, and GPS is fixed and working great. I like it so far, interface is a little different at the lock screen, but not bad.

Archived