Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NY Post: Eagles' McCoy Claims Replacement Ref Said "I Need You for my Fantasy".

terpskins10

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/nflblitz/replacement_ref_told_eagles_mccoy_TD1bjD6yQYCsGscesibdqO

“I’ll be honest, they’re like fans,” McCoy told 94WIP radio in Philadelphia. “One of the refs was talking about his fantasy team, like ‘McCoy, come on, I need you for my fantasy,’ ahhh, what?!”

Hmm...this is really getting absurd if true.

That iggles game has a whole new outlook now. I heard that the refs "stole" a TD from Baltimore? Hmmm...

The game was not officiated well, but the offensive pass interference called against the Ravens was legit (see it in slow motion). I'm shocked the ref had the balls to make the call that way. There were a good four late hits on Vick not called. I'm sure the Eagles got away with an illegal formation once. Looked like Ray Ray was trying to push one of the refs around too. I do remember seeing one of the refs going to the Eagle huddle a few times.

The game was not officiated well, but the offensive pass interference called against the Ravens was legit (see it in slow motion). I'm shocked the ref had the balls to make the call that way. There were a good four late hits on Vick not called. I'm sure the Eagles got away with an illegal formation once. Looked like Ray Ray was trying to push one of the refs around too. I do remember seeing one of the refs going to the Eagle huddle a few times.

I thought it was ticky tacky. Nnamdi and Jacoby Jones were hand fighting, Nnamdi didn't even get his head around on the play. Probably the kind of thing that wouldn't get called with the regular refs, for better or worse.

But when a game is so poorly officiated, every call is going to be quadruple guessed.

I'm not buying this "the game is too fast" garbage the media has been selling. These refs lack professionalism and it show in their obvious lack preparation. Watching the games I came away believing that many of these refs simply didn't know many of the rules. I'm forced to wonder just how these guys were prepared and how they were qualified by the league.

All in all this is a major black eye for the league that erodes the constant excuse of "defending the league image" they use to hammer players. They don't give two ****s about the league image, if they did these bums wouldn't be fouling up games every weekend.

Ref doesn't know much about FF either then. McCoy's #s are going to suffer with 3 linemen out.

---------- Post added September-19th-2012 at 08:42 AM ----------

this is a nonstory, imo

I bet the real refs have said similar in the past too.

But since its replacement refs, we have to make this a bigger deal than it is.

You're probably right. I'm so sick of hearing about the refs, to be honest. It's frustrating to watch, yes, but doesn't deserve the non-stop talk that it's been getting. Between the refs, bounty case and Tebow, that is probably 90% of the non-game coverage.

Players are getting seriously hurt. The NFL makes insane money and pays **** for taxes. Pay the ****ing Refs, they're ****ing important. Goodell is an *******.

I've concluded that if this farce hasn't ended by week four, I'm boycotting the NFL until the real refs return. This is nonsense and I won't give the NFL my time or money if this continues. I love my Redskins, but I can get along just fine without pro football.

I've concluded that if this farce hasn't ended by week four, I'm boycotting the NFL until the real refs return. This is nonsense and I won't give the NFL my time or money if this continues. I love my Redskins, but I can get along just fine without pro football.

I haven't watched a game yet and I feel okay. Seriously though, the NFL makes a **** ton of money. Goodell is sitting on Scrooge McDuck money and won't pay the ****ing Refs? He should be looking to make these guys full timers, not run them out.

I heard these guys are college refs. Are the college games suffering too?

They're Div II and Div III college referees. Most Div I college referees weren't going to quit ref'ing the "B" league for temporary positions in the "A" league, especially because I would think the union would hold that against them in future hiring actions.

Although I am sick of hearing about the refs, I hadn't really understood what the reasoning was for the lockout. Essentially, as I understand it anyway, the NFL sees that the rest of corporate America is doing away with defined pension plans and has decided they want to do away with the referee's pension plan as well. Why? Good question, but IMO, because they can. The cost to the NFL would be approximately $10million (about .01% of $9B of NFL revenue).

The NFL has said a referee can earn up to $200,000 a year (by 2018), which is no small chunk of change. I would imagine that is for the head referee that refs preseason, all of regular season and playoffs/SB. Average pay is between $4-8K per game. Roger Goodell makes a point in article below that he doesn't get a defined pension plan. Also forgot to say he took a PAY CUT a couple of years ago and STILL made $11million salary, over 55x greater than max referee salary almost a decade later.

Given that the referee union is willing to grandfather current referees and move to 401K plan for new refs, I'd have to say I lean heavily in the direction of NFLRA over Goodell & Aiello. Unfortunately the NFL normally defeats the little guy(s).

PF

Archived