Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Week 2, official gameday thread!

pjfootballer

Sort of pulling for the Bears. I still have a soft spot for Cutler, but mainly it's because I have Cutler starting in 3 leagues. So yeah, I need him to light it up. I firmly believe that the Bears are contenders for the SB this year if they stay healthy. Cutler's good, Forte's good, Bush can power it in, they have WRs now, and their defense is good. On paper they are a complete team, minus the Oline a little bit.

Also, if GB somehow starts 0-2 that's going to be a rude freakin' awakening for them.

I think this will either be a shootout or a blowout in favor of Da Bears. I think the Bears have the edge on defense, and special teams, and are more balanced on offense. People can talk about passing leagues all they want, but you have to make an effort to be more balanced. That's how they won the SB, and that's what they need to do this season to get back. I think right now, the combination of Jeffery/Marshall, along with Forte, is just too much, at least for right now. Too much size for them to deal with. Pack start 0-2.

Edit, not having Greg Jennings will hurt them as well

Green Bay needs to start running the ball more. They cannot expect Rodgers to throw up 400 yards and 4 TDs every week, When they won the SB, they had a good running game.

Yeah, the "Pass! Pass! Pass!" stuff is a bit overblown if you ask me. Not many people remember that the Packers were running the hell out of guys like James Starks on that postseason run awhile back. People confuse the Saints as well, and forget that they have been one of the top rushing teams in the NFL over the last few years. The teams that really do pass like hell are teams like Philly, Detroit, etc. Philly has never won a SB with that philosophy, and Stafford is eventually going to get his head caved in. Even New England is starting to evolve from the spread formations that they were using from '07 until recently, and are trying to run the ball more, and use the two TE sets. The key is, and has always been, balance. Last years SB was sort of an anomaly in that regard.

You at least have to attempt to run, to keep defenses honest and keep them from teeing off on your QB. It also helps you in regard to TOP, and keeps your defense off the field. It really is incredible how teams can do stuff like this without a running game, and be successful, but eventually it comes back to bite you.

I think Rachel Nichols is a freak

When she looks her best, I prefer her to Erin Andrews (I feel like Andrews is a generic hot blonde, and I like redheads more than generic hot blondes). Problem is, she sometimes looks...off. I don't know if the make-up department screws up or what, but there are some days she does not look great, while Andrews pretty much looks great all the time.

I used to like NFL Network back when it was just a few guys like Rich, Rod Woodson, Lincoln Kennedy, TD and a few others, and it had more of a laid back/Inside The NFL feel to it, with a side of humor. Basically its first few years. I think around the time that they got the Thursday games, they got too big, and it seemed like they were trying too hard to be loud and obnoxious like some of the ESPN guys. I really can't watch too much NFLN these days without getting a headache.

Plus, that Siciliano cat could probably pick up a signal from Mars with those gi-normous ears. I probably wouldn't even be able to talk to him in person without staring at his ears. I can't imagine how badlyhe got picked on because of that.

Goddamn Sanders is being annoying and loud. And what is with these *******s who keep calling him "prime?" His name is either Deion or Prime Time. There is only one Prime and he is a giant metallic sentient being and much more of a hero than jerkface Deion.

Um...his name isn't Prime.

It's Optimus.

Goddamn Sanders is being annoying and loud. And what is with these *******s who keep calling him "prime?" His name is either Deion or Prime Time. There is only one Prime and he is a giant metallic sentient being and much more of a hero than jerkface Deion.

Um...his name isn't Prime.

It's Optimus.

Archived