Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Week 2, official gameday thread!

pjfootballer

You don't win with a QB like Cutler. His team was down 10 and all he could do was pout and whine at his line and receivers. Not saying he didn't have a legitimate gripe, but the QB has to inspire some confidence, especially when the game is perfectly within reach.

Glad that trade never came to fruition.

I wonder if the replacement refs know about the goaltending FG penalty. I certainly didn't. From another forum:

NFL Rules: Rule 12, section 3, article 1(s):

GOAL TENDING

(s) Goal-tending by a defensive player leaping up to deflect a kick as it passes above the crossbar of a goalpost is prohibited. The Referee could award three points for a palpably unfair act (12-3-3).

See also: http://www.recordnet.com/apps/pbcs.d...35/-1/A_SPORTS

"[R.C.] Owens played for the 49ers from 1957-61, the Baltimore Colts from 1962-63 and the New York Giants in 1964. He was nicknamed "Alley Oop" because he used his 6-foot-3 frame and extraordinary leaping ability to catch Tittle's lob passes.

Owens also is the only player in NFL history to block a field goal at the crossbar. The NFL implemented its own version of the goaltending rule soon after Owens batted away a long try by Washington Redskins kicker Bob Khayat in 1962."

You don't win with a QB like Cutler. His team was down 10 and all he could do was pout and whine at his line and receivers. Not saying he didn't have a legitimate gripe, but the QB has to inspire some confidence, especially when the game is perfectly within reach.

Cutler has the passing ability but I think it's fair to say he's a flawed character. He was practically throwing a tantrum out there. It will be interesting to see how his teammates respond in future weeks. Good game by the Packers defense, I didn't think they had it in them.

On NFL live Mark Schlereth said that if his QB had shoved him like Cutler did Webb there would have been a fight. Jason Taylor didn't say fight specifically but did say he was surprised Webb let it go so readily. I think Cutler is damn lucky he didn't get knocked on his ass by his own lineman that would have been well within his rights to do so.

What were the bears coaches doing? It was clear that the left side of the line was crumbling and they didn't adjust to it. Instead of having backs or TEs chip they went empty backfield and put blockers on islands. Cutler held the ball too long and receivers weren't exactly helping either... But it's inexcusable to see your guys getting out matched and setting them up for greater struggles.

Um...his name isn't Prime.

It's Optimus.

Watch the shows and movies. He's called Prime too. Prime is his title but it's also his name. What I'm saying is, no one ever referred to anybody as "Prime" except Optimus (or his predecessors.) By shortening "Prime Time"(obnoxious enough) to Prime, they're committing a sort of sacrilege.

I played basketball with a guy with Cutler's attitude. It freaking SUCKS. Then Cutler goes and pats Marshall on the head and laughs about his dropped pass. Playing favorites and friends. Weak crap from a "franchise player". So damn glad we didn't get him. Don't mind his physical attributes, think he's slighty overrated, but man his mental game is all whacked out. He's a punk.

Do any of you remember when there was a movement on ES to trade for Jay Cutler when he wanted out of Denver??? LoL so glad we didn't listen to some of these so called ES talent evalutors! Cutler has been and still is Rex Grossman with a better arm. F' it I'm throwing to Marshall!

Do any of you remember when there was a movement on ES to trade for Jay Cutler when he wanted out of Denver??? LoL so glad we didn't listen to some of these so called ES talent evalutors! Cutler has been and still is Rex Grossman with a better arm. F' it I'm throwing to Marshall!

Ya know, the Bears were pretty good with Cutler last year. I thin you have to look at what was available. Who the HELL knew we could get a guy like Luck or Griffin at that time? We'd have been better with Cutler than without him but obviously you don't know where fate is taking you, you have to think about the next 1-3 years not fantasize about a generational prospect.

I'm hoping Jason Campbell eventually starts for them.

:puke: I feel bad for the Bears if that happens. But he would be better than Cutler. His attitude is terrible. Even if they were losing 30 - 0 the QB is supposed to be a leader and until the clock says 0:00 your team has a shot and the last thing he should want to do is piss off the guys who block for you. Maybe they let him killed last night on purpose.

Archived