Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Week 2, official gameday thread!

pjfootballer

Boy...if the bears do get a win here, that division is off to an interesting start...

Yup. It'll be even more interesting if the Lions get a W as well. I already have two teams coming out of the NFC North. The Pack would already have some serious ground to make up if they get to 0-2, especially with 2 straight home losses

Wow, do the Bears really have zero total yards...and the game is still zero all? I don't know what it is, but the Pack looks bad so far this season. I don't think Rodgers does a good job of handling losses, I think he gets butt hurt instead of moving on.

They keep showing the Akers kick that barely made it over the crossbar and that got me to thinking. We see TEs and WRs dunk footballs over the goal post all the time. Has a player ever blocked a field goal that close to not making it over the crossbar? Would it be legal?

They keep showing the Akers kick that barely made it over the crossbar and that got me to thinking. We see TEs and WRs dunk footballs over the goal post all the time. Has a player ever blocked a field goal that close to not making it over the crossbar? Would it be legal?

IIRC it would be an unsportsman like conduct penalty or something like that.

IIRC it would be an unsportsman like conduct penalty or something like that.

I am 99.7% positive you can indeed block kicks like that. I saw it live and haven't seen a replay since, but IIRC on the Akers kick they had someone back there and he did indeed jump up, just mistimed it. Anyone got a link to a replay (that I can easily watch on the phone)?

I am 99.7% positive you can indeed block kicks like that. I saw it live and haven't seen a replay since, but IIRC on the Akers kick they had someone back there and he did indeed jump up, just mistimed it. Anyone got a link to a replay (that I can easily watch on the phone)?

He jumped up to try and catch it/block it/whatever, but he would've been penalized. It's kind of like goaltending. When the ball is headed downward and you attempt to "Block" it, you'll get flagged. They were talking with Mike Pereira right after it happened.

Archived