Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SOW: Don't Call It A Trap Game

E-Dog Night

KB is on the KB. :)

Residuals from the full moon mushroom party on Tortola a week or so ago maybe, but it's not the KB.

I just really like this football team. I had no doubt we'd beat the Saints, how do you think I feel about the stupid Rams? I'm high on life and koolaid my man and that's it. And a little rum. Mostly. HTTR!!!

Always worried about games like these. Coming off of a big win, with high expectations only to be let down. We have seen this before. Only can hope that we continue what we started in NO. Will not feel comfortable until we see several games with our new team. As always though HTTR!

Seriously, why are we talking about being so concerned about the Rams? Could we lose? Sure, of course we could.

We beat the Saints 2 days ago. The Saints! There is a team who concerned me. There is a lot who do. The Rams? Pretty low on my to be afraid list.

Good teams beat the teams they are suppose to. We are a good team now. Get use to it people.

We are going to smoke the Rams. Our first major blow out in years.

We don't lose to teams like the Rams anymore.

We can't call this a trap game because we're not a proven commodity. We could realistically lose this game because we were an inconsistent 5-11 just last season and our team has really proven nothing. We barely staved off the Saints after an entire offseason of gameplanning and training RGIII to attack their D. I'd really love to buy into the hype, but I would rather be pleasantly surprised by a good showing on Sunday than immensely disappointed by a loss. This is year 3 of a 5 year rebuild and I think we need to temper our expectations. That said, we match up well against the Rams, especially since they can't exploit our weakness (the secondary) and their strength (their secondary) can be neutralized by having a mobile QB and a strong run game. We'll see how it plays out though... Our special teams are an odd liabilty at times.

This Trap Game, This Trap Game. I ain't selling my soul for this trap game. And I ain't diggin no hole for this trap game. Man, I'm telling you, no it ain't happening.

LOL! I think I'm the only one that Knows what you talking about. 8 Mile, Slim Shadey , D12, 50cent. Classic!!!!!

I'll never understand why fans get so hung up on the mentality of the FANBASE. Who cares if the fans look ahead or take the Rams lightly? Who cares if the fans start dreaming about division titles after one win? It does not matter if the fans are brash and ****y or even unrealistic.

Life is too short to go around constantly tempering your expectations.

You know what? We looked darn good Sunday. And the big difference between last week and week one last year (besides being on the road) is that last week seemed sustainable. Last year, I was happy we played well against the Giants, but in no way, shape, or form did I believe Grossman to Gaffney was going to toast teams all year. Now, RG3 to Garçon/Robinson.... That has a chance to be consistently deadly.

I have a two TV set up and Sundays and Rams-Lions was on the adjacent screen.... The Rams did not look very good. They looked tougher and smarter, which you'd expect under Fisher, but they took almost no advantage of all of those Stafford picks. The Lions offense was putrid for much of that game and the Rams could not pull away. STL is not a very talented team.

I give us a talent edge at almost every unit (maybe secondary slight edge to Rams).

I'll say it... We SHOULD win Sunday... We are better than the Rams.

I was at the 2008 game.... The game where Zorn turned back into a pumpkin. It was awful. And yes, we should have won that day as well. But in the end, the Redskins in 2008 were an old and under talented team. Absolutely no upside or ability to sustain success or overcome mistakes. The minute Kendall fumbled that ball our season was over--- never looked good again after that.

I will be very disappointed if at any point this year we start looking incompetent like we did in 2008. I think we are too talented for that now.

Could we lose any game we play? Of course. The NFL is generally a weekly dogfight.. Look what we did to the Giants and Pats last year. And if we make too many mistakes on Sunday or don't come to play we could very well lose.

But I have confidence in this bunch. If the both teams play well, we win. If we play well and they play poorly, we will destroy them. If we play poorly and they play well, I still think we'd have a shot to escape with an ugly W. If we play horribly and they are good then we will lose. But the odds are in our favor here because we have significantly better players and an established coaching staff.

I am not afraid to say it or proclaim my confidence this week.

It's only a trap game for the fans. The coaching staff and players know that there are no easy games.

How is it we play the Rams EVERY year though? Looking back, we've played them every year since 2008 and 7-out-of-8 times since 2005. I thought the schedule was supposed to rotate every year.

It's only a trap game for the fans. The coaching staff and players know that there are no easy games.

How is it we play the Rams EVERY year though? Looking back, we've played them every year since 2008 and 7-out-of-8 times since 2005. I thought the schedule was supposed to rotate every year.

Two teams that continue to finish in 4th place every year and then we rotate amongst the other 3 NFC divisions every 3 years.

Archived