Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SOW: Don't Call It A Trap Game

E-Dog Night

Concerns about the Rams game (even what should be unrelated hisorty of recent seasons) are valid enough. But the more I watch the film , the more confidence I feel in this time being different, both against the rams specifically and past feelings of team "let-downs" in general. I think RG III is going to be everything we thought, early though it is to say such a thing. The stuff I see just looks too much to be "him" (excellent decision making, quick reactions, and multiple skills) and not just "him in this moment and circumstance."

And the team effort, competency, and playcalling on both sides of the ball doesn't just seem "emotionally charged" at some times and then clueless at other times. It all seems to be a decidedly improved in focus, consistency, effectiveness, and steadiness with all D/O units. Even within just a single game, I haven't seen all that, to the degree it appeared in the Saints game, in many years. Outside of the ST blocked punt, it was really a different 'skins team.

This Sunday, I fully expect it to continue. In now way to I suggest we are going to maintain that level of success against the best teams throughout the year. That is theoretically possible, but way less than likely. Nor do I see a reason yet to change my "hopeful" prediction of a 8-8 record to 10-12 wins. I just foresee a serious reduction in past inconsistencies, let-downs, and wtfs.

• 3 months later...

Archived