Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gameday Injury Updates (merged--MET)

KevinthePRF

Of course it'd be a big blow. He's the defensive leader, how would it not be a big blow? He starts for a reason, and him being out not only makes his position weaker, but the positions around him weaker as well.

London Fletcher's ability to heal and fight through pain is superhuman. He's Wolverine in a Redskins uniform.

I love Fletch but his numbers this year are not good and he's not playing up to his previous standards. Father Time is undefeated. Wouldn't kill us if we had another young hungry guy out there for one game. We need speed at LB today.

It's always hard to tell with a guy who never misses a game and who obviously plays through injuries others wouldn't. Everyone assumed his time to drop off would be last year, and then the guy leads the league in tackles.

The tackle stat is one that can be misleading - we can't get off the field on defense and so that tackle count is going to be be high. No question though Fletch is still a key player for us and I'm happy it looks like he will play - its just I have seen signs of him slowing down a touch this year.

The tackle stat is one that can be misleading - we can't get off the field on defense and so that tackle count is going to be be high. No question though Fletch is still a key player for us and I'm happy it looks like he will play - its just I have seen signs of him slowing down a touch this year.

And that'll have to be something we address this offseason because you'd have to think next year won't be better. Life without Fletch will be here before we know it. Probably after next season there needs to be somebody ready to take the reins.

Um, he's #23 in the league in punting average, and he has the 3rd most amount of returned punts in the league cause he doesn't get enough hangtime. If that's "great" for you guys, then not sure what to tell you. We could do better than a 38 year old retread. Not to mention that opposing punters are averaging over 50 yards/punt again us because since we never try to block a punt/kick, opposing kickers have all day to punt and make FGs (haven't missed against us yet this year). We're losing that field position/special teams battle.

Yup, this guy blows.

Tarik El-Bashir‏@TarikCSN

#Redskins S Brandon Meriweather aims to play vs. Carolina: http://www.csnwashington.com/football-washington-redskins/talk/meriweather-aims-play-vs-carolina … #RedskinsTalk

Man, I'm not a doctor and I hate it when people say try to be...but does anybody else think he should just sit this one out and rest over the bye?

Tarik El-Bashir‏@TarikCSN

#Redskins S Brandon Meriweather aims to play vs. Carolina: http://www.csnwashington.com/football-washington-redskins/talk/meriweather-aims-play-vs-carolina … #RedskinsTalk

Man, I'm not a doctor and I hate it when people say try to be...but does anybody else think he should just sit this one out and rest on the bye?

If he can play he should since we need to win this game to even be relevant after the bye week.

hell no...he hasn't had game experience in about 2 months. He needs to play if he is healthy. In fact, I remember hearing that he could have played the week after that collision but they decided to rest him so NO MORE REST. GET THAT ASS ON THE FIELD lol

Where'd you hear that? Just curious. That injury looked pretty bad when it happened.

Just posted the same in another thread. So frustrating. Get well, Pierre. We need your playmaking, the brief glimpse we got to see is encouraging, but merely a tease at this point.

I have no idea if this is even close to the same injury, but this Pierre injury feels EXACTLY like the Kyrie Irving injury when he was at Duke a few years ago.

- Starts off the season phenomenally

- Strangely hurts his foot, but keeps playing through rest of game

- Sits out, for what everyone thinks is just a few games

- Injury keeps lingering

If the story continues to unfold this way, Pierre will be back at the very end of the season to disrupt any chemistry the team has built to this point.

So do we go into next season thinking Merriweather's going to be the starter or do we scrap that experiement?

I think free safety is an integral part of this defense, and we are either going to have to look for one in the draft, or find one in free agency. I would like to see him retained for depth, though.

Archived