Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day thread, Shred the Colts, Bob vs. Andy pt. 1

E-Dog Night

Couldn't agree more. It amazes me how many people want Banks gone. The guy makes plays. Period. Why cut him for a 6th wideout who will never see the field?

It's not that we "want Banks gone" per se. It's that we want a player who will does more than just return kicks and punts. Jordan Crawford can return punts AND play corner. Moss can return AND play receiver. Banks JUST returns. Or rather, if that's all he shows he can do (so far, that's all he's shown), he's not going to stick around.

Methinks Banks is becoming the new Colt Brennan:

All he does is make plays
If he would only get reps with the 1's we would all see how good he can be

And so on and so forth.

KDawg-

o I'm curious how our OL handles their assignemnts at the point of attack.

Over the preseason games I get the feeling that the OL seemed in such a hurry to get to the second level that they left their POA double team too early to attempt to get to the second level and the play often ended up getting stuffed at the LOS.

-Did you watch Willie Smith against the Bears? If so what did you think of him?

I thought he looked good at RT, better then Polumbus imho.

o I like Morris too, reminds me of a mini-Michael Turner.

I didn't get to see the game in its entirety like I realy wanted to, so I didn't get a good look at Smith. I'll be sure to look for him today.

I didn't get to see the game in its entirety like I realy wanted to, so I didn't get a good look at Smith. I'll be sure to look for him today.
Dang.

I wanted an opinion from a second set of eyes that I trust.

Anyways keep up the good work.

---------- Post added August-25th-2012 at 02:08 PM ----------

Does it feel like a preseason game out there?

I'd like to see something more than the extreme bland vanilla we've seen to date. I watched the Colts last game. They clearly had a full game plan for the Steelers. They tipped their hand as to what their offense will look like. Expect to see a lot motion w/ Wayne. I'd like to see Davis do something. THT show he'd healthy and can be effective in the run game. I want to see some one step up at RT. Like everyone else some kind of cohesion on the OL. I'm curious as to how the D.Hall safety experiment works out. Is Orakpo playing today? Who's starting at RT and how long do we stick w/ Polumbus if he starts and gets owned? Is Chester starting? Can Hurt show us some toughness and aggression at LG? Will Shanny give RGIII the green light to let the rock fly? Will we see the new offensive toys get some run w/ Griff? Yeah I know its preseason but we know practically nothing about what our offense is trying to do or wants to do.

Hoping both kickers get opportunity's today. Even more so if it's raining.

This 'competition' has yet to get off the ground this pre-season.

Hail.

It looks like bad weather (that sucks), so we might get a delay since it's preseason. Nevertheless, I'd also like to see both kickers get their opportunity to kick a couple of times.

Rich Tandler ‏@Rich_Tandler

Alfred Morris to start at RB for the #Redskins

Grant Paulsen Grant Paulsen ‏@granthpaulsen

The rain is coming down hard at FedEx Field right now.

---------- Post added August-25th-2012 at 11:39 AM ----------

No other notable lineup changes on offense. Hank for Moss (Moss should play), Hurt for 'Steiger, Polumbus for Brown (who?) and 47 for 36

Grant Paulsen Grant Paulsen ‏@granthpaulsen

#Redskins uniform update: White jerseys with burgundy letters and numbers, gold trim, and gold pants.

---------- Post added August-25th-2012 at 11:40 AM ----------

Defensive changes for #Redkins injury related. Rob Jackson for Rak, Tanard Jackson for Meriweather.

Forget about the running game, we need Robert to get reps throwing the ball, he is the only Rookie Qb who has been handcuffed by the play calling and if he doesn't get at least 20 attempts I will think this coaching staff is either stupid or hiding something.

John Keim ‏@john_keim

Want to see better pocket presence from RG3 today. But I don't expect the #Redskins to run anything close 2 what they'll do in 2 weeks

Chris Chester will start for the #Redskins after missing last week's game with an ankle injury.

John Keim ‏@john_keim

Do want to see better cohesion among the OL, especially on cut blocks. Too many guys on the ground early, lead to others tripping.

Archived