Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day thread, Shred the Colts, Bob vs. Andy pt. 1

E-Dog Night

If this was the other way around, you'd freak out if it wasn't a flag. That is what I hate.

I wasn't attacking another member, but it was a good call. Whether we want to talk **** about the refs or not.

(1) Forcibly hitting the defenseless player’s head or neck area with the helmet, facemask, forearm, or shoulder, regardless of whether the defensive player also uses his arms to tackle the defenseless player by encircling or grasping him; and

(2) Lowering the head and making forcible contact with the top/crown or forehead/”hairline” parts of the helmet against any part of the defenseless player’s body.”

Notice the part I bolded for you.

No, he wouldn't be freaking out if there wasn't a flag (neither would a majority of the board here)

Every tackle should be called for helmet to helmet based on what you just wrote.

No, he wouldn't be freaking out if there wasn't a flag (neither would a majority of the board here)

Every tackle should be called for helmet to helmet based on what you just wrote.

What I just wrote was the rules, not my own personal idea.

I don't like the new rules more than anyone else, but calling the refs out on that as a horrible call is wrong. At best it is a 50/50 call to throw the flag

EDIT: Also, this is only during the time the reciever is "defenseless". Not all plays, but before he makes a football move after the catch.

If this was the other way around, you'd freak out if it wasn't a flag. That is what I hate.

I wasn't attacking another member, but it was a good call. Whether we want to talk **** about the refs or not.

(1) Forcibly hitting the defenseless player’s head or neck area with the helmet, facemask, forearm, or shoulder, regardless of whether the defensive player also uses his arms to tackle the defenseless player by encircling or grasping him; and

(2) Lowering the head and making forcible contact with the top/crown or forehead/”hairline” parts of the helmet against any part of the defenseless player’s body.”

Notice the part I bolded for you.

1) No, I wouldn't. Even in this game I said that the personal foul call against the Colts for the hit on Grossman was bull****. So, no.

2) It was a bad call, and you went off about him being too much of a homer to see the reality of the situation.

3) Yeah, thanks for the bolded part, and I do appreciate the research. However, he wasn't trying to grasp or encircle him, he was going for the forearms to push (a la Landry on Plaxico in 2007). Oh, and it says *AND* lowering his head to make forcible contact. That didn't happen.

Are they doing those deep passes in practice? If not you can't expect him to hit them now. Do it more often and it'll get more routine.

Actually if I am not mistaken I thought there were reports that they weren't really letting him throw deep in practice and were working on all the intermediate to deep and sideline stuff all this time. Could be wrong tho...

Archived