Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SOW: The World Is Not Ending

E-Dog Night

:

What sticks out to me is that I've already seen TWO "RGIII isn't worth it/sucks" posts off of about 6 series from him...Un-freaking-real

2 Preseason games, 1 good 1 bad. That's it for him. He's done. Skip Bayless said it best, White Redskin fans are rooting for Cousins to play and RG III to fail

:ols:

What some of these posts/threads have shown me, is that some cats are just content with being miserable, no matter what. It's sad. I mean I'm all for well thought out/legit criticism, but when people post crap like some of what we've been seeing, this preseason, in year one of Shanahan/Griffin, you really start to wonder why they bother with being fans in the first place.

And I don't mean that in a "Give me you're freaking Fan Card!!!!!!" kind of way, but seriously, why bother when you aren't patient, and aren't capable of grasping the concept of you go building a winning organization... Not just a Wild Card here or there, but sustained winning. That **** isn't like making Insta-Rice. And who knows how better off we could've been, had we not gotten shafted by Mara/Goodell.

Oh right I forgot...

Excuse me, I must make my RGIII Black Power sig lol

DOWN WITH COUSINS AND ALL WHITES LOL

Unfortunately for us, RG is going to be under the most scrutiny of any rookie probably ever. Every good game, every bad game will be under the microscope. It's quite unfair but whatever. There's nothing we can do

Damn. That's two posts of yours I've read tonight that just leaves me wondering what all is going on in there...

What can I say, people like me. I will likely stop posting for a bit clearly I am a bit negative on my Skins.

---------- Post added August-21st-2012 at 07:58 AM ----------

Damn. That's two posts of yours I've read tonight that just leaves me wondering what all is going on in there...

What can I say, people like me. I will likely stop posting for a bit clearly I am a bit negative on my Skins.

Here's some simple math:

Expecting to suck = MISERY for a fan

Actually sucking = MISERY for a fan

-------------------------------------------------------------

MISERY + MISERY = MORE MISERY

Actually winning/progressing = JOY for a fan

MISERY + JOY = MIXTURE OF LIMITED MISERY/JOY

Expecting us to win/progress = JOY for a fan

Actually sucking and being disappointed = MISERY for a fan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JOY + MISERY = MIXTURE OF LIMITED JOY/MISERY

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JOY + JOY = A LOT OF JOY

Now, what's the healthier option and WHY in the world would I take your advice, again? ;)

You forgot.....

Happy + Happy + Joy + Joy = Ren & Stimpy

:D

The sacks has more to do with Mike Martz's scheme than anything else. Watch, you will not see the same issues this year. Not even close.

The greatest return man in NFL history is Cutler's #2.

Martz most definitely made a weakness that much worse with his scheme but that line is still a problem area just as much as our is.

A great return man does not equal a great or even competent receiver. Chicago has even been discussing using him less on offense. Outside of a few big plays he is just a guy on offense. Knox would have been a very good #2 for Marshall but he is still out with a back injury.

That 1st quarter was a snapshot of the upcoming season. I am still waiting for RG3 to have wings giving him the ability to fly into the air. That'll be the only thing that could support drafting him. Nothing on the oline was addressed, I feel bad for the guy. It'll be ugly to watch the giants and eagles front vs our oline. But hey, I am just being optimistic.

Here, shots on me, now snap out of it and be a fan. If you don't like RGIII, I think it is time to move on.

43c7.jpg

---------- Post added August-21st-2012 at 08:40 AM ----------

You can say that again, oh wait you did. Man get a hold of yourself. It takes mettle to be a Redskins fan. (Mettle - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/mettleDefinition of METTLE. 1. a : vigor and strength of spirit or temperament b : staying quality : stamina <equipment that proved its mettle>. 2. : quality of temperament ...

Mettle Blog)

Except, "expecting us to suck" is not happiness in and of itself. Basically, you're telling us to be miserable from the start and then be miserable while we do suck if it happens. :doh:

Unless you're a weirdo who enjoys expecting us to suck, lol. :pfft:

No, I'd rather have hope and enjoy the optimism that we could turn things around now until there is no doubt that we're failing to do so, then I'll allow myself to be disappointed. And if we do, I get to be happy the entire time.

Here's some simple math:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JOY + JOY = A LOT OF JOY

Now, what's the healthier option and WHY in the world would I take your advice, again? ;)

Bravo! That is an excellent way of putting it. Never understood the fan who can't get excited about their team. When will they ever be happy if the team is never good. Sports shouldn't make you depressed.

Preseason is for preparing to play the season. The Bears preseason game was a terrific game for getting prepared for the season. Coaches and players have a wealth of film from which to critique and learn from. When we play the next game coaches will see if players make the same mistake or did they learn and get better. For most players technique and determination is what brings success and the preseason game against the Bears was a much better game than the Bills game from which to learn. The Bears lost their first preseason game 31-3; and I suspect that they learned a lot from that game and it showed in their performance against us. I hope to see a much better performance next week from our team because I think we will play with more focus, improved technique, and greater determination because I expect our players will have learned a lot from their performance in the Bears game. This is what the coaches will be looking for and evaluating in the upcoming game.

Preseason is not the time for fans to get hyped about winning or even great plays nor to get upset (the sky is falling) about loosing or even bad plays. When the season play starts is the time when we fans will have our hopes kept alive or be crushed.

The play selection was questionable at times- one instance which infuriated me a great deal was the 3rd and 10 at around the 20 yard line. We're practically in the red zone, we've got this young QB who needs to learn from game situations. We've got a 3rd and 10 and it's about 20 yards to the end zone. Sure the Bears will be expecting a pass but sometimes we're going to have to throw the ball when the other team is expecting us to (duh). I couldn't believe my eyes when we ran another ****ing 3rd down draw and got nowhere. I hated that play call. Some may say the coaches didn't want Robert to get killed, but we had moved the ball that drive, we were getting something together, Griffin had completed some passes. Give the guy a few options, send Cooley, Davis, or Paul up the seam, see if we can go for 7. At the worst we turn the ball over, yes, but that is a learning experience in the pre-season. This is where you take those chances and get a rookie in those situations. Would we rather have it that he's doing these things for the first time in week 1 against New Orleans??? Why do we have such a lack of guts? The kid is playing the game to throw the ball. It's 3rd and long from the 20 and we're down by 17. Why are we playing for the field goal??? I'd love to know if that was Mike or Kyle.

Agree whole heartedly with this. Pissed me off to go conservative in a preseason game. The kid needs the reps in those situations.

I hope to see a much better performance next week from our team because I think we will play with more focus, improved technique, and greater determination because I expect our players will have learned a lot from their performance in the Bears game.
Well said bro.

I want to see our 1st unit offense look much sharper.

I hear you.

I have questions about the gameplan/playcalling too.

But, personally I would like to see Griffin in the straight dropback rhythm passing game more and get more passing attempts in general.

I'm with you 100% on those 3rd and long play calls.

Call a play that works against that Cover-2 and let Griffin read it out and let it fly.

Didn't want to quote it all, but great assessment. 100% spot on.

---------- Post added August-21st-2012 at 11:44 AM ----------

1.) The playcalling. Shut up about the ****ing playcalling. At the end of the day the complaints about the play calling have nothing to actually do with the play calling, and everything to do with wanting to see what the offense looks like in a game where everything is made up and the points don't matter.

I'm not saying we should show our playbook to the world, but what's wrong with letting him drop back 7 steps and see if he can get a first down instead of a draw play? BTW, I'm not concerned with the score of preseason, more that I think Griffin should be exposed to more situations. I understand preseaon should be vanilla, but I think we're a little TOO vanilla. I'm not panicking. I liked the little bootleg pass out to Hankerson. That should be a staple in our offense for years to come. I just would have liked to see them build his game experience on the Buffalo game. I hope they come up with a little more this week.

---------- Post added August-21st-2012 at 11:49 AM ----------

Was that one of the worst games you have seen the 'skins play or what? 1st quarter looked worse than when coach Zorn was here! I still say it will be a few years yet. That is if they get smart and draft some young ol and dl too! Maybe get rid of the defense coach all together. I don't know whats going on but, not much to be proud of with this team anymore. When Gibbs 2 was here at least they still had a decent defense. Now thats gone.

If you are happy with 2 wild card exits, you need help. Gibbs 2 sucked. Sorry, it did. As a person who saw Gibbs 1, Gibbs himself was not satisfied with his second stint. We expected SBs the first time around and anything less was unacceptable.

Take a deep breath, put your Monday Morning Quarterback hat on the Coat-Rak-Po, and realize that the Mayans never said anything about the Redskins in 2012
:ols:

I'm glad someone caught that. I used Coat-Rak-Po in a sentence, which makes me proud.

So you consider drafting three offensive lineman in this draft, drafting Trent Williams in 2010, signing Chris Chester, Willie Smith, Tylor Polumbus, Mo Hurt doing nothing?

Thank you. Between talking to people at work and elsewhere, and reading knee-jerk posts on this board (why do I torture myself), there are more misconceptions about the offensive line than at any other position.

There are apparently some facts of which many people seem to be unaware, including (but not limited to):

• You can't draft offensive linemen with every pick
  • Like every NFL team, the Redskins have depth needs at multiple positions
  • Yes, offensive line is important, but so are other positions
  • Nearly one-fifth of the players drafted since Shanahan became coach have been offensive linemen
  • Drafting an o-lineman in the 4th round this year instead of Kirk Cousins would not have magically made all the o-line problems go away

At some point, it helps to realize that some people aren't happy unless they have something to ***** about.

The problem is that on a message board, rational, well-informed fans have to share the same space with those who have formed opinions at the lonely end of a bar, or some similar circumstance. There's no "informed poster" star. People say "I'm entitled to my opinion", but some opinions are formed in 1.47 seconds with no actual information, while others are formed over time by experience and looking in to facts.

And what's most unfortunate is the 1.47 second crowd seems to be uninterested in (a) having a dialogue (B) being open to changing their opinion © backing up their opinions with reason and logic.

At some point, it helps to realize that some people aren't happy unless they have something to ***** about.

The problem is that on a message board, rational, well-informed fans have to share the same space with those who have formed opinions at the lonely end of a bar, or some similar circumstance. There's no "informed poster" star. People say "I'm entitled to my opinion", but some opinions are formed in 1.47 seconds with no actual information, while others are formed over time by experience and looking in to facts.

And what's most unfortunate is the 1.47 second crowd seems to be uninterested in (a) having a dialogue (B) being open to changing their opinion © backing up their opinions with reason and logic.

Amen, brotha. Ultimately that's what it boils down to.

Let us not forget that the Bears were totally embarrassed in the first week's game against Denver. They were out to prove something this time. The sky isn't falling for me. I expected RG3 to have a rough going of it in this game and make mistakes. I'm glad he was under pressure since it will better prepare him for the season. I also expect him to make mistakes throughout the year. It was a tough 15 minutes to be sure, but it's not the end of the world.

I agree. Kinda. Just seems to me no matter the team, no matter preseason or regular, they are determined to beat us and make us look ridiculous while doing it. All the time. But okay its just preseason. I suppose.

Wow. The negativity on ES never ceases to amaze me.

RGIII not worth it? After maybe one half of PREseason football? Ridiculous.

To me RGIII has looked just as I expected. Like a rookie. But a promising one at that. Our oline is a whole nother issue.

Let's see how he does for 3 quarters against the Colts before annointing Cousins the better QB. Even then its still too early to make any concrete judgement. But personally, god forbid he comes out and stinks up the joint. The crazies will be out in force then. It amazes me how many "fans" are expecting a Superbowl this year. Be realistic people. 1st year rookie QB is gonna take time. Smdh.

What will never change in Pre-season is that none of the "starters" are going to go full speed or even 75%.....so not only are we seeing Vanilla playcalling but half-ass effort by both teams..can we say WWF...alot of acting....

...that is untill the 2-3rd string hits the field That is why the second half always seems more like a game.. Guys it's just that simple!!!

The World is ending according to the Mayans and by some of the posters on this message board. Both naysayers will be disappointed. I'm looking forward to a great year.

No it is not. The Mayans did not use the Roman Julien calendar which has leap years. That was a man made addition. According to the Mayan calendar, Dec 21, 2012 has already passed. Which ranks right up there with most people's opinions about what will happen this year after two preseason games......Here's a clue for the clueless about playcalling. Does it occur to you that maybe Shanny is going conservative in the preseason because he knows the O-line is banged up and doesn't want to risk RGIII yet? I bet not.

Except, "expecting us to suck" is not happiness in and of itself. Basically, you're telling us to be miserable from the start and then be miserable while we do suck if it happens. :doh:

Unless you're a weirdo who enjoys expecting us to suck, lol. :pfft:

No, I'd rather have hope and enjoy the optimism that we could turn things around now until there is no doubt that we're failing to do so, then I'll allow myself to be disappointed. And if we do, I get to be happy the entire time.

Here's some simple math:

JOY + JOY = A LOT OF JOY

I like math and love your philosophy! Well put.

Archived