Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SOW: The World Is Not Ending

E-Dog Night

I was overly surprised by the offense. We keep hearing vanilla and our preseason offense is exactly that. Once I realized it was Griffin getting torched at corner my anxiety settled down. Clearly he can expect his link slip on the first round of cuts. The guy isn't physical, fast, or a smart player. He's been labeled a duel threat because he supposedly can play safety. I just don't see him playing that here. It seamed like Polumbus was lining up in the backfield. He might as well SS played FB. Gettis gets a break from me seeing as he is a late round rookie draft pick. Granted Cook played against the second and third team he looked way better than Montgomery. Montgomery could've lined up at RB. He was getting carried into the backfield. Never got off the line of scrimmage.

Well ESPN's latest power rankings have us at 25 with a 2-14 record. Lol. Seriously 2-14? I don't see how we could be THAT bad.

There used to be a time when i looked forward to coming home and watching ESPN. Unless they're going through NFL highlights i don't even bother any more.

There used to be a time when i looked forward to coming home and watching ESPN. Unless they're going through NFL highlights i don't even bother any more.

I have to agree completely. Where in the hell do they come up with this stuff? I mean seriously. We had a better record last year with less talent and Grossman at QB. But now with RGIII we are gonna go 2-14? Give me a break ESPN. Keep the hate coming. It only makes us stronger.

This is exactly the truth, people are just repeating what they hear, "Just be patient", "Everything will be ok", I have been with this team almost 30 years now and the last 19 have put grey hairs on my head. Im looking at this now as I will believe it when I see it instead of going in thinking things will be diferent when they never are. Im scared to death about this QB, we gave so much up for him and Im not sure he was worth it and I hope Im wrong.

Can you imagen life as a 21 year old ´Skins fan XD

This is the closest thing to an "Optimism Thread" so I thought I'd share something I noticed after re-watching the Skins/Bears game. On the play where RG3 dropped back, sidestepped a DT who was trying to swat the ball out of his hands, and launched that Go-Route to Garcon (who was 5 yards out of bounds)---- I ran it back about 8 times and that ball was ON THE MONEY. At first it looked to me like the pass may have been out of bounds, but after further review I believe it literally would have hit him right over the shoulder in full stride.

We have yet to see Griffin connects on that deep ball yet, but I have a feeling he is going to torch this Indy secondary and blow people's heads off. Man, I'm ready for it!

But as a wise man once told me, feelings are not facts. When everything seems to be falling apart around you, take a step back, and look at everything from a detached, unemotional standpoint. And wait a little while; you’d be amazed at how the passage of time can change your perspective.

Example: Green Bay 10... Cleveland 35?

We have the team of the future with RG III. Unfortunately, we don't have a team for the present, with four-fifths of the starting OL having the talent level of other team's depth and a suspect group of defensive backs. That's not the sky falling, It's simply what is. I wish I saw it differently and I wish two or three of these guys are the "diamonds in the rough" that we hope will become a decent OLine. Give RG III time, either in the pocket or by gaining experience, and he'll burn a lot of teams. But not this year, and not with this OLine. We'll beat the other bottom feeders, but against teams with even good (not stellar, just good) defenses, the Skins offense is going to struggle.

Please let me be wrong.

Archived