Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gameday Thread: 2012 Preseason Week 2

Hitman21ST

Depends on what version you want man.

There's the rookie version against a Steelers first string throwing everything at him. Or there's the 'he's still a demi God' after he brought the Colts back from 14 down against the second string version.

Hail.

So he looked like a rookie against what he'll see in the regular season?

Luck having a rookie caliber game is good for out fanbase. If he had lit up Pitt, I guarantee fans would have been comparing him to Griffin and some would have grown impatient. I saw hints of it after seeing Griffin struggle last night. Not many, but some fans had begun making those underhanded comments taking shots at Griffin. Luck struggling should calm those people down though hopefully. Be patient.

Luck, like Griffin, had some good throws, and some pretty bad throws, including a pick six. He then came on like a house of fire against the number 2's (again...). Willing to bet we hear about that second part more.

The thing I notice is that our coaching staff doesn't want to put Griff out there against the number 2's. They want him to get meaningful reps against the starters so they have something to go back and teach from. The Colts kept Andrew Luck out there against the Rams numbers 2's and again versus the Steelers numbers 2's just to give him a flashy start.

Difference philosophies...

If the skins lose next week, we are never going to hear the end of it from the media

Meh, I don't think so. Most media outlets/prognosticator's/personalities, etc aren't really expecting too much from us this season. I'm sure that probably half of them still think that Snyder has his hands in the day to day football operation aspect of the team anyways. There are few people out there )as far as what I've seen) that are pretty blanced/accurate in their asessment of the team anyways.

Depending on how the 1's play, the only people who will be sure to overreact, are Skins fans. Looks like mos of the analysis regarding Griffin's play in paricular, have been pretty fair so far.

Yeah, I've stopped logging in to ES during games, it's usually better that way. Can't say I won't change that during the regular season though lol

I'd like to say that after 2008-2009, we've seen worse, but the arrival of promise/expectations may set some people down a path of stupid that has never been seen before, If we hit a rough patch, or two.

Luck, like Griffin, had some good throws, and some pretty bad throws, including a pick six. He then came on like a house of fire against the number 2's (again...). Willing to bet we hear about that second part more.

The thing I notice is that our coaching staff doesn't want to put Griff out there against the number 2's. They want him to get meaningful reps against the starters so they have something to go back and teach from. The Colts kept Andrew Luck out there against the Rams numbers 2's and again versus the Steelers numbers 2's just to give him a flashy start.

Difference philosophies...

I don't buy the keeping him out there versus number 2's for a flashy start. He's a rookie, and the unquestioned starter going into the season, he's just getting good reps and capitalizing.

I don't buy the keeping him out there versus number 2's for a flashy start. He's a rookie, and the unquestioned starter going into the season, he's just getting good reps and capitalizing.

He's a rookie playing against back-ups. Granted, most of the time people who are the numbers 2's will make the team. But it's nowhere near the same level of competition. It's hard to teach from a tape that teaches you that you did everything right.

I'm sure Luck will be a great player, but I'm sick of hearing people say "Luck threw a 63 yard touchdown on his first attempt." It was a dump-off pass behind the line of scrimmage. Yes, it's technically true, but it is very misleading when it is said like that. I'm looking at you, Stuart Scott.

He's a rookie playing against back-ups. Granted, most of the time people who are the numbers 2's will make the team. But it's nowhere near the same level of competition. It's hard to teach from a tape that teaches you that you did everything right.

I thought the Steelers had their first stringers out there just as long as the Colts did.

Depends on what version you want man.

There's the rookie version against a Steelers first string throwing everything at him. Or there's the 'he's still a demi God' after he brought the Colts back from 14 down against the second string version.

Hail.

Luck's first TD drive was against the Steelers' starters.

He went 8 for 17 for 79 yards and 2 picks against the starters.

He went 8 for 8 for 96 yards against the second string.

Its like people feel the need to diminish Luck's play.

Luck is a rookie QB.

Rookie QBs need reps.

I know pretty ridiculous lol. It's not like Luck is in the NFC East and we have to play him twice a year, people on this board always feel the need to dog him.

---------- Post added August-20th-2012 at 01:50 PM ----------

I'm sure Luck will be a great player, but I'm sick of hearing people say "Luck threw a 63 yard touchdown on his first attempt." It was a dump-off pass behind the line of scrimmage. Yes, it's technically true, but it is very misleading when it is said like that. I'm looking at you, Stuart Scott.

Coincidentally, I've seen people on this board over hype RGIII's TD against Buffalo which was a simple WR Screen, similar type pass to the one Luck threw. A TD is a TD, doesn't matter if it's a 1 yard pass or a 99 yard pass.

Not sure why some feel the need to downplay Luck's play either. Hell, we all went nuts about RG3's game against Buffalo. Go back and watch it -- he hit some open receivers, that's all.

Like RG3, Luck is a class act. Love the guy. Think he's going to take the league by storm in year one -- even on a crappy Indy team.

Archived