Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

RG3 and Kirk Cousins get their first Madden ratings

Rocky52Mc

I was watching videos a few weeks ago and I remember seeing a create a player screen so I know you can in some way or another.

You can create a player to use for Connected Career's Superstar mode or you can put him on your roster if you choose Coach mode(traditional franchise mode)

I don't think you can just start creating a bunch of people to use in exhibition modes though but I haven't heard that confirmed. Just doesn't seem likely with them taking out edit a player option.

Also, to MSF - there is an offline franchise, you can play connected careers coach mode offline if you want to which apparently is everything Madden 12 franchise was with some tweaks and improvements.

One thing I would like to see is how the new system of AI determines free agency and drafts. They said teams have higher OVR ratings for players that fit in their system ie, a 3-4 OLB vs a 4-3 which hopefully makes free agency and drafts more realistic than teams just going for highest rated players etc.

Also - i dont want to sound like a Madden fanboy, I loved madden my whole life but the last one I bought was I believe 08 for like a week because everything on the current gen consoles has been awful. The new physics engine really intrigues me with this one though.

Wait you can't create a player in madden 13?

According to the guys at EA they just ran out of time and were not able to include player editing and Create-A-Player which may be true with them completely revamping the game engine but it still annoys me. They have said it will be back in next years edition though.

Who cares if you can't edit player? Aside from adding maybe some trademarks to the player this keeps it realistic with base ratings, so you can't jack up a dude's stats just because you happen to like them. Madden got it right with the new physics engine, now everything will start to fall back into place with this franchise and make it the premier title it once was.

nice! unfortunately, i will not be buying any more madden games. it seems like everytime i buy this game, the skins end up sucking for the season. i guess it's my own madden curse.

There is no such thing as a curse.

And I'm going back to this one.

You can create a player to use for Connected Career's Superstar mode or you can put him on your roster if you choose Coach mode(traditional franchise mode)

I don't think you can just start creating a bunch of people to use in exhibition modes though but I haven't heard that confirmed. Just doesn't seem likely with them taking out edit a player option.

Also, to MSF - there is an offline franchise, you can play connected careers coach mode offline if you want to which apparently is everything Madden 12 franchise was with some tweaks and improvements.

One thing I would like to see is how the new system of AI determines free agency and drafts. They said teams have higher OVR ratings for players that fit in their system ie, a 3-4 OLB vs a 4-3 which hopefully makes free agency and drafts more realistic than teams just going for highest rated players etc.

Also - i dont want to sound like a Madden fanboy, I loved madden my whole life but the last one I bought was I believe 08 for like a week because everything on the current gen consoles has been awful. The new physics engine really intrigues me with this one though.

Couldn't have said it better.

I haven't bought Madden in about that long either. Only reason why I am now is because RG3. Actually, last Madden I bought was because it was Sean Taylors last game he'd be in... 08!

He's going to be a monster in Madden, I only really buy a new madden when we get a player I can't wait to play. Online is going to suck though, I used to be the only dude playing as the Redskins online and now everyone will be doing it and I will look like a cheeser.

He's going to be a monster in Madden, I only really buy a new madden when we get a player I can't wait to play. Online is going to suck though, I used to be the only dude playing as the Redskins online and now everyone will be doing it and I will look like a cheeser.

A cheeser? Lol why do you care what teams other people use?

A cheeser? Lol why do you care what teams other people use?

I'm the kinda player that if someone uses the Rams, I will match them with a same level team. I don't usually care, but in Madden 12 when the Eagles were rated 94 ovr they were the only team anyone ever used.

I'm the kinda player that if someone uses the Rams, I will match them with a same level team. I don't usually care, but in Madden 12 when the Eagles were rated 94 ovr they were the only team anyone ever used.

I am too although sometimes I pick the Skins no matter what cause I can do really well with them despite their average ratings. The people who annoy me are the ones who insist on only playing as teams who are 90+ even if I'm playing as a team that's a 75. It is rewarding to spank those people though.

If you just create a player in Madden 12 named Robert Griffin III, it basically does it for you without 'really' doing it. It gives you his appearance, his numbers etc. This was months ago, and not online. Don't remember details fully but I remember going "okay they pretty much have RG3 in this game already", like it knows.

Love RG3, unfortunately...NOT buying Madden 13'.

I'll create & edit him in my Madden12', which you cannot do any more in Madden 13' going forward.

No player creations

No editing ratings, jersey #'s, height, weight, etc. (and you know they get these wrong on some)

No Franchise Mode

You just want to nerf Trent Williams down to a 70 overall. Admit it ;p

The lack of being able to start a franchise with a fantasy draft is terrible for people who play online franchise though. It's the only thing that pisses me off, because with random order to pick teams, I'll have to get pretty lucky to get the Skins in any of my usual online leagues.

Maybe I'll get a top 5 pick....but I never do when it comes to draft order. Always mid twenties, Skins will be long gone. :(

Sorry to say bro, there's a lot of us that exclusively play with the Redskins. Just don't play against someone else who is trying to be the Redskins - simple.

I always and only use the Redskins.

No matter when I'm playing Madden.

The only time I will use a different team, is when I plan on relocating the team to a different City, State, Stadium, etc. say...IE "Richmond, Yetis"...make the stadium a dome, etc. (For fun and wanting to design logo's, uniforms and stuff))

That way, the Redskins stay where they are in computer mode.

Any ways, just got done putting RG3 in Madden 12' game with the ratings in OP.

So thank you bud. (On my updated rosters)

My current project?

Currently putting all 273 Hall Of Famers in my Madden 12 game to use on their respected teams. --Minus-- the Contributors, Coaches, Owners, etc. of course...(saving it under a different roster format of course on my memory card)

Unfortunately, there are only 64 Created player slots available, so I have to dump 69- overall or worse rated players into free agency and edit over them as to be HOFers. (Those not on teams of course)

VERY time consuming, but worth it for me as a Football Historian, like myself.

I'm also only using a PS2, to do this.

But I'm sure you can use a PS3 for this as well.

I know the Madden 13'/PS3 has some HOFers in the game, but they won't have all of them in the game, like I will.

I'm like just finished with letter "A-thru-H" on them.

It's a good thing awareness means nothing in madden unless you're simulating games.

:ols: I was just thinking the same thing. It is going to suck playing somebody with RG3 this year. :ols:

On a side note, I am involved in a couple of Madden online leagues. They are really fun and if anybody is interested shoot me a PM or go to the online gaming forum here on ES.

I refuse to give the worst gaming company in existence, EA, one cent of my money, but its nice to see RG3 get some decent ratings.

Worst in existence? Dead Space, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Sim City, System Shock, Madden, Crysis, Kingdoms of Amalur;Reckoning. The list goes on and on. While I dont always agree with the companies policies or practices they do put out an excellent product the majority of the time. You seem to be hating just slightly....

Archived