Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Tannehill turning heads early in Dolphins camp

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/31/tannehill-turning-heads-early-in-dolphins-camp/

Since I started the thread For now, Tannehill a distant third in Dolphins QB competition, I figured it only fair to start this thread as well lol...

Dolphins first-round pick Ryan Tannehill missed two days of camp due to a contract hangup. But the No. 8 overall draft pick maintains confidence that he’ll get a legitimate opportunity to win his team’s starting quarterback job.

The first step in upsetting veterans Matt Moore and David Garrard would be outplaying them on the practice field. And Tannehill is off to a promising start.

Per Ben Volin of the Palm Beach Post, it’s been “hard not to notice” how effective Tannehill has been throwing the football through a few days of training camp. Volin says Tannehill has showed “good velocity, accuracy, and anticipation.” Coach Joe Philbin relayed that Tannehill had 53 “competitive snaps” in Sunday’s practice — just a day after he signed his contract — and the rookie passer completed “over 40″ of his throws.

“For a rookie quarterback,” Philbin confirmed, “I think he’s doing very well.”

He's got an uphill battle needing to beat out Moore and Garrard. Moore was an effective, albeit unspectacular, starter last season. Garrard took the year off but had been a starter for the previous five season in Jacksonville. I don't see how Tannehill, who was drafted for his upside potential more than his current ability, has a chance of winning the starting job. I also don't think it matters if he fails to do so, it's probably better for him to sit and learn as the 3rd string QB.

Ok, for the life of me I can't understand what the deal with his wife is. She is a very pretty woman. That's it.

There is absolutely nothing special (to me), stunning, interesting about her at all. If I saw her in public, I'd go "hey, she's really good looking" and move on.

And aside from being fit, she doesn't even have a great (curvy) body.

I really don't get it

Ok for the life of me I can't understand what the deal with his wife is. She is a very pretty woman. That's it.

There is absolutely nothing special (to me), stunning, interesting about her at all. If I saw her in public, I'd go "hey, she's really good looking" and move on.

I really don't get it.

I more or less said the same thing a few months ago lol...

“For a rookie quarterback,” Philbin confirmed, “I think he’s doing very well.”

"For a 30 year old," Philbin confirmed, "I think he's doing very well."

Ok for the life of me I can't understand what the deal with his wife is. She is a very pretty woman. That's it.

I really don't get it :shrugs:

because she is blonde. and has a big forehead

Ok, for the life of me I can't understand what the deal with his wife is. She is a very pretty woman. That's it.

I really don't get it

More of a pot shot at Ryan than anything else.

I really don't get it

she is busted to me.

Watched a lot of Tannehill last year in Big 12 play, and I never once thought -- "Man, now there's a guy you could build a team around". He's a very meh QB prospect for the Dolphins to have drafted at number 8.

Perhaps he'll surprise me.

Watched a lot of Tannehill last year in Big 12 play, and I never once thought -- "Man, now there's a guy you could build a team around". He's a very meh QB prospect for the Dolphins to have drafted at number 8.

Perhaps he'll surprise me.

To be fair, he was pretty much as inexperienced as they come and still put together a good season for the Aggies.

I'm not a huge fan of him as a QB prospect, but I do think he can be very solid if coached up correctly. Doesn't hurt that his old college coach is now his OC. He's smart and has the physical skills to do it, but his lack of deep accuracy and questionable pocket awareness makes me believe he probably won't ever be elite. I hope I'm wrong though, because I like the guy as a person.

I think a lot of the perception of Tannehill doesn't match the reality.

People seem to be think of him as the 3rd QB by default and not because of skillset.

Tannehill lacks experience but his skillset is on par with Luck and Griffin.

---------- Post added August-6th-2012 at 08:00 AM ----------

Passing on Throws 25-Plus Yards Downfield, Notable QBs, 2011 Season

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2012/story/_/page/NextLevel120419/doubters-drove-robert-griffin-iii-make-big-leap

Ryan Tannehill, Texas A&M

32.6 comp % 7-2 TD-INT

Andrew Luck, Stanford

31.6 comp % 4-1 TD-INT

haha, thats nice of you to put your pic up too :ols:

she not my type. I dont see anything at all hot about her, but to each his own. There are better looking women working in and around Chinatown each day.

lol I thought I was the only person that thought this way about her. I think shes decent but not anything I would be drooling over.

Archived