Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Tannehill turning heads early in Dolphins camp

There's a lot of tools out there. Czaban happens to be one of the biggest in the box.

He'll STILL be saying we gave up too much in the trade when RGIII's hoisting his 3rd Lomabardi aloft.

Dude has a complete inability to admit when he's wrong.

Hail.

The thing is, you can't be wrong when you're talking about hypothetical scenarios. Let's say we become a very good team and RGIII plays great at QB. If Tannehill also shows that he can play well in this league, you can realistically make the argument that we'd be just as good, if not better, with him at QB plus a few more 1st round players on the team. It's not fun to listen to since we're all excited having our franchise QB, but it really is the reason there are message boards, sports talk radio, etc. Debating is fun and he's really just doing his job.

Hey guys, looks like I made a quick comment, left, and then it turned into a big discussion lol.

My comment boils down to this: Czaban hated the trade from the beginning. Likes RG3, hated the trade. Minimized everything RG3 did in preseason, saying he only considers him a "prospect" and nothing else at this point. However, I'm saying that Tannehill's preseason success will be a hypocritical chest-thumping ground for Czaban to say we should have just taken him, even though in the same argument he minimizes whatever Griffin did in the preseason.

Not saying moving up for Griffin was the right or wrong choice, though everyone knows my stance on the matter. Just saying Czaban will be hypocritical as usual. He annoys me because most of his arguments against Griffin are because he played in the Big 10 and they haven't had much NFL QB success without really evaluating him individual prospect with a much, MUCH better blend of physical tools and intellectual/mental capacity than guys like Harrell, Young, White, etc.

Hope that helps and that now GHH and DG can be friends again :)

---------- Post added August-13th-2012 at 02:01 PM ----------

Let's say we become a very good team and RGIII plays great at QB. If Tannehill also shows that he can play well in this league, you can realistically make the argument that we'd be just as good, if not better, with him at QB plus a few more 1st round players on the team..

This is the same argument that people make, saying the Giants would be just as good, if not better, if they kept Rivers and their draft picks. I don't buy it. I don't think an extra player here or there, even a very good one, makes up for the difference between a guy who just gets it and is as clutch as Eli Manning has shown to be and someone who has shown to be very good but inconsistent like Rivers.

Time will tell if the same difference exists between Griffin and Tannehill. But it's tough to judge those differences because of the multitude of intangible factors that exist.

~(good post)...Hope that helps and that now GHH and DG can be friends again :)

Wait, me and GHH were friends?

J/K I consider GHH to be an old drinking buddy.

And if we don't disagree every now and again bad things happen.

---------- Post added August-13th-2012 at 04:49 PM ----------

Work with me son, work with me.:pfft: I'm married also, so it's hypothetical that you would be single also.;)
she 6a00d834518d0b69e20162fd0eb8aa970d-120wicomes up to you and wants to take you home

We'd been in a cab post-haste

This is the same argument that people make, saying the Giants would be just as good, if not better, if they kept Rivers and their draft picks. I don't buy it. I don't think an extra player here or there, even a very good one, makes up for the difference between a guy who just gets it and is as clutch as Eli Manning has shown to be and someone who has shown to be very good but inconsistent like Rivers.

Time will tell if the same difference exists between Griffin and Tannehill. But it's tough to judge those differences because of the multitude of intangible factors that exist.

I don't agree with the argument that I posed. I simply believe it is a valid and reasonable one. If the team gets good and Tannehill is good, it's logical to argue that the team would be good with Tannehill. Additionally, it's impossible to disprove so someone like Czaben can say this without fear of having to eat crow later.

I don't agree with the argument that I posed. I simply believe it is a valid and reasonable one. If the team gets good and Tannehill is good, it's logical to argue that the team would be good with Tannehill. Additionally, it's impossible to disprove so someone like Czaben can say this without fear of having to eat crow later.

Fair enough. I think on the face, it's reasonable because of what you mentioned. However, there is just too many differences in scheme, coaching, teammates, etc etc that keep me from buying it. I honestly believe Phillip Rivers would not have a ring with the Giants right now, but as you said, there's no real way for me to prove that.

Either way, I just hope Griffin outperforms Tannehill (and every other QB in NFL history :)) so we don't have to go there.

Yes, there are women prettier than Tannehill's wife and there are women prettier then the woman in the picture above, but to hear some of you guys, you act like his wife is dog meat. I'd love to see all of your "beauty queens." Say for instance she's single, you're in a bar, she comes up to you and wants to take you home. How many of you fools would turn her down?

In regards to my post, I was just to responding to the "Do you find her attractive?" part of the discussion rather than the "Would you hit?" part. There are plenty of guys I know that would screw a Roseanne clone if she put out :ols:, so no, I would not turn her down.

Say for instance she's single, you're in a bar, she comes up to you and wants to take you home. How many of you fools would turn her down?

Do you know how many billions of women that applies to? lol...

---------- Post added August-14th-2012 at 02:55 AM ----------

In regards to my post, I was just to responding to the "Do you find her attractive?" part of the discussion rather than the "Would you hit?" part. There are plenty of guys I know that would screw a Roseanne clone if she put out :ols:, so no, I would not turn her down.

"A black man would drop-kick Keira Knightly, to get to Rosie O'Donnell..." - Chris Rock

Ok. And for what it's worth, Les Brown's (who?) girl looks alot like Hope Solo, the US women's soccer team goalkeeper. And that girl is pretty hot!

I like Tannehill a lot. I watched him a bunch last year along with Barkley, Luck and Griff. I like what he brings to the table as far as tools. I'm usually all for throwing the rookies into the fire.

However, I would love TH to be able to get some seasoning first. Sit a while and get some time so see the bullets fly and watch Moore play. He's still pretty raw and he doesn't have any good veteran help at the receiver position. I think that's key for a young guy if you're gonna toss him into the fray. I wish him all the best though. I'd rather the Dolphins challenge the Pats for that division than the Jets. Maybe he'll pleasantly surprise.

This kind of reminds me of the Joe Flacco situation. The school of thought was it would either be Kyle Boller or Troy Smith as the starter, and some freak things happened that resulted in Flacco starting day one. David Garrard's knee injury (when by all accounts, he was playing very well) and Matt Moore's flat-out ineffectiveness really gave them no choice but to go with Tannehill.

Craziness. 4 first round pick rookies, all starters from day 1. We truly have entered the era of the QB.

• 2 weeks later...
Ireland needs to get off his tuckus and get Tannehill some help.

He should have already called Cooley by now and Plaxico should have been in camp 2 weeks ago.

I think they're incompetent. I can understand the Chad cut ( from a non football perspective) but I still think he could've helped them. The Vontae Davis trade was a real headscratcher. I doubt they'd bring in a guy like Plax if they're willing to cut Chad

I think they're incompetent. I can understand the Chad cut ( from a non football perspective) but I still think he could've helped them. The Vontae Davis trade was a real headscratcher. I doubt they'd bring in a guy like Plax if they're willing to cut Chad

They're trying to do the same "youth movement" thing that bit Raheem Morris in the ass. You need SOME veterans, and you need SOME players you can count on.

Archived