Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Do You Accept The Big Bang Theory?

skinsfan07

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Was looking at some online universe scales and I started thinking about how amazing the universe really is. So I pose you all this question, based on all the evidence supporting the BBT, do you accept it? Or do you believe that something else created all of this?

Was looking at some online universe scales and I started thinking about how amazing the universe really is. So I pose you all this question, based on all the evidence supporting the BBT, do you accept it? Or do you believe that something else created all of this?

Well, how do you define "the big bang theory"?

I want to say no, just because I assume there were multiple big bangs and I don't rule out some of the crazy scenarios of multiple universes, etc. Then again, I don't know all of the details of the big bang theory. If it acknowledges its limitations in some way, I could probably get on board.

There was nothing prior to the Big Bang. Time and space didn't exist.

That's actually only one of many theories now. Check out the multi-verse theory to make your head explode.

Also, I have no idea which of these theories are more commonly accepted now. All I know is that there are a lot of theories, and I don't know which one happened.

Sure, but where did all the material come from prior to the big boom?

Until the unanswered questions of the universe are answered, I won't rule anything out.

Yeah maybe one of those stone age fairy tales actually got it right. Better be on the safe side about these things.

You must be really old to of been around then :ols:

lol I'm immortal man. I don't age. I've been around since the beginning. But really the science behind it all is really mind boggling. I mean how else could you explain:

1. The expansion of the Universe

2. The existence of cosmic background radiation

3. The 2.7K temperature of the cosmic background radiation

4. The relative abundance of elements in the Universe

5. Olber's paradox

6. An age for the Universe that is older than any object in it

and is consistent with known physical laws? Outside of The BBT, and science, you can't.

and is consistent with known physical laws? Outside of The BBT, and science, you can't.

One question that doesn't explain though is how are galaxies converging?

The explosion might explain the expansion, but there's nothing in physics that explains an object's acceleration after the explosion - meaning that the explosion causes the objects to expand, but objects don't "catch up" to other objects after the explosion. The faster objects are further out, the slower objects are closer in

Archived