Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Obamacare...(new title): GOP DEATH PLAN: Don-Ryan's Express

JMS

Personally, I have a lot of sympathy for Trump supporters.  I don't wish bad things for them at all... in fact, the opposite.  

Of course, I'm angry at them for 1) voting for a party that often doesn't seem to actually support them, 2) voting for a guy with so, so many issues, 3) believing in Trump when he lies habitually, 4) buying into the fear mongering and 5) that many of them see themselves as Christians yet seem to have little empathy for people that desperately need help or are different from them (in any number of ways).  

That's not including the fact that Trump seems to be dismantling our role in the world which looks to lead us into a major war in the not too distant future, due to personal conflicts and incompetence.  

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Just keep calling it Trumpcare. Not Ryancare or anything else. Trumpcare. 

But is it?  The impression I have is that all Trump cares about is getting something passed, so that he can claim he did something. The impression I have is that this is a creation of a few committees of GOPers in Congress. 

37 minutes ago, Larry said:

But is it?  The impression I have is that all Trump cares about is getting something passed, so that he can claim he did something. The impression I have is that this is a creation of a few committees of GOPers in Congress. 

Trump doesn't care. Trumpcare is just something to get under Trump's skin. He loves putting his name on everything but doesn't want his name on this! If this turdburger passes he'll be fully linked to this. Hard to say it was Paul Ryan and them when his name is linked this. Trump just wants a short term victory. It's going to be harder to claim success when people start losing their healthcare.

1 hour ago, Larry said:

He's endorsed it, so it's his.

The ACA was actually the MA plan by Mitt Romney. 

2 hours ago, Larry said:

Doesn't matter. Post-Truth Administration. Perception is reality. 

Trumpcare sucks. 

I'm seeing a whole lot of fantasizing about the massive popular uprising once people grasp how badly this plan sucks.  

There's a reason why this plan doesn't kick in till 2020.  (Actually, no doubt there's several.)  And one of them is so that the GOP can bask in the glory of their accomplishment, while delaying the buyer's remorse for a few elections.  

It also allows the GOP four years to **** with Obamacare.  So that, when GOPCare actually kicks in, everybody will compare it against whatever Obamacare looks like, after four years of GOP rule.  

This popular uprising and massive recognition of suckitude is a ways off, and may not happen at all.  Even if the plan does suck.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Larry said:

Agree, this is definitely GOPcare. They started this fight looooooong before Trump was ever in the picture. Plus Trump wouldn't have the foggiest idea how to craft a healthcare plan. 0% chance that he's read it and I'd guess that if you quizzed him on it's contents, he probably would score below 50%

42 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Agree, this is definitely GOPcare. They started this fight looooooong before Trump was ever in the picture. Plus Trump wouldn't have the foggiest idea how to craft a healthcare plan. 0% chance that he's read it and I'd guess that if you quizzed him on it's contents, he probably would score below 50%

In his defense, nobody knew that healthcare could be so complicated.

• Like 6

57 minutes ago, The Sisko said:

Looks like naming it after the draft dodger in chief will at least be truth in advertising. DUMPCARE for all!! Because healthcare is a privilege, not a right. 

C'mon, it's just another commodity to be bought-n-sold to the highest bidder, everyone with the cover charge will have access. And that's a good thing, right? I mean I keep hearing 'em say this, "access access access", like we're all ****ing idiots (when only HALF of us are idiots) and cannot see that access don't mean ****. Eventually this will come back to bite these acc-holes where it hurts, but not soon, and not easily.

But you have to have those cover charges to keep out the riffraff, y'know, "those" people that would spoil it for the deserving................

15 hours ago, Larry said:

This popular uprising and massive recognition of suckitude is a ways off, and may not happen at all.  Even if the plan does suck.  

I think you're underestimating people. Working in healthcare with the general public tells me people going to blame Trump with their healthcare woes. Even before Obamacare came out any issue with patient's insurance it was that darn Obamacare. People that weren't even in the exchanges or Medicaid would say the same thing.

I'd guess the narrative will focus more on the idea that the new plan is working "tremendously" and "the few (ie. millions)" that have issues is due to the fact that Obamacare was so, so "terrible".  

He'll have his desktop so greased up that 'the buck' won't stand a chance.  

Just now, skinny21 said:

I'd guess the narrative will focus more on the idea that the new plan is working "tremendously" and "the few (ie. millions)" that have issues is due to the fact that Obamacare was so, so "terrible".  

He'll have his desktop so greased up that 'the buck' won't stand a chance.  

The narrative is pretty obvious in their minds and there is a reason they don't talk about comprehensive coverage. They hope that people can get dirt cheap coverage for a minimal amount of actual services. Doesn't matter that it's far worse for the country to do it this way, they just want talking point. 

• Like 1