Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Obamacare...(new title): GOP DEATH PLAN: Don-Ryan's Express

JMS

13 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I bet they will latch onto the federal deficit number and that people would have lower premiums 10 years from now. Of course they will leave out that it will be because of crappier coverage. 

See Paul Ryan's statement. LOL what a slimy POS. 

20 minutes ago, visionary said:

Although, how much of this is similar to the polls listing "people who don;t like Obamacare", by lumping people who thought it went too far, with people who thought it didn't go far enough?  

How many Republicans who don't like the proposal, don't like it because it doesn't gut the safety net as much as they'd like?  

9 minutes ago, Larry said:

Although, how much of this is similar to the polls listing "people who don;t like Obamacare", by lumping people who thought it went too far, with people who thought it didn't go far enough?  

How many Republicans who don't like the proposal, don't like it because it doesn't gut the safety net as much as they'd like?  

Good point, but that was after Obamacare was passed.  It doesn't matter what the reason for the opposition is in regards to stopping it from passing.

Now down the line it could be a problem with either reinforcing the current system or fixing it.

Edited by visionary

On 3/12/2017 at 0:26 PM, skinny21 said:

Personally, I have a lot of sympathy for Trump supporters.  I don't wish bad things for them at all... in fact, the opposite.  

Of course, I'm angry at them for 1) voting for a party that often doesn't seem to actually support them, 2) voting for a guy with so, so many issues, 3) believing in Trump when he lies habitually, 4) buying into the fear mongering and 5) that many of them see themselves as Christians yet seem to have little empathy for people that desperately need help or are different from them (in any number of ways).  

That's not including the fact that Trump seems to be dismantling our role in the world which looks to lead us into a major war in the not too distant future, due to personal conflicts and incompetence.  

I have no sympathy whatsoever.  I want them to feel the full negative impact of everything Trump and the GOP does over the next 2-4 years.

Whatever good that may come out of this Trump/GOP era will be eclipsed by all the damage that will be done. Let them reap what they sowed!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, clietas said:

So the $336 billion "saved" over 10 years actually just goes into defense. We'll have $60 billion more allocated to defense no questions asked but we're not able to afford $30 billion a year over 10 years for Healthcare. Ok... Thanks Republicans. 

Actually, from the little bit I think I understand, a good chunk of those "savings" are fictional.  

Supposedly, the proposal contains language that states that, when it kicks in, in 2020, then the amount spent on Medicaid will magically stop going up, and will remain constant, ever more.  

I doesn't actually specify any cuts to Medicaid.  It just says that the amount spent will stay the same (without saying how they intend that to happen).  

In short, when the CBO scores this bill, they're required to pretend that the Republicans will cut Medicaid in the neighborhood of 10% a year, for six years in a row, without the Republicans actually saying how they're going to cut it.  

I think their plan for doing that is via block grants. It gives them the ability to budget a set number of dollars for it so the states can figure out how they're going to pay for the remainder. Of course most of them will do it by arbitrarily limiting the number of people on Medicaid. 

6 hours ago, DallasCowboyFan156 said:

I don't know when it happened but at some point over the last year or two Newt Gingrich went full crazy.

Pointing out that this is the person who, when the GOP took ofer Congress, got rid of (I think it was called) the Congressional Research Office, (a non-partisan agency who's job was to give Congress facts about legislation that was being considered), thus forcing congressmen to get their information from the GOP or lobbyists.  

In short, one of the persons who decided that facts were not in the interest of the GOP.  

• Like 6