Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mini Camp 6/12/12 and 6/13/12(post 46) - Open to Media

c4man5282

Reports are RG III has been a bit inconsistent but that's cool. I'm glad he's working with the first team and gets to work without fear of making mistakes...Great reports on Minnifield...Can't wait to see what the kid can do if he's healthy

Also like the receivers and qb saying that they have to get together and keep working on their timing even outside of the OTAs, minicamps, etc. A welcome relief from the... training on my own in Miami is good enough, I don't need to work with the team... attitude that infected past 'skins teams.

I find it incredibly gratifying that all the teammates are responding positively to RGIII. Watching Redskins Nation the other day, I believe it was Cofield (EDIT: I'm pretty sure it wasn't Cofield, but I can't remember the name) who conveyed to Chic Hernandez (sp) that Robert Griffin already has a commanding presence in the huddle. In fact, he mentioned that at one point when the huddle had begun to get out of control (noisy) during the OTAs, RGIII told them to be quiet so they could get the play in. I already love this kid; he's intelligent, athletic, and, evidently, a born leader.

Also like the receivers and qb saying that they have to get together and keep working on their timing even outside of the OTAs, minicamps, etc. A welcome relief from the... training on my own in Miami is good enough, I don't need to work with the team... attitude that infected past 'skins teams.

I couldn't agree more. I think there is a big difference in the guys we have on the roster now (compared to 3 - 4 years ago) and that RGIIIs work ethic is infectious. Who wants to be the receiver who says "nahh I was hoping to take the month off - we can work on our timing later?" I think its harder to say that when you hear things like this kid isn't under contract yet because, in part, he wants to spend more hours at the facility breaking down film.

I find it incredibly gratifying that all the teammates are responding positively to RGIII. Watching Redskins Nation the other day, I believe it was Cofield (EDIT: I'm pretty sure it wasn't Cofield, but I can't remember the name) who conveyed to Chic Hernandez (sp) that Robert Griffin already has a commanding presence in the huddle. In fact, he mentioned that at one point when the huddle had begun to get out of control (noisy) during the OTAs, RGIII told them to be quiet so they could get the play in. I already love this kid; he's intelligent, athletic, and, evidently, a born leader.

If my memory serves me right then it was Trent Williams that talked about the rookie QB coming in and telling the guys in the huddle to shut up so he can call the play.

If my memory serves me right then it was Trent Williams that talked about the rookie QB coming in and telling the guys in the huddle to shut up so he can call the play.

Cooley said some positive things about RG3's huddle. I think that might be where RGIIINATION is getting the 'C' sound from.

I think it was Trent that was being interviewed. Trent said that he was talking in the huddle and RG told him to shut up. I think the kid is going by everything the right way, and earning his respect.

Receivers wanting to win sounds great!

Remember Moss not coming to DC and practicing with team, then getting hurt and not playing 100%.

Felt like he redid him contract and felt he could do as he pleased.

Jerry Rice had a work ethic like no other WR.

Receivers wanting to win sounds great!

Remember Moss not coming to DC and practicing with team, then getting hurt and not playing 100%.

Felt like he redid him contract and felt he could do as he pleased.

Jerry Rice had a work ethic like no other WR.

Art Monk was pretty close. I remember in the good ole days how all the rooks would look at Monk's regimine and just "get" it. They saw what they had to do to be a real pro and all the Redskins worked hard to achieve that level. That was when we had a "Professional" football team in DC and not just a pro one. Hopefully, those days are coming back

Thanks Authentic for the link.

TE Niles Paul’s blocking is going to be spotlighted once the pads come out. OLB Rob Jackson burst inside him to stop a running play Tuesday. Jackson was quicker off the ball and got across Paul’s face by staying low. Paul's speed on pass routes has been a positive this spring, and we'll soon get a better gauge of his blocking ability. His experience as a blocker in Nebraska's option offense bodes well, but can he block bigger defenders inside?

First bit of realistic news about Paul, all I've read before this was that Paul was some kind of wonder child at TE. It felt like it was way too good to be true. So his early struggles with actual pass rushers is honestly welcome news, I didn't want to be sorely disappointed that he wasn't some God out there in preseason.

Art Monk was pretty close. I remember in the good ole days how all the rooks would look at Monk's regimine and just "get" it. They saw what they had to do to be a real pro and all the Redskins worked hard to achieve that level. That was when we had a "Professional" football team in DC and not just a pro one. Hopefully, those days are coming back

I think Shannon Sharpe's speech, also drilled the point home. It's not going to be one guy. It's going to be several prominent guys and it will start to sink in. And Shanahan's desire for great depth is essential, if we have guys showing up in practice playing their asses off to move up the depth chart and are actually a threat to get playing time instead of just possibly making the roster? That forces everyone to play hard.

Jarvis Jenkins is going to be huge for this team. Jarvis getting far more snaps along the d-line than Golston did last season, will make others scared of losing playing time, and forcing them to play harder. Added benefit of everyone being fresher in the game due to fewer snaps is nice too.

I'm really rooting for Minnifield to keep up this good play, and for Hall to continue to play in the slot. Hopefully Hall gets mad he's not on the outside and practices harder.

Mike Jones ‏@MikeJonesWaPo

Kyle Shanahan says RGIII has been a work in progress, working very hard to learn the offense.

Kyle Shanahan says Griffin picking things up faster than expected.

Kyle Shanahan: "We've thrown a lot at him. Some days he looks better than others."

Kyle Shanahan Griffin's speed gives him an advantage on keepers. Says RGIII needs reps to grow more comfortable.

Kyle Shanahan says Garcon "was by far the best wideout available."

Kyle Shanahan admits "you're a little worried" w RBs Hightower and Helu unable to practice, "but it's early".

Kyle Shanahan says Chris Cooley looks really good and that he sees no problems w the TE's knee.

Kyle Shanahan says he expects Kory Lichtensteiger to be his starting LG.

Kyle Shanahan on RGIII's drive: "he's not doing things to make me happy. He's doing it for himself."

---------- Post added June-13th-2012 at 09:50 AM ----------

Grant Paulsen ‏@granthpaulsen

Kyle Shanahan on RG3: "He works as hard as anyone. Its been a really good camp for him." Been surprised by how quickly he's grasped offense.

Kyle Shanahan: "When you run 4.3, you've got an advantage running keepers." Says it'll take reps to know when to keep ball & when to throw.

Kyle Shanahan called Pierre Garcon the best WR available and said "he's everything I look for in a wide receiver."

Kyle Shanahan said the #Redskins asked Santana Moss to lose weight this offseason and he did (10 to 15 lbs). "He came in possessed."

Kyle Shanahan: Chris Cooley "looks like the old Chris." Jammal Brown is "a new-found man" and is more flexible because of his yoga routine.

Kyle Shanahan: "My expectation is to win. It's been as disappointing for us as anyone else that we haven't been able to."

Kyle Shanahan on Trent Williams: "I expect real big things from Trent." He called him as talented as any offensive tackle in the league.

---------- Post added June-13th-2012 at 09:53 AM ----------

John Keim ‏@john_keim

Kyle shanahan has focused on one word for rg3s development: reps. Says bigger roster has allowed them 2 get him more reps than normal.

Kyle raved more than usual about how santana has looked and also about his offseason work.

Kyle shanahan said moss is "one of the premier" slot WRs in nfl. Also called t. williams as talented a player as he's coached.

Mike Jones ‏@MikeJonesWaPo

Kyle Shanahan says for first time Redskins have depth in slot. Could be Hankerson, Morgan or Moss, he says.

---------- Post added June-13th-2012 at 10:01 AM ----------

Grant Paulsen ‏@granthpaulsen

Raheem Morris says it's still too early to grade out the secondary. Says he has enjoyed watching his defensive backs communicate.

Raheem Morris said he showed Hall and Wilson tapes of Ronde Barber playing in the slot to help their transition to playing inside.

Raheem Morris says he didn't consider taking any time off after losing his head coaching job in TB. Says he enjoys coaching too much.

Chris Russell ‏@Russellmania980

Raheem Morris says he is able to see to see the big picture, after being a HC, now a position coach. #Redskins fans are going to love guy

Raheem Morris "That's for guys with egos" on why he's not worried about going from head coach

Raheem Morris "It's fair to say" that Tanard Jackson is behind in learning curve. Says everyone had to be interchangeable

Kyle Shanahan on #Redskins QB @RGIII "Football is what drives him. ....It pumps you up."

I don't think it was Williams, but I could be mistaken. I was incredibly tired that day; I just remember the glowing endorsement of the rookie.

I don't think it was Williams, but I could be mistaken. I was incredibly tired that day; I just remember the glowing endorsement of the rookie.

It was Williams lol :yes:...he said RG3 tapped him on the shoulder when he was talking in the huddle to tell him to shut up, and that he thought it showed how Griffin was taking control of the huddle.

Archived