Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mini Camp 6/12/12 and 6/13/12(post 46) - Open to Media

c4man5282

I will keep ALL of todays Minicamp tweets in this post.

If I miss any tweets you feel should be posted that I didn't please do so. I have not been able to get on twitter much lately and follow some of the newer beat reporters if there are any.

When tweets start coming in fast I will do my best at getting them up ASAP. They probably won't look pretty but I will go back and fix them.

--------------------

il8wmp.png

--------------------

Rich Tandler ‏@Rich_Tandler

That's right. Helmets and shorts, no contact. RT @CarbonPrimo: Rich there is still no pads and contact during minicamp correct?

--------------------

Aldrick Robinson ‏@AldrickRobinson

Get up and Get paid

--------------------

Yes, Shanny, RG3, maybe 1-2 more. Also can catch players coming off the field. RT @RedskinsST21: will there be press conferences this aft?

--------------------

Helu but TH has been very limited w/knee. RT @Skull_Bonez: Who would give the RB spot edge to going into minicamps, Helu Jr. Or Hightower?

--------------------

@RGIII had the first of many "a-ha" moments last week. #Redskins #NFL #BU #RG3 http://bit.ly/MzkTIH

--------------------

Chris Baker ‏@cbaker92redskin

First day of mini camp #HTTR time to get better

--------------------

Tandler on PFT: Impressions of RG3 http://bit.ly/MzxSKD <----VIDEO

--------------------

Homer McFanboy ‏@HomerMcFanboy

Trent Williams talks about his pitiful golf swing, playing vs. RGIII in college and the role of the media. http://bit.ly/Mzziod

Wanna talk about this tweet? Go here: http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?366181-Homer-Trent-Williams-I-was-made-to-play-football

--------------------

Redskins ‏@Redskins

#Redskins' tight end Fred Davis projected as the No. 5 overall future player at his position http://redsk.in/KAIuYf

--------------------

Just for anyone that does not know(like me) :D

c4man5282 ‏@c4man5282

@john_keim What time does mini camp start? Can you tweet during or only after?

his reply...

John Keim ‏@john_keim

@c4man5282 practice starts at 2:25. no tweeting during practice.

--------------------

Redskins ‏@Redskins

Three Things To Watch For In Mini-Camp: Here are a few things fans can watch for during the Redskins' three-day ... http://redsk.in/N8WeR8

--------------------

Rich Campbell ‏@Rich_Campbell

This afternoon's #Redskins minicamp practice is open to media. This morning's closed walk-through was inside the bubble.

--------------------

Mike Jones ‏@MikeJonesWaPo

Kicker Graham Gano drilled 57-yard field goal late in practice. Neil Rackers missed his attempt from the same distance. #Redskins

--------------------

Redskins ‏@Redskins

#Redskins CB @DHall23 on QB @RGIII in the locker room: "He's a superstar and we all know it. He just doesn't act like it."

--------------------

Jake Russell ‏@_JakeRussell

#Redskins RB @Tim_Hightower will be on NFL32 on ESPN2 at 6 p.m. and WR @EIGHTTODANINE will be on NFL Network's Total Access at 7 p.m.

--------------------

CB Josh Wilson, former Terp, cracking on Chase Minnifield: "He didn't go to a top flight university. He went to the University of Virginia."

--------------------

Grant Paulsen ‏@granthpaulsen

Just getting out of the bubble after today's #Redskins mini camp practice. RG3 and Mike Shanahan will speak to media soon.

--------------------

Highlight of practice: Acrobatic one-handed Pierre Garcon TD catch on a jump ball from RG3. Entire offense sprinted to endzone to celebrate.

--------------------

Redskins ‏@Redskins

Check out some video from the #Redskins' first day of mini-camp today at Redskins Park http://redsk.in/KlCh7L

--------------------

ESPN 980 ‏@ESPNRadio980

Some mini camp notes..Kirk Cousins had throw of day a long bomb in stride to Aldrick Robinson. Rackers doinked 1 FG post to end. #Redskins

--------------------

Robert Griffini III on today's practice: "I'm more comfortable with everything. I felt like I knew where I was going with everything."

--------------------

George Wallace ‏@GWallaceWTOP

RG3: "You can never know offense too well. I'll continue to work on everything.". Says he will call coach up once a day #Redskins

--------------------

RG3 says he is still working on his footwork and still trying to better grasp the offense.

--------------------

RGIII: feels more improvements made this week. Says he's building good chemistry w WRs. #Redskins

--------------------

RGIII thinks "there's always something to work on" and mentions footwork as one area.

--------------------

Griffin has moved out to the area but will go to Texas for break. Plans to get together w WRs and throw off and on.

--------------------

RG3 says he will get together with WR and throw during the break before training camp #Redskins

--------------------

ESPN 980 ‏@ESPNRadio980

@RGIII says the #Redskins will get together at some point over break. Not sure when and where.

--------------------

Redskins ‏@Redskins

#Redskins QB @RGIII on learning WRs: "I'm learning which ones can run which routes...they all run every route, and they're always open."

--------------------

RG3 says he plans on getting some of his WRs together somewhere off-site to throw the ball at some point before training camp. #Redskins

--------------------

RG3 says he & some WRs will meet on their own during the 6-week dead period: "We are going to get together and throw because it's important"

--------------------

RG3 on contract. "I don't worry about it" #Redskins

--------------------

RGIII remains unsigned, but not concerned. "Talked to my agent last week. He said don't worry about it so I'm not worried about it."

--------------------

Griffin on not having signed yet: "I don't worry about it. I'm here to play football. We're going to make sure that happens." #Redskins

--------------------

Redskins ‏@Redskins

#Redskins QB @RGIII confirms that he intends to work out with receivers away from the facilities, after mini-camp is complete.

--------------------

John Keim ‏@john_keim

Ex-terrapin josh williams says of ex-uva cb chase minnifield, "can't say his education was the best." #redskins

--------------------

RG3 on veteran WRs "they've been great, you need guys on your side and ones that aren't trying to stab you in the back" #Redskins

--------------------

RGIII on contract: "talked to my agent last week, he said don't worry about it, so I'm not worried about it."

--------------------

Redskins ‏@Redskins

#Redskins QB @RGIII says backup QB Rex Grossman and WR Santana Moss have been assets in helping him learn the playbook and system.

--------------------

Evan Silva ‏@evansilva

RT @MoveTheSticks I talked to a trusted personnel exec about Garçon. He expects him to put up huge #s in that offense

--------------------

Redskins ‏@Redskins

@RGIII on playing fearless: "If I need to slide, I'll slide. If I need to run out of bounds, I will. But by no means will I play with fear."

--------------------

Robert Griffin III on scrambling: "You can't play with fear." Says "if it's at the end of the game, I'm not sliding." #Redskins

--------------------

lance lewis ‏@Lance_Lewis1

Great practice #Redskins we grindin

--------------------

Zac Boyer ‏@ZacBoyer

#Redskins' RG3 said he's not concerned about not having signed contract thus far. Said agents told him they'll take care of it.

--------------------

ESPN 980 ‏@ESPNRadio980

#Redskins TE Logan Paulsen had a nifty snatch of a Rex Grossman pass. He snared it with one hand in stride, over the middle.

--------------------

ESPN 980 ‏@ESPNRadio980

#Redskins rookie CB Chase Minnifield had a INT of Rex Grossman. Cedric Griffin went stride 4 stride with Pierre Garcon on a @RGIII overthrow

--------------------

Chris Russell ‏@Russellmania980

On one play, @RGIII took off on a scramble left, it got strung out at edge & he went down from banging into Fred Davis. @doughty37 involved.

--------------------

jordan bernstine ‏@JBernstine

Long day doing work. Now hotel to make dinner and relax a little bit. #lovinglife

--------------------

Shanny on RG3 contract. "It will get done" #Redskins

--------------------

Mikr Shanahan on rookie contracts: "That'll get done." Says after the first guy (Luck) signs, thing usually fall into place. #Redskins

--------------------

ESPN 980 ‏@ESPNRadio980

Mike Shanahan says on @RGIII contract "That'll get done" , and also says he can workout here at #Redskins Park, + will return earlier.

--------------------

Shanny on RG3 "He's done a great job. From the 1st day, he's done everything he needs to do to grasp the position " #Redskins

--------------------

Mike Shanahan on RG3: "You can tell he enjoys going to work. It makes it fun for everybody." #Redskins

--------------------

Redskins ‏@Redskins

#Redskins HC Shanahan on @RGIII: "He's here early, staying late...there's so much he has to learn in the NFL...you can tell he enjoys it."

--------------------

Zac Boyer ‏@ZacBoyer

#Redskins' Shanahan on RG3: "You can tell that he enjoys it. When you have fun going to work, it's enjoyable for everybody."

--------------------

Mike Shanahan says RG3 carried the ball nearly 700 times in college and he has a natural feel for when to slide and when not to. #Redskins

--------------------

Shanahan on @RGIII "he makes it fun for everybody" but it is "a constant growing experience." #Redskins

--------------------

Zac Boyer ‏@ZacBoyer

#Redskins' Shanahan said protecting a QB "is a two-edged sword." Cites a QB knowing when to run as the biggest factor in him running.

--------------------

Mike Shanahan: Tim Hightower really wants to practice but giving him the 5 to 6 more wks of rest before camp will help him rehab. #Redskins

--------------------

Redskins ‏@Redskins

Shanahan says he trusts #Redskins QB @RGIII to know when to slide, when to run. Griffin III ran the ball about 700 times in college.

--------------------

Zac Boyer ‏@ZacBoyer

#Redskins' Shanahan said RB Hightower probably could use the next five weeks for ACL rehab, but was on the field for individual drills.

--------------------

Zac Boyer ‏@ZacBoyer

#Redskins' Shanahan praised K Rackers' competitive history and accomplishments, said Gano and he will likely compete through preseason.

--------------------

Mike Shanahan says that "chances are" Graham Gano and Neil Rackers will battle for the #Redskins' kicking duties until end of the preseason.

--------------------

Redskins ‏@Redskins

Shanahan confirms kicking competition will likely come down to the final roster cuts in the preseason. "Graham needs that competition."

--------------------

Shanahan "We brought Rackers in for a reason" says Gano had embraces competition

--------------------

Zac Boyer ‏@ZacBoyer

#Redskins' Shanahan: "We had almost all of our guys come in excellent shape this preseason."

--------------------

Redskins ‏@Redskins

Shanahan on #Redskins roster depth: "We have the most competition here that we've had in a long time."

--------------------

John Keim ‏@john_keim

Mike shanahan on madieu williams: "he can anticipate routes before most veterans can see them." #redskins

--------------------

Mike Shanahan on @MadieuWilliams "We have some great competition" & "he'll make our football team better." he is very bright, anticipates.

--------------------

Keenan Robinson ‏@KeenanRobinson1

Great day of work #HTTR

--------------------

ESPN 980 ‏@ESPNRadio980

Shanahan on @RGIII reacting more than thinking - "No question. If u have the passion, and it's important to you, you'll learn."

--------------------

John Keim ‏@john_keim

Shanahan says "without question" he can see #RG3 thinking less from three weeks ago. #redskins

--------------------

The Insider ‏@Insider

Quick hits: Observations from Redskins’ mini-camp: All 90 players on the Washington Redskins’ roster attended pr... http://wapo.st/OubCoh

--------------------

Mike Shanahan, asked if RB Roy Helu's durability is a concern, said the sample size is too small. Helu (hamstring) sat out today's practice.

--------------------

Seems as though the tweets are not coming in any more. Enjoy and have a great evening.

HTTR!

Highlight of practice: Acrobatic one-handed Pierre Garcon TD catch on a jump ball from RG3. Entire offense sprinted to endzone to celebrate.

Holy ****!

First, I need to see a video of this, please let there be a video of it.

Second, you KNOW the defense is going to be pissed off about this now.

Robert Griffin III on scrambling: "You can't play with fear." Says "if it's at the end of the game, I'm not sliding." #Redskins

I really do love this kid!

---------- Post added June-12th-2012 at 05:31 PM ----------

John Keim ‏@john_keim

Mike shanahan on madieu williams: "he can anticipate routes before most veterans can see them." #redskins

That is very high praise coming from Shanny.

Minicamp Day 1: Minnifield looking good

June 12, 2012, 6:22 pm SHARE THIS POST2 COMMENTS

The Redskins held the first practice of their three-day minicamp on Tuesday. Once again, they were able to take advantage of the presence of their new indoor field as the rainy conditions would have either cancelled or severely curtailed their activities.

No tweeting was allowed during the session, so here are some quick notes and observations in Twitter format:

-Jammal Brown is looking pretty spry. Should be fine to start the season but what about November?

--It looks like Maurice Hurt is packing a few more pounds than the 320 he is listed. After filling in at guard last year it looks like he is working strictly at tackle.

--Tim Hightower is looking better and better every week. He was doing some cutting after catching Short passes. Not 100 percent but getting there.

--Evan Royster is looking pretty quick. At this early point I would not be shocked to see him start multiple games this year.

--M. Williams did a good job moving to the ball to knock down an RG3 pass to Moss. Still not sure he's a lock for the 53 but he looked good there.

--Davis with a nice diving catch of an RG3 pass off of a rollout.

--We really haven't seen Griffin's vaunted deep ball accuracy yet. He just overthrew Moss by a good 10 yards on a play action rollout.

--Something to keep an eye on--Aldrick Robinson on kick returns. That is one aspect of the game that really can't be judged until preseason games start. Still, Robinson looks fluid and natural with a nice burst.

--Beau Reliford really looks the part of an NFL tight end and he is fluid and athletic. But he will need to have a big preseason if he is going to make it.

--Another diving catch for Davis. Maybe he is really, really getting serious about the game.

--In some serious and lively 11 on 11, rG3 completes passes to Davis, Moss, and Garcon twice. The last Garcon grab was a beauty, one handed in the end zone.

--Minnifield looks small out there, very skinny legs. But he moves well

--Robinson with a picture perfect grab of a picture perfect Cousins bomb. Robinson's stock could be on the rise.

--Rex threw behind a cutting Armstrong, allowing the ball to get knocked away. The next play he hit Paulsen deep down the middle for a TD. Good Rex, bad Rex.

--And then Rex gets picked by Minnifield, probably for six. Didn't see him.

--Bowen being held out today as he has been for most of camp after having a procedure done on his knee in April.

--Perhaps the pick earned Minnifield some extra reps. He has been out there a lot today.

--Roy Helu has not been participating in team drills as he is banged up. He has feature back ability but his consistent availability is a question mark.

--Minnifield again, breaking up an RG3 pass in the end zone. The guy is giving the coaches something positive to ponder for the rest of June and July.

--Lance Lewis taking advantage of his opportunity with a nice leaping end zone grab of a Cousins pass.

--Rackers clanks a 52 yarder off of the right upright after Gano nailed one from the same distance.

http://www.csnwashington.com/football-washington-redskins/redskins-talk/Minicamp-Day-1-Minnifield-looking-good?blockID=723688&feedID=6355

It looks like Maurice Hurt is packing a few more pounds than the 320 he is listed. After filling in at guard last year it looks like he is working strictly at tackle.

Very interesting note here

And great to hear that Minnifield is playing so well. It seems like we're due for another undrafted player to not only make the roster, but make a significant contribution to the team

Archived