Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I don't care to learn the Rules or how to title a thread so I won't be doing that anymore. (M.E.T.)

Redskins Ruckus

This was a tweet from Rich Tandler.

Cooley also said that he trusts his troublesome left knee is healthy, and that he still wants to be "the guy" at tight end. It might be a not so subtle hint he's hoping for a trade. Due $3.8 million and set to count $6.23 million against the cap, it's more likely he is released. May. 21 - 12:42 pm et
LINK

With those numbers against the cap, and our depth at the position, it might make sense to cut him. I never, ever thought I would say that. It does make sense though.

If Tandler's just going by this statement, then he's blowing it way out of proportion. Also, your title is misleading. Tandler didn't say that Cooley's likely to be released. He said he's more likely to be released than traded.

This was a tweet from Rich Tandler.

LINK

With those numbers against the cap, and our depth at the position, it might make sense to cut him. I never, ever thought I would say that. It does make sense though.

Wow - Tandler with a stretch there. What player DOESN'T WANT TO start. Then he takes that to "Cooley wants a trade" Then he takes that to Released.

Don't believe it, won't happen. Too valuable with the fact that after Davis, there isn't much to scream about at tight end.

Just a heads up, that thread title should probably be changed since this is only speculation and nothing more.

Cooley has always been up front and open with the media. Not sure why Tandler, a guy who is usually on point, would skip over that and speculate that there's any subtlety to Cooley's statement there. If you read the whole thing Cooley mentions how it'll be hard not being the guy at TE and playing behind Davis. I think he didn't mean anything more than that as he's never been subtle.

Having Cooley there believing he can still be the guy will actually be good for us. It keeps Fred honest and striving as well as potentially gives us two legitimate options at TE this year. His pay is certainly a question mark but if we can handle it for a year it's worth it so long as it doesn't come at the expense of any other young guys.

Wow - Tandler with a stretch there. What player DOESN'T WANT TO start. Then he takes that to "Cooley wants a trade" Then he takes that to Released.

Don't believe it, won't happen. Too valuable with the fact that after Davis, there isn't much to scream about at tight end.

Yeah - looks like he's got all the bases covered so he can say he called it.

Its not just Tandler.

They are all hinting that Cooley may be gone.

Quote from Cooley today "Contriubting on this offense will be a challenge for me"

i'm sure he's up to the challenge, but he's definitely fighting for his job.

Where'd you get that quote from? According to the link in the OP, he only said contributing behind Fred Davis "will be a challenge". Basically, that he's always been the guy and he's used to that so being the 2nd TE is tough... not exactly big news.

Archived