Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I don't care to learn the Rules or how to title a thread so I won't be doing that anymore. (M.E.T.)

Redskins Ruckus

This has wheels and we have been consistantly putting it out cooley wasn't safe on the podcast for a reason. This is nothing new at all.

A lot of folk are in denial because of what Cooley means to the franchise and community at large man. This will rage heatedly until such time as he's no longer in our employ.

Only reason I started the appreciation thread was that I didn't think I was being premature down to all the talk from the guys that follow the team close up on a day-to-day basis.

Hail.

I would not have posted this thread if I didn't have reason to believe Cooley might be on his way out. I cannot substantiate anything else other than Tandler's tweets, so there was no reason to try and include what I have. Cooley, as well, has been extremely quiet on his blog, twitter, and other forms of media--something that is not characteristic of him during this time of year.

I wish Cooley had gotten that knee taken care of in 2005 (when he originally hurt it). If he did, then he may not have had so many issues with it. He finally had surgery on it in 2011, but didn't get the same level of rehab because of the lockout.

I would not have posted this thread if I didn't have reason to believe Cooley might be on his way out. I cannot substantiate anything else other than Tandler's tweets, so there was no reason to try and include what I have. Cooley, as well, has been extremely quiet on his blog, twitter, and other forms of media--something that is not characteristic of him during this time of year.

Why not just title your thread correctly? Because as it stands the title is WAAAAAY off.

Nobody said Cooley was likely to be released...except you.

Tandler speculated that Cooley might--MIGHT--have been insinuating that he MIGHT possibly be wanting a trade...maybe.

Tandler then said that, if so--IF--that because of his salary, the Skins probably wouldn't get trade offers for him...and because of that, if--IF--he's no longer with the team it will most likely be due to being released and not traded.

None of that comes across in how you titled the thread. Hell, you didn't even bother putting "Rumor" in the tread title until someone told you to :ols:...

Why would he want to keep him? We have franchise TE already.

Because a good TE is a QB's best friend and our "franchise TE" (way too early to say that IMO) is one puff away from a year long vacation. Niles Paul couldn't get on the field much at his natural position and frankly I see him as a long shot to see much playing time at TE.

Why not just title your thread correctly? Because as it stands the title is WAAAAAY off.

Nobody said Cooley was likely to be released...except you.

Tandler speculated that Cooley might--MIGHT--have been insinuating that he MIGHT possibly be wanting a trade...maybe.

Tandler then said that, if so--IF--that because of his salary, the Skins probably wouldn't get trade offers for him...and because of that, if--IF--he's no longer with the team it will most likely be due to being released and not traded.

None of that comes across in how you titled the thread. Hell, you didn't even bother putting "Rumor" in the tread title until someone told you to :ols:...

Report me to the administrators. Thanks for your contribution to the thread. Edit: I forgot the smiley face :)

Report me to the administrators. Thanks for your contribution to the thread. Edit: I forgot the smiley face :)

Or you could stop being so sensitive about your thread, read the rules, and title it correctly...

Generally, when you link to an article, you title the thread what the article is titled, and when someone tries to help you out, you don't get all Sensative Sally on them...

or you both can just lighten up and get on with your lives...

sheesh.

Or we could all join hands around a campfire, sing Kumbaya, and title threads however the **** we want, accuracy be damned. Who cares about the rules anyway? They're only there for the man to put us down anyway.

I'm surprised at the fact that people are surprised that this could happen. The writing has been on the wall for a while now. Fans need to stop holding onto a players past success and realize that player might be a shadow of his former self.

It's a shame, but it's reality.

I'm surprised at the fact that people are surprised that this could happen. The writing has been on the wall for a while now. Fans need to stop holding onto a players past success and realize that player might be a shadow of his former self.

It's a shame, but it's reality.

The problem is, nobody connected to the OP or the linked article says that Cooley is "likely to be released".

Whether or not it's a possibility is one million percent irrelevant.

I think hes going to be with the team but Shanallen have been totally rebuilding this team. I heard something like 13 cerrato players are left on the roster.

I also think he would likely be traded vs released. That isn't a huge salary especially for a team player who I can't imagine does anything but improves locker rooms and those around him. Shanny is always about picking up picks even if they are lower than armchair GMs might want.

The problem is, nobody connected to the OP or the linked article says that Cooley is "likely to be released".

Whether or not it's a possibility is one million percent irrelevant.

I'm pretty certain most people realize that it's just speculation. Sheesh.

I think hes going to be with the team but Shanallen have been totally rebuilding this team. I heard something like 13 cerrato players are left on the roster.

I also think he would likely be traded vs released. That isn't a huge salary especially for a team player who I can't imagine does anything but improves locker rooms and those around him. Shanny is always about picking up picks even if they are lower than armchair GMs might want.

If the Bucs release Winslow (like all the reports say they are) then I would immediately see what they're willing to part with for Cooley. They're looking at signing Dallas Clark, and Cooley is just as effective (if not moreso) and a lot younger than Clark.

Because a good TE is a QB's best friend and our "franchise TE" (way too early to say that IMO) is one puff away from a year long vacation. Niles Paul couldn't get on the field much at his natural position and frankly I see him as a long shot to see much playing time at TE.

The way Shanny talks about Paul, I expect him to be an integral part of the offense.

If the Bucs release Winslow (like all the reports say they are) then I would immediately see what they're willing to part with for Cooley. They're looking at signing Dallas Clark, and Cooley is just as effective (if not moreso) and a lot younger than Clark.

+1

I was thinking the very same reading the Winslow thread earlier.

It'd certainly be to our detriment to not at the very least explore the possibility. Even a low round pick is better than no pick.

Hail.

I'm pretty certain most people realize that it's just speculation. Sheesh.

It's not even that, though lol...it's not even being speculated in the OP that Cooley is "likely" being released.

---------- Post added May-21st-2012 at 12:09 PM ----------

The way Shanny talks about Paul, I expect him to be an integral part of the offense.

The way Mike and Kyle Shanahan talked about Cooley I expected the same thing lol...

Archived