Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The ES 2012 Draft days thread (Day 3)

PCS

if Kiper was as good at his job as ESPN wants us to believe, he would have been hired by an NFL team long ago.

That's such a ridiculous attempt at criticism people keep repeating over and over. Yeah, why doesn't Kiper give up the millions and millions of dollars he earns to go slog away in a front office somewhere?

Multiple NFL teams subscribe to Kiper's publications, for the record.

I think what alot of people forget to is that Kiper and other analysts can only project so much, more of an overall outlook so to say. Each team breaks down players on how they fit into their system. This is why some teams view certain players higher or lower on their boards. So with LeRib what might have looked like a reach and may have been a reach for others was a great pick for us. Everyone has complained about needing Oline, well we got some Oline. Hope we pick up Baylors center and Joe adams now. Not impressed with the safetyies left. Prob address that next year.

I agree with the Mel Kiper comment. He does the draft for a living but he makes mistakes. So that is why no one really listens to him otherwise the draft would go exactly how Kiper put it in his mock draft.

I don't think that LiRibeus was a reach. LiRibeus must have been productive enough to be taken that high especially since Allen/Shanahan have done well drafting players the year and a half.

Read on tweeter and a post here lastnight by someone...

That the Chiefs and Texans would have picked him. I trust our FO.

Hopefully they get Miles Burris in the 6th =P

You don't care if the guy ends up playing for the team for the next 15 years, while in the 3rd round a team typically has only a 25% chance of picking a player that will even be a decent player? If that is an area of need and they felt they would not be able to draft him in the 4th, then I can see why they would do it.

My personal opinion is, I would not, but the Raiders who picked Sebastian Janakowski in the first round are not crying that they did either. :shrug:

Yeah how has that kicker gotten won them a superbowl?

My point is you use draft picks on IMPACT PLAYERS. not someone who gonna be on the field for 3-4 snaps at most

I agree with the Mel Kiper comment. He does the draft for a living but he makes mistakes. So that is why no one really listens to him otherwise the draft would go exactly how Kiper put it in his mock draft.

They all make mistakes - scouts, coaches - everyone. It does take talent to evaluate talent.

DL coach for the Redskins did not want Calais Campbell

RB coach did not want Shady McCoy

Archived