Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The ES 2012 Draft days thread (Day 3)

PCS

The NFL Network is worthless. They're not even showing the picks.

Edit: round four doesnt start till noon. NFL Network is still worthless.

It's better then ESPN, during round three they didnt really show the selection being made at the podium. They completely skipped over the analysis for the Josh LeRiberius pick.

The glass is more than half full, unless your standing on your head. (My new quote for mock fan syndrome)

---------- Post added April-28th-2012 at 10:06 AM ----------

Proof, last year this FO picked 12 players, 11 of which saw playing time, 1 was injured and is expected to contribute this year. You know not what you speak of.

To be fair, Vinny did something similar... Yes 10 saw playing time (pretty sure both Jenkins and Robinson did not?), but one could argue that was a testament to how talent-poor this team was, as opposed to the FO's greatness.

I, for one, totally trust this FO and I've liked just about everything they've done... just playing devil's advocate.

The glass is more than half full, unless your standing on your head. (My new quote for mock fan syndrome)

---------- Post added April-28th-2012 at 10:06 AM ----------

http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh7/antmott/115.jpg

Proof, last year this FO picked 12 players, 11 of which saw playing time, 1 was injured and is expected to contribute this year. You know not what you speak of.

You may be right but it also proves my point that -that is why the team rarely makes the playoffs. Maybe they shouldn't be playing or maybe they aren't ready.???

Today should be a little more fun for us. 6 picks with 2 in the 4th to start out with. Yesterday was boring!

I've only seen a couple of highlights off a few prospects so I'm just in a wait and see mode. I'll find out about the player we drafted for the first time after we get him most likely. Unless it's a guy like Joe Adams, Chris Polk, Lamar Miller or Juron Criner. I think those 4 guys are the only ones I've seen any of.

So anyway, good luck to everyone involved with our draft today. I hope we knock a few of the remaining picks out of the park.

You may be right but it also proves my point that -that is why the team rarely makes the playoffs. Maybe they shouldn't be playing or maybe they aren't ready.???

You really think that 11 out of 12 rookies getting on the field is a bad thing?

Yes it's a sign of injuries and a lack of depth, but seriously think they were intentionally playing sub par players?

The Patriots had all but one of their draft last year see playing time...going to make that argument for them too?

It's better then ESPN, during round three they didnt really show the selection being made at the podium. They completely skipped over the analysis for the Josh LeRiberius pick.

Both networks always start doing that after the second round. It's annoying, but just expect a lot of it today.

I kind of understand it to an extent, but when you're covering the 4th-7th rounds today, you would think they would be telling us who is getting picked there rather than rehashing 1st and 2nd round picks.

Yeah espn is terrible, but I was watching in the computer so I had no choice, nfl.com coverage is terrible... They should just show their tv coverage online. It seems like ESPN is more interested in getting their analyst on tv, instead of the picks. And Berman is an idiot who randomly says stuff, Gruden was the only enjoyable analyst on that team, but all fail by comparison to mayock

I think what most people you're referring to as being "testy" are about is just the expected, normal, (and desired by many of us) more blunt challenges made to poorly supported criticisms or outright stupidly expressed positions. I know that's what will always be the only thing that I'll challenge harshly.

Yeah, there are some ridiculous posts in this vein. Although I love this FO, I guess I take issue with people that raise holy hell when someone has a criticism, particularly one that isn't expressed in a numbskull fashion. The driveby "stupid pick!" posters deserve what they get.

BTW, great example you posted :). Came in like they were cued. :)

LiRibeus was a reach. That said, what is a reach? A reach is a player that most analysyts think one can get later in the draft. It doesn't mean consensus is right and therefore teams sometime play it safe but it is still a reach. Personally, I'm more of a gambler, I'd have tried to get him in the 5th.

LiRibeus was a reach. That said, what is a reach? A reach is a player that most analysyts think one can get later in the draft. It doesn't mean consensus is right and therefore teams sometime play it safe but it is still a reach. Personally, I'm more of a gambler, I'd have tried to get him in the 5th.

Agreed. We have no idea how LeRibeus was rated on Shanny and Allen's board. Plus, didn't they get to work with him during the Senior Bowl? So maybe they something in him they liked.

Even Mayock suggested that we would get him with that pick, like seriously, who knows which teams were interested. Houston and the chiefs both took a lineman right afterwards. I feel that teams with entire scouting departments are better at projecting players than one guy is (kiper).

The Patriots had all but one of their draft last year see playing time...going to make that argument for them too?

That's not true. Lee Smith was released, Markell Carter was on the PS all year and Mallett never played. Apparently Malcolm Williams saw the field at some point, but he never accumulated any stats, so I'm not positive about him.

Even Mayock suggested that we would get him with that pick, like seriously, who knows which teams were interested. Houston and the chiefs both took a lineman right afterwards. I feel that teams with entire scouting departments are better at projecting players than one guy is (kiper).

Oh I know and agree. I assume he was the #1 guy on our board at the time. I'm just saying I would have gambled that he wasn't at risk of getting picked prior to our 5th round pick. The Redskins played it safe and that is OK I just would have played it differently.

Lol the jags were picking so well too.... DE + WR .... then punter??? I dont care if hes pro bowler for next 15 years... its a punter lol
You don't care if the guy ends up playing for the team for the next 15 years, while in the 3rd round a team typically has only a 25% chance of picking a player that will even be a decent player? If that is an area of need and they felt they would not be able to draft him in the 4th, then I can see why they would do it.

My personal opinion is, I would not, but the Raiders who picked Sebastian Janakowski in the first round are not crying that they did either. :shrug:

He visited Valley Ranch and the Cowboys were really high on him. Gil Brandt, even though a Cowboy FO guy from years past, is an evaluator I really respect and he had this young man going in the 3rd round. Brandt says he didn't really fit his college team's system but that he will excel at ZBS. I'm happy, think we got a good one and really have to chuckle at those posters who think they know better than Shanahan who to draft, especially OL.

Oh I know and agree. I assume he was the #1 guy on our board at the time. I'm just saying I would have gambled that he wasn't at risk of getting picked prior to our 5th round pick. The Redskins played it safe and that is OK I just would have played it differently.

Yeah I feel ya, that was my first thought as well. But then I thought that maybe they liked him a lot and didn't want to take a chance... But whatever, if he starts this year, I won't care who we gave up.

Archived