Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Reports: Packers to cut safety Nick Collins

terpskins10

This news doesn't seem to go with what they were saying a month ago. They said the surgery went well and he looked great. I wonder if he had a set back.

Possibly. If healthy, he would have been a better addition than Jackson and Williams were for us. Looks like that is a big "if", though, since the Packers let him go.

That's unfortunate for Collins, and it's a huge blow to the Packers. They really need to find a way to replace Collins' play or else they will never be able to catch up to the Giants.

Yes, very hard to catch up to 9-7. :doh:

Tell me, do you work at being such a big troll or does it come natural to you?

I hope Collins ends up being okay. It sounds like the Packers really didn't feel comfortable putting him back on the field. Given the caliber player he is, they must really have doubts about his injury.

Before any results of the operation came out, McCarthy came out and said that if Collins was his son, he would not play. The last thing McCarthy and Thompson are worried about is how much he can do if he comes back; they just don't want to see him get hurt. Personally, I was caught off guard, because I thought they were going to wait for the expert opinions before making the final decision; maybe their own medical staff raised enough of a question that made the expert's opinion moot.

Either way, I'd love to see him come back as a defensive coach. I believe he wanted to become a coach eventually and spent a lot of time after the surgery helping out the secondary in practice.

Yes, very hard to catch up to 9-7. :doh:

Tell me, do you work at being such a big troll or does it come natural to you?

I'm not following you. Who cares about the regular season record? When it mattered the most, the Giants wiped the floor with the Green Bay. And their porous defense played a big role in that. If you could ask Aaron Rodgers, right now, who do you think he would say had the better season? The Packers or the Giants?

I'm not following you. Who cares about the regular season record? When it mattered the most, the Giants wiped the floor with the Green Bay. And their porous defense played a big role in that. If you could ask Aaron Rodgers, right now, who do you think he would say had the better season? The Packers or the Giants?

Better season? The Packers. Better postseason? Giants.

It's pretty obvious trolling when you try to turn every thread in ATN into a Giants thread. You must have had a lot of practice.

Yeah, I know. I can't believe the 49ers would let one of their players do that. They are such a dirty, classless organization. Don't you agree?
Looks like the Niners need to get Jacobs away from where the bad influences are. Where the incident took place, and where his former team is. lol. You gotta be careful who you get from the classless G-ants operation. You can do well with a Cofield, or get stuck with a Jacobs.

---------- Post added April-26th-2012 at 09:50 AM ----------

And he just came back from a few days off, courtesy of the mods.
Was that Joe, or the other G-ants troll?

Before any results of the operation came out, McCarthy came out and said that if Collins was his son, he would not play. The last thing McCarthy and Thompson are worried about is how much he can do if he comes back; they just don't want to see him get hurt. Personally, I was caught off guard, because I thought they were going to wait for the expert opinions before making the final decision; maybe their own medical staff raised enough of a question that made the expert's opinion moot.

Either way, I'd love to see him come back as a defensive coach. I believe he wanted to become a coach eventually and spent a lot of time after the surgery helping out the secondary in practice.

That right there is a huge shame. If that's the case, I hope he does retire. It's great to see a coach who cares, surprising coming from the Andy I'll play anybody with an obvious concussion Reid tree.

Archived