Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Nats Thread (old thread link inside, too many load issues)

hunterx

Is that an actual rumor or just some dude talking out of his ass--like us here?

Yeah I don't buy that. Why would the Yankees, who are an older team, trade their best young player for some good to decent pieces?

Edit: Cano is 30, didn't realize that. But still, I can't see them making that deal.

Is that an actual rumor or just some dude talking out of his ass--like us here?

not sure but its according to MLB network. I know the yankees are trying to get younger because they have too much money into few players. Cano also had 1 year left on his deal i believe

With everyone else we have to sign coming up soon I can't picture giving Cano a big deal after his contract is up after this year. That would be a ton to give up for a one year rental.

But... If they have visions of Rendon playing 2B in 2014 it could make sense.

I would be surprised if this was done without Cano committing to a long term deal with the Nats.

Maybe they're thinking Rendon/RZim to 1B in 2015 after the LaRoche deal is finished.

RCano at 2b would be huge. HUGE....

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/nationals-journal/wp/2013/01/16/nationals-trade-michael-morse-for-a-j-cole-in-three-team-deal/

The Nationals traded slugger Michael Morse to the Seattle Mariners in a three-way trade that netted them right-hander A.J. Cole, the pitching prospect who last winter served as the centerpiece of the trade that brought Gio Gonzalez from the Oakland A’s to the Nationals. The Mariners sent catcher John Jaso to the Oakland to complete the deal.

Washington Nationals

Cole, originally drafted by #Nats, ranked as #Athletics top pitching prospect, 3rd-best overall by Baseball America

Treinen struck out 92 and walked just 23 in 24 appearances (15 starts) in the California League in 2012

______

These sound like some great prospects. Awesome job again by Rizzo!

Sucks Morse is gone, but ya'll are right that he was the odd man out at this point. This team on paper does look better to me then last years squad, so it will be about consistent hitting, especially in the playoffs, to see how far this team is going to go. Front office is acting very aggressively, and that's what I want to see out of any sports team I root for. The Nationals want rings...

Michael MorseVerified

‏@Dc_BEAST38

To all my D.C. Fans , I'm forever grateful for the love and support you have shown me from day 1

Michael MorseVerified

‏@Dc_BEAST38

I will always have a spot for you and this incredible franchise in my heart.

Michael MorseVerified

‏@Dc_BEAST38

I would like to thank the Lerners and Mike Rizzo for giving me the opportunity to play everyday .

Michael MorseVerified

‏@Dc_BEAST38

We made magic last year and I will never forget the Natitude! I will miss my teammates and the moments we've shared.

Michael MorseVerified

‏@Dc_BEAST38

It has been an awesome 4 years, and now it's on to the next chapter. D.C., it has been a fun ride ....Always Beastmode

they gotta play Take On Me when he comes back to Nats Park

Archived