Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Michael Bay is changing TMNT in to Teenage ALIEN Ninja Turtles

d0ublestr0ker0ll

what, that awesome script that fans need to chill down because we haven't read? thank goodness someone put a stop to this madness.

Where was the "script problems" guy when TMNT3 was in production? Could this movie possibly be worse than that? I've never seen any of this Bay guy's movies, so it's unimaginable. He seems like an idiot, but I'm not sure he could make a worse movie than the steaming pile of excrement that was TMNT3.

The original comics guy was working with Bay and crew on the script. I'm willing to bet that disagreements between those two parties is why it fell through. Bay is horrible and the creator has enough integrity to not let his work be destroyed by a complete hack who doesn't belong in movies. I would love to see a new turtles movie, but with Bay as director, or involved in anyway, I'm very, very glad there won;t be a new movie.

I never really get this. Why take a property and then change it so dramatically? If you want to tell a new story with new characters then that's what you should do. If you want to tell a Sherlock Holmes story, there has to be logical deduction, a violin, and Watson. If you want to tell a Tarzan story there needs to be a jungle and some apes. If you want to tell a Robin Hood story, he has to be British and he has to rob from the rich to give to the poor (Yes, I still haven't forgiven you Kevin Costner) If you want to do a Batman story or James Bond story, there has to be gadgets and a cool car, some detective work, and an awesome fight scene. Smallville showed you can do Superman without a cape and be pretty true to the character and myth.

If you are going to do teenage mutant ninja turtles... there are four necessary aspects... it's kinda built into the name.

More, Bay certainly has enough cred, money, and backing to make an original movie. He doesn't have to tell his space reptile story under the cover of TNMT. But if you want to do TNMT, you need a wise old rat and wise cracking teenage mutants. Not sure if you need April, but you need sewers, a New York like sewer, and mutant teenagers who are turtle and ninjas in training.

If you are going to do teenage mutant ninja turtles... there are four necessary aspects... it's kinda built into the name.

More, Bay certainly has enough cred, money, and backing to make an original movie. He doesn't have to tell his space reptile story under the cover of TNMT. But if you want to do TNMT, you need a wise old rat and wise cracking teenage mutants. Not sure if you need April, but you need sewers, a New York like sewer, and mutant teenagers who are turtle and ninjas in training.

And pizza. You absolutely have to have pizza.

The original comics guy was working with Bay and crew on the script. I'm willing to bet that disagreements between those two parties is why it fell through. Bay is horrible and the creator has enough integrity to not let his work be destroyed by a complete hack who doesn't belong in movies. I would love to see a new turtles movie, but with Bay as director, or involved in anyway, I'm very, very glad there won;t be a new movie.

Sure Bay is terrible. But the creator having integrity about his work? It's a children's cartoon from the 80's about mutated turtles tended by a giant rat, addicted to pizza, living in the sewers below New York, using karate to fight crime. Come on.

Not to mention, horrible live action movies have already been made of the cartoon.

---------- Post added June-16th-2012 at 08:06 AM ----------

Where was the "script problems" guy when TMNT3 was in production? Could this movie possibly be worse than that? I've never seen any of this Bay guy's movies, so it's unimaginable. He seems like an idiot, but I'm not sure he could make a worse movie than the steaming pile of excrement that was TMNT3.

You've really never seen a Michael Bay movie?

Sure Bay is terrible. But the creator having integrity about his work? It's a children's cartoon from the 80's about mutated turtles tended by a giant rat, addicted to pizza, living in the sewers below New York, using karate to fight crime. Come on.

Not to mention, horrible live action movies have already been made of the cartoon.

The Turtles were initially a comic book, actually. But yes the 1987 cartoon was quite popular and was able to run for 10 seasons, 193 episodes. There's a lot invested in that for those of us who grew up on it. As for the movies, I, for one, still enjoy the first two live-action movies.

He shouldn't have any integrity because it's TV and film geared towards children?

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles was a grand slam in its targeted demographic. You don't go whipping up storylines like The Departed when making a movie for kids. There will be fantasy, the need to use your imagination. So yes, the storyline is outlandish, like it's supposed to be.

This guy has every right to preserve his creation. Silly cartoon for kids, or otherwise.

---------- Post added June-16th-2012 at 08:06 AM ----------

The creator was the original guy for the comic book, which came before the cartoon and was grittier. The alien part is actually ok, because really it was that the ooze was alien in nature, and later on those aliens come to Earth for a fight.

And yes, even for a concept such as TMNT, a person can care enough that their work doesn't get turned into an awful movie for the sake of collecting a big check.

Not that I'm aware of. Don't really care for the modern American film industry. Judging on what's being said about Bay in this thread, I'm not missing much, aside from explosions. Something tells me I wouldn't be a fan.

And, now, for the kill shot ...

I have pooped things that were more entertaining to look at than the first movie. Never saw the second.

Too much information... Seriously dude... no one wants to hear about your toys. :silly::movefast:

That said, they were terrible, but in a good way. The Bob Hope/Bing Crosby, the Abott and Costello movies were all terrible too... but they were wonderful and entertaining at the same time. TMNT movies (going off memory because I haven't seen them in at least a decade) were that kind of good/bad or bad/good movie.

TMNT 1 was actually a dark film for being a kids movie. The entire gang hideout in the warehouse was pretty hardcore to see as an 8 year old. Kids smoking cigars, sparring and getting their asses whipped by the master. Then Shredder, who was practically Darth Vader in a different outfit, had a knack for smacking the crap out of any person standing in front of him.

The fighting in that movie is awesome, I'm sorry, but to be in those outfits while pulling off those moves so cleanly is impressive as hell. Again, the movie was overall pretty raw for being a kids movie. The fighting was brutal to the point that Raphael got put in to a coma for a week.

I remember the character Danny stealing money from his dad and thinking, "WOW, that dude is INSANE to steal from his dad." I never even thought of doing that at that point in my life, and here's this crazy high schooler joining the worst gang in the city stealing money from his dad. I lost a little faith in humanity at that point, only to be reassured at the end when he gives the money back to his father. Wow man, that really taught me about some ****. Stealing is bad, being honest about mistakes is good.

Then you have this dude Casey Jones, who, first of all, beats the best fighter in the Ninja Turtles right off the bat. Then he smashes a bunch of dudes upside the head with a cricket stick or whatever the hell it is - inside a house engulfed in flames. That was a hardcore scene man.

The craziest thing that happened was when Splinter drops Shredder "without honor" in to the garbage truck. Casey walks over to it, says "OOPS!" and pulls the crusher handle. Smash, ew, look at it, is that blood??? Aww man, it's going so slow, aww man! He's getting pancaked. Wow. Cowabunga?

It's all about perspective, put yourselves in a kid's shoes. The live action TMNT movie was stunning to say the least. It really got me locked in as a Ninja Turtles fan. After that movie, I had to have all the games, all the action figures, you name it.

I can still, to this day, remember dancing during the Vanilla Ice "Ninja Rap" scene with my cousins. And yeah, Casey Jones was a badass

I forget which movie it was where the ugly ass dinosaur looking think gets trapped, the floor/ceiling during a fight, and one of the turtles (probably Michaelangelo) starts tickeling it's feet and driving it insane. Hysterical.

That said, they were terrible, but in a good way. The Bob Hope/Bing Crosby, the Abott and Costello movies were all terrible too... but they were wonderful and entertaining at the same time. TMNT movies (going off memory because I haven't seen them in at least a decade) were that kind of good/bad or bad/good movie.

They were great fun, in a B movie kind of way. I've seen both recently, and they're really cheesy, but still better than most American movies today. Kind of like an Evil Dead thing....although not quite as amusing as those films. Neither are literary masterpieces, but they really don't need to be that to be entertaining. Now the third movie takes the cheesiness to an intolerable level, granted. Like others have said, the first two were pretty dark for a kids movie. Third one had none of that, was just stupid pop culture references and general goofiness. On a side note, can anyone tell me why all my paragraphs get smashed together when posting on this site now? It never used to happen and it's driving me nuts lol

Wasn't the third one about them going back in time to feudal Japan or something? I remember watching it once, a looong time ago, and being very unimpressed.

Yep, that's the one. You were right to be unimpressed, they had so many villans to choose from, and we got a bunch of never before seen ancient samurai. Who didn't want to see ****ing Krang already? Ugh.

I even would've settled for the Rat King.

Not even going to comment on the sickening dialouge, or the dumbing down of the Turtles to stooge levels.

I can still, to this day, remember dancing during the Vanilla Ice "Ninja Rap" scene with my cousins. And yeah, Casey Jones was a badass

I forget which movie it was where the ugly ass dinosaur looking think gets trapped, the floor/ceiling during a fight, and one of the turtles (probably Michaelangelo) starts tickeling it's feet and driving it insane. Hysterical.

TMNT 2: Secret of the Ooze. Tokka, an ooze-mutated alligator snapping turtle, tried to follow the turtles down a manhole and got caught because of his over-sized spiky shell.

Archived