Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Voting for the "Greatest Team of All Time" (Redskins teams from '82, '83, '87, and '91 included in brackets)

Commander PK

11 organizations have teams with 3 or more teams years in the bracket. These teams aren't surprising at all. I hope the coming years produce more teams that could be in a bracket like this. I mean if the 11 Giants can be on there...

Raiders, Packers, Patriots, Giants, Cowboys, Redskins, 49ers, Vikings, Dolphins, Colts, Steelers

don't get your hopes up. it's a simple popularity contest. the fact that the '91 redskins were one of the top 3 most dominant teams of all time will not matter - they'll be lucky to make it through round 2. heck they are barely beating the thoroughly ordinary 1970 colts right now. the last 20 years of embarassment and failure is even tainting our legacy at this point.

or if we do pull out a win in votes it will be retroactively penalized so that some Giants team wins.

Zing!

RogerMara: on second thought the Giants should have won the Super Bowl in in 82' date=' 87, and 91. The Redskins had an unfair advantage with the "Hogs"[/i']

I've always thought that the '83 team was the best Redskins team ever, but that damn Super Bowl loss spoiled it. Most points ever at the time, largest turnover differential ever (I think it's still the NFL record?) and a 1,000 yard receiver and a 1,000 yard back. That team should have gone down as one of the best ever in the Super Bowl era.

don't get your hopes up. it's a simple popularity contest. the fact that the '91 redskins were one of the top 3 most dominant teams of all time will not matter - they'll be lucky to make it through round 2. heck they are barely beating the thoroughly ordinary 1970 colts right now. the last 20 years of embarassment and failure is even tainting our legacy at this point.

Maybe not. '91 Skins won the super team simulation season on ESPN last year (or was it two years ago...)

http://promo.espn.go.com/espn/promotions/nfl/superleague/

If they make it to the second round, they may have to face the '82 Redskins. What's up with that? Of course, the '82 Skins matchup is 50/50 with the 2007 Giants now

I've always thought that the '83 team was the best Redskins team ever, but that damn Super Bowl loss spoiled it. Most points ever at the time, largest turnover differential ever (I think it's still the NFL record?) and a 1,000 yard receiver and a 1,000 yard back. That team should have gone down as one of the best ever in the Super Bowl era.

They win SB18, no question they would have been remembered as one of the great teams since the merger.

If they had won that one measley game against Los Angeles:

37-6 record over their last 43 games

29-3 record over the last two seasons (2 of those losses by 1 point)

Back to back Super Bowl Champions

Winners of 12 games in a row

I still feel they are the best Redskins team I've seen and should be remembered as one of the great teams period.

Our 1991-92 team from 1-53, top to bottom, offense to defense to special teams was our best team ever and one of the most complete teams ever in the league. I would put that team up against ANY former champion. They still have the largest margin of victory in league history amongst the SB winners.

No joke, you should see the comments for the '06 Colts vs the 87 Skins. People are so delusional

Well, we are into the second round and the only Redskins team still in the running is the 1991 Redskins. The good news right now is that team is beating the '07 Giants (as well they should.)

Get in there and vote, and let's keep them going.

---------- Post added March-16th-2012 at 12:29 AM ----------

Well, we are into the second round and the only Redskins team still in the running is the 1991 Redskins. The good news right now is that team is beating the '07 Giants (as well they should.)

Get in there and vote, and let's keep them going.

---------- Post added March-16th-2012 at 12:34 AM ----------

Our 1991-92 team from 1-53, top to bottom, offense to defense to special teams was our best team ever and one of the most complete teams ever in the league. I would put that team up against ANY former champion. They still have the largest margin of victory in league history amongst the SB winners.

If this thing wasn't just a popularity contest that team deserves to at least be in the Final 4. I doubt they make it that far, but they should.

Not a Ravens fan so I may be wrong on this,but isn't that the team that didn't score any TDs for a few games and had Trent Dilfer as the QB? I was only 11yrs old when the Skins beat the Bills that year(and for some reason I remember the '87 super bowl alot more than '91)but my father would always tell me how much they dominated pretty much everyone that year.

I think Patriots fans know how we feel yet theirs is much harder to swallow.

Archived