Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Snippets from Bruce Allen's press conference (via Twitter / granthpaulsen)

Was this reported anywhere, because I didn't see it...

Anyway, here are the snippets for now, a full write up is apparently coming soon.

@granthpaulsen

Bruce Allen on cap space: "We have sufficient cap room to execute the plan for this year

and next year. We feel comfortable right now."

Allen on Fletcher: "I'm not going to hide behind the fact that we love London.. We hope he's a Redskin."

Fletcher becomes a UFA on TUES.

Bruce Allen on negotiations with London Fletcher: "We've had discussions with his agent over the last

month or two. We'll see what happens."

Bruce Allen stated that the #Redskins would like to get a long-term deal done with Fred Davis at some point.

Bruce Allen on Fred Davis: "We franchised Fred because he was our most valuable free agent we couldn't

get a deal done with." #Redskins

Allen on Dan Snyder: "He gave us his 1000 percent support. He wanted us to do what we thought was the

appropriate thing & he embraced it."

BruceAllen: "Coach and I have talked for a couple yrs about building around draft, getting players that are

born in the burgundy and gold."

Bruce Allen called Peyton Manning "a great player" who deserves "to be in the Hall of Fame when still playing."

Bruce Allen: "What we thought (we) needed was another infusion of youth. And we put a little bit of a jolt in it for

the 2012 draft."

BruceAllen: "The QB position is the most demanding position in all of sports. What's expected out of that position

is incredible." #Redskins

BruceAllen on cost of trade "We understand it was a heavy price but when you bought your home you probably

wanted to pay a little less too."

Bruce Allen on trading up to No. 2: "Clearly we fell in love with two players, and we believe one of those players

will be a great Redskin."

Bruce Allen: The #Redskins have fallen in love with two draft prospects and they're now confident they will get one of them.

BruceAllen on cost of trade "We understand it was a heavy price but when you bought your home you probably

wanted to pay a little less too."

Yesssss. This is a great way to sum up the cost. We are in good hands.

Great reply.

In an alternate dimension somewhere :

Reporter : "Vinny Cerrato, do you think too much was given to trade up to #2 to get either Andrew Luck or RG3?"

Cerrato : "You mean the picks and stuff?"

hahaha

cerratoeagles09bpregame.jpg

Reporter : "Vinny Cerrato, do you think too much was given to trade up to #2 to get either Andrew Luck or RG3?"

Too funny, this was one of the best posts of the night. :cheers:

F Vinny (and F the cowboys for good measure)

Bruce Allen: "What we thought (we) needed was another infusion of youth.

Definitely not Vinny's philosophy. Thank God we have Allen.

---------- Post added March-10th-2012 at 08:35 PM ----------

Vinny: since we just gave Peyton Manning a 7 year, 130 million dollar contract we feel confident in looking at a defensive end or running back for that sixth pick.

link here to video on the main site who want to watch/listen themselves.

Reporter: "You said you fell in love with two players. Can we ask you your opinion of Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin the 3rd?"

Allen: "You can ask."

Reporter: "Ok, what's your opinion of Robert Griffin the 3rd?"

Allen: "...You can ask."

:ols: :ols:

Oh man, I laughed hard.

But I'll bet that if Vinny was still here we'd have fewer picks after some silly trade we made in the last two years, and Fisher wouldn't accept a trade of three 1sts and a 2nd from us anyway, just like with the Sanchez thing.

If Vinny was still here, I bet the news would be about the Browns, not us.

**brrrrrrr** I feel sorry for the people in that alternate universe (and am jealous of the people in the universe where we drafted Brees and have won 4 SBs in the past 10 years).

My favorite quote is this:

Bruce Allen on cap space: "We have sufficient cap room to execute the plan for this year

and next year. We feel comfortable right now."

If everything is proceeding according to their designs, I feel very confident about where this team is going.

Edit: Just watched the video and he mentioned Boise St.

Oh no....we're drafting Kellen Moore.

Archived