Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Foxsports: Fletcher isn't afraid to leave Redskins

Oldskool

we dont need a prima donnah trying to shake down the team for money when there are lots of other players who have to be signed.

i love fletch, but no one is above the Skins as a team!

This is his last professional contract. I don't hold it against London for playing hard ball....prima donna is a bit extreme. He just can't be upset if he is playing for another team next year.

With him firing his agent I think it only increases the likelihood that he goes (although I think he'd quickly change his mind if we execute the deal for RGIII). We need to prep to replace him. Out of the options available I like McClain the most. He's learned behind Ray and stepped in well on his behalf when he was injured last season....

According to twitter reports, Fletcher's agent wasn't calling the Skins back regarding his contract because he was fired. Fletcher has now hired CAA as his agent. Per our resident insiders on twitter, negotiations are now back to square one. Fletcher wants to use Ray Lewis' contract as a basis.

3/10/2009: Signed a three-year, $22 million contract. The deal contains $15.5 million guaranteed, including a $6.25 million signing bonus, a first-year roster bonus of $2.75 million, and a $1.25 million option bonus in the second season. 2012: $4.95 million, 2013: $5.4 million, 2014: $5.85 million, 2015: $6.3 million, 2016: Free Agent

With him firing his agent I think it only increases the likelihood that he goes (although I think he'd quickly change his mind if we execute the deal for RGIII). We need to prep to replace him. Out of the options available I like McClain the most. He's learned behind Ray and stepped in well on his behalf when he was injured last season....

According to JSteelz, he fired his agent cause his agent wasn't showing him the money.

we dont need a prima donnah trying to shake down the team for money when there are lots of other players who have to be signed.

No way do I consider London a prima donna. If anything he has been undersold his entire career.

He should not be treated like a **** step child and kicked to the curb after giving his heart and soul to a losing team since he has been here.

He shows up to work EVERY day and does his job. How can that be above the team.

Personally I would love to have Fletcher back but I also understand that there is too high a price for a LB his age. Without knowing the financial details that have been offered from both sides, it's hard to say which side needs to move, but hopefully they can come to an acceptable agreement.

Fletcher could shake the whole NFL down for his payday and he would find it somewhere, but he is looking here. All he is saying is I need to get paid in the rears for being the top tackler in the NFL. Where you going to find a guy like this on the open market?

word is Fletcher wants Ray Lewis type deal. He apparently had a done deal twice but the numbers couldnt meet. He's looking for retirement money for sure! Ray Lewis is on a 3 year, 22 million dollar contract. Seems a little steep...

Thats with a first year signing bonus of 15.5 million! and a first year bonus of 2.75 million.

1.25 mil bonus option in second year

2012: 4.95 mil

2013: 5.4 mil

2014: 5.85 mil

If London wants a Ray Lewis-type deal then I'll have to say goodbye and wish him luck.

According to twitter reports, Fletcher's agent wasn't calling the Skins back regarding his contract because he was fired. Fletcher has now hired CAA as his agent. Per our resident insiders on twitter, negotiations are now back to square one. Fletcher wants to use Ray Lewis' contract as a basis.

Using the Lewis contract 2 years ago might have worked. Getting that deal when you're about to turn 37 is another matter, imo.

I hope they find some middle ground.

According to jsteelz on twitter, neither Carriker, Fletcher or Landry are close to signing a new contract at this time.

It sounds like London has vetoed 2 contracts before booting his agent. At least the FO is working with the right guy for a contract extension.

If London wants a Ray Lewis-type deal then I'll have to say goodbye and wish him luck.

its actually not a bad contract. He's basically getting Snyders pocket money with little damage to the cap numbers. He's earned his guaranteed money for 1 year and the rest will be standard roster money.

Personally I would love to have Fletcher back but I also understand that there is too high a price for a LB his age. Without knowing the financial details that have been offered from both sides, it's hard to say which side needs to move, but hopefully they can come to an acceptable agreement.

I am with you on not knowing the financial ramifications so it is hard to comment one way or another but it is time for the Skins to start grooming Fletcher's replacement. At 36, how many years does Fletch have in the tank. A two year contract at 8 million for two years with 4 million guaranteed sounds suitable to me, I hope the Skins offered him this much and London would accept.

I am with you on not knowing the financial ramifications so it is hard to comment one way or another but it is time for the Skins to start grooming Fletcher's replacement. At 36, how many years does Fletch have in the tank. A two year contract at 8 million for two years with 4 million guaranteed sounds suitable to me, I hope the Skins offered him this much and London would accept.

Yeah I can understand the FO not wanting to go long-term with him. I mean I feel like he probably has 2 years or so left. I'd love to have him back, but if he wants a bunch of money, I'm okay with moving on.

I'm riding on this train as well. Love Fletch but come on. He isn't Ray Ray and never will be. If he wants a 3 year 15 million with 10 mill. guaranteed. OK.

Yeah I can understand the FO not wanting to go long-term with him. I mean I feel like he probably has 2 years or so left. I'd love to have him back, but if he wants a bunch of money, I'm okay with moving on.

Yeah I am with you and if reports are London wants a Ray Lewis contract then that is a problem. 22.5 million over 3 years is not going to work here. Ray made the Ravens who they are as a franchise but London even though he is a good player but was not spectacular like Ray and did not bring a Super Bowl to the Skins like Ray and the Ravens defense in the early 2000's

Archived