Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The last movie you saw......GO! (After you read the OP!!!!)

renaissance

So I am watching Thor, having no idea who is cast as the villian... credits roll and I'm just like... "Yup... he's such a good actor!" 

8/10... could have used more Guardians of the Galaxy and we need some heroes saving earth.  This latest batch of Marvel Movies don't have the synergy that led to Avengers...

On 7/13/2022 at 1:22 AM, Fergasun said:

This latest batch of Marvel Movies don't have the synergy that led to Avengers...

And it's becoming more obvious further we get away from Endgame.

Saw Thor today, I didn't like it, felt it moved way to fast (like first Suicide Squad), and by time it slowed down it was almost over.

All the sudden it becomes possible they F up Black Panther 2 or even X-Men, now I'm nervous...

kermit-gif.gif

Do we really need another team up movie? It’s been done already and I can’t see how they top Avengers.

I’d rather just see the superheroes doing their own thing, in their own world. I may be alone in that opinion; as I am sure most are looking to the next big matchup.

On 7/17/2022 at 12:10 PM, 88Comrade2000 said:

Do we really need another team up movie? It’s been done already and I can’t see how they top Avengers.

I’d rather just see the superheroes doing their own thing, in their own world. I may be alone in that opinion; as I am sure most are looking to the next big matchup.

We do if you want to tell comic books stories correctly.  The villain that exists beyond each individual characters story is how comics elevate minor trouble into major trouble.  A villain that wins, that persists, that threatens many places at once.  It doesn’t have to be as grand as endgame, but having more than one hero eventually join together to face a big bad is how the stories are meant to be told.  

The interconnected aspect is also what really creates a universe instead of just a bunch of sequels.  It has to overlap and I don’t mean just in the timeline.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Nope has an 86% Fresh rating so far...heard the first half is okay and the 2nd half is thrilling, not as good as Get Out but better than Us, and is not a horror movie (not really meant to be scary).

Got tickets to see it next week. Can't wait.

Saw Minions 2 last night. 6/10 I guess. I mean the wife wanted to see it, so meh lolol.

47 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Nope has an 86% Fresh rating so far...heard the first half is okay and the 2nd half is thrilling, not as good as Get Out but better than Us, and is not a horror movie (not really meant to be scary).

I’m really excited for this. The first teaser I saw made it seem like a standard horror/creepy type of Jordan Peele movie but the trailer I saw before Thor the other day was happy and upbeat and funny so I don’t know what to expect 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, GoCommiesGo said:

Saw Wind River recently. Jeremy Renner and Elizabeth Olsen, was released in 2017. 

Fantastic movie. Great slow burn with the strong payoff at the end. If you like a good murder mystery give it a go.  

Wind river is an awesome movie.  Check out Hell or High Water (2016) if you haven’t seen it yet.  It’s written by the same guy that wrote Wind River, Taylor Sheridan.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Watched Last Night in Soho.  Beautifully made dark fantasy/time travel movie, simply gorgeous.  But the horror elements don’t land and it’s kinda silly down the stretch.

6/10

agree completely. Looked fantastic and an intriguing premise. It had a lot of potential and it was entertaining but ultimately disappointing 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

The Dark Knight Rises.  

Haven't seen it since it was in the theatre and it was better than I remembered.  I think one of the reasons I didn't like it in the theatre was because I had a hard time understanding Bane's voice.  Didn't have that issue at home (also, subtitles).  Although I still think he deserved a better ending.

Anyway, solid B+.  I don't think it's as good as The Dark Knight due to the Joker just being a way better and more interesting villain than Bane/any al Ghul...and Ledger's performance >>>> Marion Cotillard, Tom Hardy.  But still, a really good movie.  As far as the Nolan Batman series goes, Dark Knight is still my #1 but I'm not sure how to rank the other two.  

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Batman Begins is on par with The Dark Knight it just doesn’t have the iconic Joker performance to make it legendary. It’s a better Batman movie though and has a lot more heart as well as less conveniences that TDK/Joker have which is annoying on rewatched.

TDKR is a big step down in nearly every way for me, mostly the plot is kinda all over the place with a lot of holes and the dialogue is not great. A lot of unforced errors that just didn’t exist with the first two 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Like 1

On 7/20/2022 at 4:48 PM, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I’m really excited for this. The first teaser I saw made it seem like a standard horror/creepy type of Jordan Peele movie but the trailer I saw before Thor the other day was happy and upbeat and funny so I don’t know what to expect 

Nothing but is all that I can say. That movie was good.

On 7/20/2022 at 4:00 PM, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Nah brah, I laugh at almost all horror flicks. This caught me by surprise a few times or maybe because my lady kept jumping.

• Like 2