Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Royallypwned 2012 Major League Baseball Thread (Giants WS Champs)

MattFancy

Welp, I witnessed history last night. Was at the Rockies game @ Coors, and Jamie Moyer at 49 years and 157 days old, became the oldest pitcher in Major League history to win a game.

He looks great so far. he's only 1-2, but his ERA is 2.55. The Rockies have made 8 errors behind him in three games. Troy Tulowitzki has 6 errors so far this season....he had 6 errors all last year!

There might not be a better pitched game by both starting pitchers than last nights game between the Giants and the Phils.

Cain and Lee were dominant.

When's the last time you saw a pitcher go 10 innings? Great pitching from both Cain and Lee last night.

BTW, that's 18 straight scoreless innings for Cain, with a total of 4 baserunners.

---------- Post added April-19th-2012 at 07:32 AM ----------

When's the last time you saw a pitcher go 10 innings? Great pitching from both Cain and Lee last night.

Both could have. Cain had only thrown 91 pitches after 9 innings, but he came up in the bottom of the 9th and they had to go for the win and PH for him.

I was at the park for his 1-hitter on (home) opening day. Since that first game in Arizona, he's been nearly untouchable. I guess the new contract helps. :ols:

Congrats to Phil Humber from the White Sox for pitching a perfect game. LOL @ FOX for not switching a 9-1 Red Sox-Yankees game until there was 1 out in the 9th. I think FOX was legitimately pissed that they had to switch out of their "marquee" matchup. By the way, only 8% of the nation had the capability to watch the entire White Sox-Mariners game today thanks to FOX.

Archived