Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Royallypwned 2012 Major League Baseball Thread (Giants WS Champs)

MattFancy

The Los Angeles Dodgers and Frank McCourt today announced an agreement under which Guggenheim Baseball Management LLC (“GBM”) will acquire the Los Angeles Dodgers for $2 billion upon completion of the closing process. The purchasing group includes Mark R. Walter as its controlling partner, as well as Earvin “Magic” Johnson, Peter Guber, Stan Kasten, Bobby Patton and Todd Boehly. Mr. McCourt and certain affiliates of the purchasers will also be forming a joint venture, which will acquire the Chavez Ravine property for an additional $150 million.

The Los Angeles Dodgers stated, “This transaction underscores the Debtors’ objective to maximize the value of their estate and to emerge from Chapter 11 under a successful Plan of Reorganization, under which all creditors are paid in full.”

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/27/report-magic-johnsons-group-to-buy-dodgers/

Well I also have Hosmer and Freeman. Nothing wrong with some depth with potential in going with Smoak.

I suppose. But starting Smoak should be the last resort. I think Hosmer is injured, isn't he?

Anyway, how awesome is it to be able to talk baseball? :)

I suppose. But starting Smoak should be the last resort. I think Hosmer is injured, isn't he?

Anyway, how awesome is it to be able to talk baseball? :)

Hosmer blasted 2 homers yesterday, hope that continues. Yep, it's finally baseball season and Fantasy Baseball is my favorite fantasy season.

Thsi was ridiculous to start the season in Japan and then go back to spring training....

I cant do fantasy baseball to much up keep, to many players... Fantasy Football, and Racing are my favs it doesnt take as much up keep.

And opening day for the other clubs isn't until next week. Used to start on Sunday with the Sunday Night game. They just starting it in the middle of the week for no reason at all

What? It's always been tradition to start on a weekday afternoon. It's called "opening day" not "opening night." :ols:

wait what? How is baseball starting already?? Rangers don't have their first game until next Friday, April 6!

Because Selig

---------- Post added March-28th-2012 at 12:42 PM ----------

What? It's always been tradition to start on a weekday afternoon. It's called "opening day" not "opening night." :ols:

Seriously, it should be on a weekend. So annoying ...

But then you wouldn't have a reason to miss work. ;) I will be at opening day and not at work. And I will lie about it like Peter Griffin to Mr. Weed. :ols:

I just started a job. I can't take a day off. And I have a feeling they will call me on using a sick day.

Meh .. really not worth waking up early to watch to bad teams. Especially if King Felix isn't pitching.

And the Mariners offense is awful.

Giants make Cain richest righty.

Booya!

:applause:

http://espn.go.com/mlb/spring2012/story/_/id/7766104/san-francisco-giants-work-extension-matt-cain

---------- Post added April-2nd-2012 at 01:14 PM ----------

Giants general manager Brian Sabean has said for years his priority is to keep his pitching staff intact for the long haul -- and that hasn't changed. Two-time NL Cy Young Award winner Tim Lincecum reached a $40.5 million, two-year deal in late January.

---------- Post added April-2nd-2012 at 01:15 PM ----------

Now, if they could just get out from under that Zito contract (they have a buyout after 2013). :ols:

Archived