Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Whats wrong with Nick Foles?!?

Commander Wolffe

To many picks the guy has 0 talent around him nothing. He don't have speedy recievers and a great running game like RG3. He don't have a great o-line, running game or Te like Luck. But yet he still produced double the touchdowns he did ints and is a 3 year starter. Not only that but he is a downfield thrower that was forced to play in a offense that did'nt fit his skillset.

SEASON CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA LNG TD INT SACK RAT

2011 387 560 4334 69.1 7.74 54 28 14 23 145.6

2010 286 426 3191 67.1 7.49 85 20 10 23 140.9

2009 260 409 2486 63.6 6.08 71 19 9 11 125.6

2007 5 8 57 62.5 7.13 22 0 0 0 122.4

69% 28 Td's 14int

67% 20td's 10int

63% 19td's 9 int

Thats pretty damn good production for having nothing around him this year and in a offense that did'nt fit his skillset.

Jimmy clausen had nothing either and he had good college stats...2-1td-int ratio in college isn't very good...just kind of jumps out at me

Swap first rounders with someone, then get their 2nd rounder. Have a 1st, and two 2nd rounders.

Would Nick Foles land in the second round? If not, i'd say get him late 1st, around the 20's, and then use our two 2nd rounders on a WR, and a OG/OT.

If foles can be acquired in the 2nd, I say we trade down to acquire 4 2nd rounders. This will allow us to get good talent in quanity. 1 CB, 1 QB, 1 WR/DL, 1 OG/OT.

I like foles, he looks like a gun slinger and he has a deep accurate ball from what I have seen. If we draft a good talented Offensive Line behind him, this would be great! Then maybe get some D depth in the later rounds.

Yes. A QB in the first, and then one in the fifth, sixth, or seventh.

First rounder is the starter, Rex is the backup, and late rounder is the future backup.

Depends how strong this draft class is for QB. I think it's a no, simply because there is not an abundant amount of qb talent this class.

Jimmy clausen had nothing either and he had good college stats...2-1td-int ratio in college isn't very good...just kind of jumps out at me

Yeah, 2-1 TD-INT worries me. You see the real top prospects, the sure 1st round guys, they've got 3-1 or better. I realize his talent is thin, but if he's having INT problems in college, what happens when he's facing secondaries on par with some of the top colleges every week? He's going to have to sit a year and work on that.

I keep hearing conflicting reports on this guy's mobility. Some say he can run a bootleg fine, others say he's concrete in the pocket. I'm gonna have to track down some videos on this guy. I have an Xbox with Live, maybe I can watch those games someone mentioned.

Depends how strong this draft class is for QB. I think it's a no, simply because there is not an abundant amount of qb talent this class.

Yeah, I'd have been cool with 2 Qbs if Barkley was still in, so we grab either Barkley or RGIII, whoever is left, and grab someone in the 4th or later. Of course, now, that plan is shot up thanks to all those guys going back. No one outside the top two deserves to be a 1ster, but I feel like either Tannehill or Foles, if not both, will crack the 1st round.

Ramsey/Campbell 3.0

Give me Luck/RG3 in the first, then maybe Kirk Cousins later on. Cousins fits the Shanahan draft profile (senior, three year starter, high-character guy)

I love the way you think. That's exactly what I would do. Rex is a great backup and can win you games should something happen to your franchise QB.

Russel Wilson is a really good option for that late round pick.

He'll slip that far because hes only 5 foot 11 and 185 (generously).. but he has potential.

Our OL really isnt that bad. We gave up the same amount of sacks as the Packers and less than the 49ers and Steelers, even with the debacle against the bills. Our QBs made them look much worse than they are, considering it seemed like all defenders had to do was touch him to get a sack, and its not like he was going to move outside the pocket much. What we need is the mobile QB (RGIII) who will keep the defense from stacking the box
The OL isn't really that bad? If you look just at sacks, you're only looking at part of the OL stats. In QB hits, the Skins ranked third worst in the league. That stat alone shows it's pretty clear that the QB is being pressured. As a matter of fact, if you add the sacks to the QB hits, the Redskins QB is being hit 1 out of every 4 times the Skins throw the ball. Compared to the class of the league, the Saints, who let Bree get hit 1 out of every 10 throws and you see how poorly the Skins offensive line is playing. As far as the other stats, it shows the Skins are always below the average of the league. Whether it's being stuffed at the line of scrimmage (19th worst) with 20% of all running plays stuffed at or behind the line of scrimmage, QB hits (3rd worst) behind only St. Louis and Seattle, Sacks (12th worst) , average yards per run (even with two good running backs) shows the Skins ranked 25th.

I'm not sure what you would call "pretty good" but being in the bottom half of the league (bottom half of 32 teams would be anything worse than 16) doesn't qualify as "good" unless you're setting the bar really, really low.

I don't say they haven't improved since last year they were 28th in their running game being stuffed more often than all but 4 other teams, but the stats are clear. Calling the Skins offensive line even "average" is just wishful thinking.

I don't agree. Some of the talent at the very top was lost when Barkley and Jones decided to stay in school but it's still a deep class in the mid rounds.

There's nothing wrong with Foles. But I see a lot of people saying what is Plan B if Luck/Griffin is off the table. The sad fact is there may not be a plan B. And by that I mean that the majority of the drafts over the last decades produced no more than 1 above average QB. Now I don't know how many this draft will produce (past history does not mean it will happen here). Nor do I know if Griffin and/or Luck will be those guys. But if both are gone, there's a pretty reasonable chance that none of the remaining draftees will end up better than Jason Campbell (if that). So while I fully expect this team to get a QB somehow, the likelihood that Foles or any other later pick becomes this team's franchise QB is not high.

But if both are gone, there's a pretty reasonable chance that none of the remaining draftees will end up better than Jason Campbell (if that). .

I'm glad you mentioned him. I was going to say that Foles reminds me a lot of Jason Campbell coming out of college, but less mobile. Foles has a strong arm and should be able to make all the throws, but he doesn't display elite accuracy or anticipation. His skill set looks similar to 30 other mediocre/backup QBs bouncing around the league. Chad Henne is another guy that Foles reminds me of.

The OL isn't really that bad? If you look just at sacks, you're only looking at part of the OL stats. In QB hits, the Skins ranked third worst in the league. That stat alone shows it's pretty clear that the QB is being pressured. As a matter of fact, if you add the sacks to the QB hits, the Redskins QB is being hit 1 out of every 4 times the Skins throw the ball. Compared to the class of the league, the Saints, who let Bree get hit 1 out of every 10 throws and you see how poorly the Skins offensive line is playing. As far as the other stats, it shows the Skins are always below the average of the league. Whether it's being stuffed at the line of scrimmage (19th worst) with 20% of all running plays stuffed at or behind the line of scrimmage, QB hits (3rd worst) behind only St. Louis and Seattle, Sacks (12th worst) , average yards per run (even with two good running backs) shows the Skins ranked 25th.

Our sack number was high partially because we dropped back more than the Seahawkas and Rams. And QB hits depends a lot on how good the QB is at getting the ball out and making good decisions. And don't forget the Beck factor. Beck was hit 14 times against the Bills as well as giving up 10 sacks. The OL never played nearly as bad as it did that game , certainly not with Grossman under center. How many times did Beck get hit that Grossman would not have?

Also, keep in mind that we started Torain for 8 games. He got 200 yards on 59 attempts. Take away the Rams game, he has 65 yards on FOURTY attempts. They basically didn't feel the rookies were ready to go, so they bashed Torain against the wall until they were despite him being horrendous, and simply went pass happy the whole way. FO and other advanced stats can give you an idea as to whether a OL is being held back by a bad RB or vice versa, but we already have evidence of this - our run game was productive with Hightower, unproductive with Torain, and productive with Helu and Royster.

tl;dr, Starting Beck and Torain over Grossman and Helu/Royster severely muddied the statistical waters and made our OL look worse than it really was, even if you don't consider the injuries.

Give me Luck/RG3 in the first, then maybe Kirk Cousins later on. Cousins fits the Shanahan draft profile (senior, three year starter, high-character guy)

I don't know what it is, but Cousins doesn't look like a pro prospect to me. He makes bad decisions, his accuracy is over-rated, and just doesn't have "it". I would rather draft a kicker with that late round pick.

We MUST draft a QB (preferably 2). So as stated above we have a veteran (Grossman), a high pick QB who will start by game 4 or 6 (Noles or Cousins?) in 2012, and a low round project (Wilson or Keenum?). We MUST NOT trade away the next 2 or 3 years of drafts to move up to take Luck or RGIII. I am concerend about Noles' high TD/INT ratio, but Tannehill does not impress, and the foot injury may have him dropping low in the draft. We could pick him in rounds 4-6, but he would be the project QB.

Look at the "Parcells" test for drafting a college QB. Noles and Cousins appear to be much better prospects. And I would rather follow Parcells' advice, than anyone here on this board.

HTTR

Archived