Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Whats wrong with Nick Foles?!?

Commander Wolffe

still early. Maybe he's this years Andy Dalton. Who knows? Lets wait until the combine and pro day

The senior bowl will be the first big test for him, especially with Shanny and staff coaching him. The combine and pro day will both be big as well. He really has a chance to move into the late 1st early 2nd range

He reminds me to much of grossman...too many picks and turnovers...what makes you think he will cut down on picks in the pros?

To many picks the guy has 0 talent around him nothing. He don't have speedy recievers and a great running game like RG3. He don't have a great o-line, running game or Te like Luck. But yet he still produced double the touchdowns he did ints and is a 3 year starter. Not only that but he is a downfield thrower that was forced to play in a offense that did'nt fit his skillset.

SEASON CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA LNG TD INT SACK RAT

2011 387 560 4334 69.1 7.74 54 28 14 23 145.6

2010 286 426 3191 67.1 7.49 85 20 10 23 140.9

2009 260 409 2486 63.6 6.08 71 19 9 11 125.6

2007 5 8 57 62.5 7.13 22 0 0 0 122.4

69% 28 Td's 14int

67% 20td's 10int

63% 19td's 9 int

Thats pretty damn good production for having nothing around him this year and in a offense that did'nt fit his skillset.

He can roll out but he is'nt a runner. He is more mobile then Schaub,Flacco but not as mobile as Cutler.

That's a plus then. You think Shanny will fall in love with the guy working with him at the Senior Bowl? How do you think Foles will perform in AL?

Foles is a pocket passer.

Not comparing in talent.. but he's a Tom Brady, Patrick Rivers, Eli Manning type player.

He's not very mobile. He won't be able to run the play action very well.

He would fit the Pittsburgh, New England, Chargers, etc. type systems.

Hes a bigger Ryan Mallet.

We wont be interested in him because he doesn't fit MS's system.

He reminds me to much of grossman...too many picks and turnovers...what makes you think he will cut down on picks in the pros?

he has a 2-1 td/int ratio that's nothing like Grossman

---------- Post added January-14th-2012 at 03:07 PM ----------

If anyone has Xbox Live get the ESPN app and watch over a 100 NCAA games, his games are in there and you can judge for yourself

Not comparing in talent.. but he's a Tom Brady, Patrick Rivers, Eli Manning type player.

Schaub is a statue and he ran Kyle's offense just fine. Rex Grossman is a freaking statue and he was there hand picked choice. This OMG he does'nt fit MS's offense because he can't run is BS. Our offense under Kyle is alot different then what Mike ran in Denver anyway.

This MS system mobile stuff is pure BS every coach wishes they had a more mobile quarterback.

I have a fair amount of friends at Arizona and they all cringe at the thought of him being an NFL quarterback let alone a Redskin

That would make me worry if Arizona had a decent to great year but since the team sucked, it probably makes him more interesting. In my experience, fans underrate their talent when the team sucks and overrate it when the team pretty much kicks ass.

If Foles looks like he can play at the next level, you draft him and tweak the system a little so that his skillsets are adequately used (as Denver did with Tebow). The Redskins aren't in any position to overlook a potential QB talent because he doesn't "fit" the system. If we miss out on the Top 2 and this kid seems promising, he needs to be drafted and his talent cultivated.

Schaub is a statue and he ran Kyle's offense just fine. .

Schaub is not a statue.. you need to watch more highlights of schaub. He's quite mobile for a 6' 5" QB.

---------- Post added January-14th-2012 at 03:40 PM ----------

If Foles looks like he can play at the next level, you draft him and tweak the system a little so that his skillsets are adequately used (as Denver did with Tebow). The Redskins aren't in any position to overlook a potential QB talent because he doesn't "fit" the system. If we miss out on the Top 2 and this kid seems promising, he needs to be drafted and his talent cultivated.

I disagree. You have to draft the talent that will work best in your system. Especially at the QB position.

ZBS requires the QB moving a lot. That's why MS liked Cutler and Elway so much.

Its a mistake to draft someone that doesnt fit and try to make them.

Schaub is not a statue.. you need to watch more highlights of schaub. He's quite mobile for a 6' 5" QB.

---------- Post added January-14th-2012 at 03:40 PM ----------

I disagree. You have to draft the talent that will work best in your system. Especially at the QB position.

ZBS requires the QB moving a lot. That's why MS liked Cutler and Elway so much.

Its a mistake to draft someone that doesnt fit and try to make them.

I'm a diehard UVA fan who has seen Schaub live he can shuffle and slide but he is'nt no runner. Foles is more athletic then Schaub period but niether are gonna run around like Cutler/Elway/Plummer etc.

I will take Foles over Tannehill and his mobility 7 days a week.

I'm a diehard UVA fan who has seen Schaub live he can shuffle and slide but he is'nt no runner. Foles is more athletic then Schaub period but niether are gonna run around like Cutler/Elway/Plummer etc.

I wouldn't take Foles over no Tannehill. Tannehill and Foles is both inconsitent, both have strong arms, but Tannehill can make plays with his feet and that adds something to this offense that needs a whole lot of new options. If you dig what I'm saying.

---------- Post added January-14th-2012 at 03:50 PM ----------

anybody think the Redskins ought to draft two QBs?

Nope waste of a pick. Plus I want the coaching staff to put their most time into one QB. They need to make sure he is going to make it in the NFL.

When was the last time you've seen him play?

In particular watch the play at 1:37.

---------- Post added January-14th-2012 at 03:55 PM ----------

anybody think the Redskins ought to draft two QBs?

Yes.

Especially if we don't get RGIII.

I think we should draft Tannehill and Russell Wilson or Brandon Weeden (depending on how much the Shannys can't stand Grossman anymore.. Weeden is more likely to be able to start game 1)

I like Foles. He reminds me of Schaub.

You don't have to run a 4.4 forty to have success in this scheme. Elways wasn't even mobile at all when he actually won Superbowls with Shanahan. Schaub isn't a statue but runs the offense very well in Houston. Foles isn't a runner but he can move. He's not a statue.

He's a better QB than Tannehill. Plus Tannehill is probably going to have surgery on his foot.

Foles in round 2 would be a good option. Especially with the reported costs to move up for RG3.

I don't see Foles move nearly as well as Schaub. It's not just about running around. Schaub may not "run" like Cutler, Elway, Plummer, but he is far more mobile than people give him credit for, and he can run that bootleg to perfection. He steps and slides and avoids pressure and does a good job of leaving the pocket, not to run, but just to get better vision. He buys time on plays using a different kind of mobility. No, he doesn't run, but he's still mobile.

Foles isn't really mobile. He has concrete feet. He doesn't step, slide, avoid, keep his eyes down field, and try to make a play. He's much more of a pocket guy. A guy who can succeed if he has an above average offensive line, but is going to struggle if and when he's pressured.

It's like Philip Rivers. Friggin' world beater when you give him time. But when he got some injuries on his offensive line and started getting pressure, his play really, really suffered. And when it got better, his play got better again.

This system isn't about being able to run; Beck can run and he still sucked a fat one. It's about being able to move. There's a difference. That's why Schaub is fine in this offense.

Here is a good scouting report on Foles.

He is a late 1st or early 2nd rounder that will need to sit and learn for awhile.

http://www.rantsports.com/mock-draft/2011/05/14/nick-foles-scouting-report/

That analysis might be spot on but it's one of the worst written pieces I've ever had the misfortune of reading. Extremely redundant and a lot of it doesn't even make sense.

"Nick Foles said very positive things about his quarterback coach during a practice session which shows he is a bright quarterback with high character"

That doesn't even begin to make sense.

I think after Griffin and Luck the drop off is pretty severe.

The only guys I've paid much attention to other than those two are Landry Jones (glad he's staying in college), Matt Barkley (would have been great for our offense, IMO), Tannehill, and Keenum. I think Tannehill has lots of potential, but will need to sit for a while. Keenum, was okay in the two games I watched, but there's nothing that really wows me with either Tannehill or Keenum.

I just think after Griffin and Luck everyone else is a project and a bigger crap shoot. If we lost out on the top 2, I'd be okay picking one of the half dozen other QBs that are fighting for the #3 spot, as long as we don't pick them too high, don't put all our hopes on them (in other words we have to find a FA answer, at least for the year) and remain open to drafting a QB high next year if it doesn't look good.

i think I like him way more than Tannahill. But not nearly as much as Luck or RGIII. Look, whatever the coaching staff decides is the best decision. If they can make a play for Luck or RGIII because he is the guy great. If they can't and they get this guy or Tannahill. Great. I don't care just draft a stinking quarterback.

Archived