Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Whats wrong with Nick Foles?!?

Commander Wolffe

Impressive stats as well.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/238803/nick-foles

The beauty of the situation is shannallen will get an up close look at him during senior bowl preparations.

I know things change leading up to the draft. I wouldn't be upset trading back, or using our 2nd round pick on him. Use the first pick to improve the WR situation or pick up an offensive tackle.

Like most of the board, I hope the Skins get RG III or Luck, but unlike many, only at a reasonable cost. I don't want to pay everything for a new QB and then cripple the Skins draft for the next 5 years. I expect Shanahan and Allen to make a prudent bid, but if outbid by another team, I wouldn't be surprised. Last year showed the Shanahan/Allen team are willing to trade down in the draft, but the season also showed the glaring need for QB and more talented offensive linemen.

If RG III and Luck are not available, the Skins can still get an upgrade at QB with Foles or Tannehill, while still fixing the talent/depth problems on the OL. Same for the WR corps. And, of course, the D could use a defensive back or two or three, but not at the expense of the offense this year.

RG III and Luck are great talents with a lot of potential, but you have to have a Plan B. I'm glad Shanny is getting a close look at some of the Senior Bowl guys.

There's nothing really wrong with Foles.

He's just not as good as RG3/Luck. :)

Pretty much this.

Nick Foles could be Matt Schaub or Joe Flacco, but there's a better chance that RGIII becomes at least as good as those guys, and a reasonable chance RGIII becomes even better.

Again, when you have the chance to add a superstar at QB, you have to take it, depth be damned. You will always have chances to draft depth and future starters if you're good at drafting. You will never have the chance to draft RGIII again.

still fixing the talent/depth problems on the OL. Same for the WR corps. And, of course, the D could use a defensive back or two or three, but not at the expense of the offense this year.

Our OL really isnt that bad. We gave up the same amount of sacks as the Packers and less than the 49ers and Steelers, even with the debacle against the bills. Our QBs made them look much worse than they are, considering it seemed like all defenders had to do was touch him to get a sack, and its not like he was going to move outside the pocket much. What we need is the mobile QB (RGIII) who will keep the defense from stacking the box

Good Post! I almost started this one myself.Next to RG3 and maybe Luck, Foles is my favorite QB of the draft! In the rare, unlikely event we miss out on RG3 then I hope we go for Foles.He is a very underestimated prospect.He is a big QB with a rocket arm and has a lot of potential.He is not real mobile and has a tendency to stare down his receivers but again with good coaching he could turn into something special.He is a gritty player and has a penchant for making big plays but again does have a few weeknesses.After Luck and RGIII he would be my pick.

Impressive stats as well.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/238803/nick-foles

The beauty of the situation is shannallen will get an up close look at him during senior bowl preparations.

I know things change leading up to the draft. I wouldn't be upset trading back, or using our 2nd round pick on him. Use the first pick to improve the WR situation or pick up an offensive tackle.

It's good to see Nick Foles being talked about around here. I've seen at least one game of the projected Top 5 and I immediately liked Fole's size (6'5", 235-240). I mentioned in my Trade Down thread that he has a "hard to bring down body" which will be great for extending pass plays. I saw him step up in the pocket and feel the pass rush in the game I caught which was nice. His passes also had zip to them which will come in handy for timing routes with tight windows.

We shouldn't be married to the idea of Griffin III case in point; Foles is a good prospect to pick up between rds 2 and 3 in my opinion.

I have a friend who goes to University of Arizona, sat in the front row of every home game this year and went to a lot of away games.

He says he sucks.

I haven't seen him live too many times, three or four, but he does not suck. I've seen most of his games and he was the only thing for U of A to hang their hat on. Foles is a great secondary option if we can't pull Luck or RG. Foles will be a solid starter in the league in two years.

To be honest, I haven't seen Foles play very much.

My guess on what's wrong with him? 1) His team loses a lot of games. 2) More importantly, of the last 8 games of his senior season, he threw 14 INTs vs. 18 TDs. Only 1 of those games, he didn't throw an INT. Five of those games were multiple INT games. We don't want another Rex Grossman.

I like Weeden better than Tannehill or Foles, but of course, his age (29 yrs old in October) is the downside.

I doubt we will make a big trade for RG3. And Luck is definitely going to the Colts. This is why I think we will get Peyton this season, keep drafting young depth in this draft, and then make a play for one of the three 1st round QBs in next year's draft. Most likely, it will be Landry Jones or Tyler Wilson, which suits me fine because I'm not high on Matt Barkley.

I have a friend who goes to University of Arizona, sat in the front row of every home game this year and went to a lot of away games.

He says he sucks.

could he turn his binoculars around? haha, no really he can't outright suck if he is graded out as high as he is.

He is 6-5, 240lbs and is rated 4th QB out of 128, projected round 2, He can't suck, he might not be elite right away or ever, but the kid don't suck.

Stats were from here......

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=78428&draftyear=2012&genpos=QB

And it looks as though Tannehill is out of the Senior Bowl with a broken foot. hmmmmm adds to the intrigue.

-- http://rob-rang.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/13682485/34340530

We shouldn't be married to the idea of Griffin III case in point; Foles is a good prospect to pick up between rds 2 and 3 in my opinion.

Foles will not make it out of the top of the 2nd, and probably ends up getting grabbed in the late 1st IMO.

My guess on what's wrong with him? 1) His team loses a lot of games. 2) More importantly, of the last 8 games of his senior season, he threw 14 INTs vs. 18 TDs. Only 1 of those games, he didn't throw an INT. Five of those games were multiple INT games. We don't want another Rex Grossman.

I like Weeden better than Tannehill or Foles, but of course, his age (29 yrs old in October) is the downside.

The stats are misleading when it comes to Foles. Foles was really the only thing UA had going for it, and even then, he wasnt being used to his strengths. And he spent a fair amount of time on his back due to poor OL play.

could he turn his binoculars around? haha, no really he can't outright suck if he is graded out as high as he is.

He is 6-5, 240lbs and is rated 4th QB out of 128, projected round 2, He can't suck, he might not be elite right away or ever, but the kid don't suck.

]

Just because they get drafted high doesn't mean they don't suck. There is somewhat of a nepotism kind of thing going on between college coaches and NFL coaches. Back in the early 1990s, Will Furrer was the QB at Virginia Tech. I looked at him and said he sucked. He should have been benched at Tech, but the coaches didn't want to hurt him in the draft. The coaches and also the players made excuses for him. Ditka and the Bears drafted him in the 4th round in the 1992 draft (which was back when there were 12 rounds in the draft). And guess what? He sucked in the NFL.

Archived