Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Robert Griffin III is a Washington Redskin (Merged-- The Everything RG3 Thread- Mocks,News, Rumors etc MET)

HogNose

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

You are not considering that other teams might be willing to trade-up. It's going to cost us more than that.

Don't the Skins have two 5ths this year? I would consider throwing one of those in or a 4th. Or maybe next years 3rd, which would equal about a 4/5th this year.

I don't know if the points system is really valid anymore. This was created before the rookie wage scale. Will teams still follow it this year since it is the first year it's in place BEFORE the draft?

Based on last year's draft, they're still using it. But, I agree with you and think that sometime in the future the teams at the top will demand more since there's less financial risk, and so less risk to the franchise.

But, it really depends on what teams are willing to give up also, because if a team, like the Rams, is desperate to get out of the top 10 because they're rebuilding and need lots of draft picks (and when GMs and HCs last 2-3 years without winning they should be in a hurry) then there may not be a team willing to match the value.

It will be an interesting dynamic to watch.

Don't the Skins have two 5ths this year? I would consider throwing one of those in or a 4th. Or maybe next years 3rd, which would equal about a 4/5th this year.

Dream on. We're not going to get equal value per the draft value chart. I'm sure they will be getting a considerable premium to trade down. Just think how much Luck would cost us when RG3 will be costing us at least two 1st rounders, a 2nd rounder, and a 5th rounder (provided there isn't a bidding war for the pick).

Dream on. We're not going to get equal value per the draft value chart. I'm sure they will be getting a considerable premium to trade down. Just think how much Luck would cost us when RG3 will be costing us at least two 1st rounders, a 2nd rounder, and a 5th rounder (provided there isn't a bidding war for the pick).

I was talking about RG3. I think if the Skins pulled the trigger early they wouldn't have to worry about a bidding. The only worry is the Browns, because they have more ammo with 2 first this years. I don't think Miami or Seattle have enought to out bid us.

Based on last year's draft, they're still using it. But, I agree with you and think that sometime in the future the teams at the top will demand more since there's less financial risk, and so less risk to the franchise.

But, it really depends on what teams are willing to give up also, because if a team, like the Rams, is desperate to get out of the top 10 because they're rebuilding and need lots of draft picks (and when GMs and HCs last 2-3 years without winning they should be in a hurry) then there may not be a team willing to match the value.

It will be an interesting dynamic to watch.

I wouldn't be surprised if the chart doesn't change too much. The chart was created before the premium to sign top picks became ridiculous. Once that happened, top teams had a hard time trading those picks. Now that the financial risk is gone, I could see teams being more willing to trade for those top picks.

2 4ths and then 1 pick in each round.

In comparison this is what the other teams that might be interested in trading up for a QB have:

Miami - one in each round 1-7

Seattle - I can't find their picks, I've gone through a couple pages on google and can't find a list anywhere. Weird.

Buffalo - 2 4ths, one in each of the other rounds, and one conditional pick for Marshawn Lynch which will be either a 5th or 6th rounder from Seattle.

Browns - 2 1sts and 4ths , 1 pick in each of the other rounds, and they will be giving up a conditional pick to the Vikings for trading for Jayme Mitchell and getting one from the Broncos based on conditions for trading Brady Quinn to them. The conditions of the Mitchell and Quinn trades were undisclosed, which means nothing might come of these trades.

I was talking about RG3. I think if the Skins pulled the trigger early they wouldn't have to worry about a bidding. The only worry is the Browns, because they have more ammo with 2 first this years. I don't think Miami or Seattle have enought to out bid us.

There's no reason for St Louis to trade the pick early. They will let everyone know the pick is available up until draft day and then will take the best offer.

Sounds like it is gonna cost us a fortune to trade up for RG3(which I am all for).If so that means we are only gonna have 4,5th(maybe)6th and 7th rd picks.Do we have 2 4th rd. picks this year? Maybe there will be a trade down to pick up extra late rd picks, perhaps we find a late rd gem or two?

I wouldn't be surprised if the chart doesn't change too much. The chart was created before the premium to sign top picks became ridiculous. Once that happened, top teams had a hard time trading those picks. Now that the financial risk is gone, I could see teams being more willing to trade for those top picks.

I agree. I just don't think you can demand much more than what the chart dictates. It's a big sacrifice to give up 4 picks, 3 in the first 2 rounds, for one guy. Of course one of them is given up for the player, so I guess you're only really losing 3 picks, 2 high, but it's still a high price when you think teams that are picking high in those rounds expect to find starters for the next 10 years.

Based on last year's draft, they're still using it. But, I agree with you and think that sometime in the future the teams at the top will demand more since there's less financial risk, and so less risk to the franchise. .

The thing is, last years draft was without the CBA, so all they had to go on was history. A second round pick was still big money at the time, and now it's capped. This is the first year that it is in place before the draft.

Sounds like it is gonna cost us a fortune to trade up for RG3(which I am all for).If so that means we are only gonna have 4,5th(maybe)6th and 7th rd picks.Do we have 2 4th rd. picks this year? Maybe there will be a trade down to pick up extra late rd picks, perhaps we find a late rd gem or two?

Yes, we have 2 4ths this year.

Currently, from the looks of it, we'd still have #2 overall plus our original picks from round 3-7. Next year we'd only be missing our 1st rounder. So, we're not giving up picks 1-3 and one of our 2 4ths from the draft this year. We'd really only be missing our 2nd rounder from our original picks.

---------- Post added January-11th-2012 at 05:14 PM ----------

The thing is, last years draft was without the CBA, so all they had to go on was history. A second round pick was still big money at the time, and now it's capped. This is the first year that it is in place before the draft.

True, but how many teams are really going to be willing to increase the value of the picks by enough to make a significant difference.

I can't imagine anyone being willing to give up 3 1st rounders to move up 4 spaces, it's just not reasonable. The way the chart is now, the team that wants to trade down is getting a huge amount to move from #2 to #6. It's just unlikely that teams will be willing to pay much more than what it costs now. Not that it couldn't happen, I definitely think some GM will attempt to demand more, but I don't know if it's going to happen often enough to actually change the value chart as is.

Every once in a while, in the past, we've seen teams throw an insane # of picks to move up (like the Bears moving up from #7 to #5 by giving up their entire draft that year and a 1st and 3rd the next year), but it hasn't altered the value chart.

Per RGIII press conference its official: Get ready for the Draft!

Just heard this too. Really feels like he is destined for DC. His childhood hero was John Elway and his favorite team was the Broncos. He said he 'wouldn't mind seeing the White House'. He would love to be involved in the political and legal society and DC is a great place to be for that. I don't know how I'm going to wait until April to find out if we get him or not; I'm already going nuts.

I'm really getting concerned about our ability to get him. If Cleveland doesn't sign Flynn, we can assume they're all in on RGIII. If that's the case we just can't compete with what they can offer based on them having Atl's 1st rounder. I think our FO has to closely study Flynn to see if he's a viable option. If Cleveland shows no interest in him, they may force our hand to consider him.

Man I'm falling into the Jumbo trap of figuring out scenario's where we're gonna get this kid and I'm going to be sooooo disappointed if it doesn't work out. He seems to have it all. My ONLY concern for him is injuries, but that's really true of any QB. Hopefully all these new rules will help with that if we end up with him.

I'm really getting concerned about our ability to get him. If Cleveland doesn't sign Flynn, we can assume they're all in on RGIII. If that's the case we just can't compete with what they can offer based on them having Atl's 1st rounder. I think our FO has to closely study Flynn to see if he's a viable option. If Cleveland shows no interest in him, they may force our hand to consider him.

I don't see Cleveland moving up for Griffin. I think we move up to the Rams spot. I think Cleveland will use those picks to build their team and see if McCoy is their guy. Seattle could be a threat. As long as Flynn goes somewhere else, he takes a little bit of pressure off of us.

lol he is wearing barney socks at the press conference

---------- Post added January-11th-2012 at 04:28 PM ----------

no way do the browns trade away picks to move up to get griffin

---------- Post added January-11th-2012 at 04:29 PM ----------

did he just say he plans on going first overall in the draft??

said he wants to play for whoever will pay the bills lol

Just heard this too. Really feels like he is destined for DC. His childhood hero was John Elway and his favorite team was the Broncos. He said he 'wouldn't mind seeing the White House'. He would love to be involved in the political and legal society and DC is a great place to be for that. I don't know how I'm going to wait until April to find out if we get him or not; I'm already going nuts.

Iv'e posted this before and agree. I know the NFL would also love to have him in the NFCE for ratings and revenue granted he is successful (which I think he will be).

Archived